Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Current ideas on evolution?

The Old-Evolution-Mind control fungus!
Counter-Evolution-No mind control fungus!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 138

Author Topic: Evolution: Jethro is back!?!?! [SPACE]  (Read 121640 times)

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Onwards, Jethro! [FUNGUS]
« Reply #690 on: September 28, 2010, 05:41:12 pm »

A large wolf-like thing with spiked octopus tentacles, leaves, stalk-eyes, and the ability to speak. This is what can be accomplished with counter-evolution.

Let's see...
We steal the wolf-likeness DNA from a wolf we infected, octopus tentacles from an octopus, spikes from a groundhog, stalk-eyes from a slug, and develop the ability to speak through evolution of our fungi.

Then we add heat-sensing organs, acid-spewing from that beetle thing. We give ourselves a giant tail and stinger from a poisonous scorpion, and wings with which we can fly ourselves around. This will be our first race, the...Clusterfuckalus.

Then we proceed to steal DNA from every other creature in the world and create new creatures with this DNA. We will be like gods, only we will be mushrooms!
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 28, 2010, 05:47:56 pm »

Who is this that denies the Godness of Fungi?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 28, 2010, 05:49:20 pm »

You're doing what I apparently did in WIZARD! thinking everything you want to do is canon. TC will his/my halfwit overpowered fungi/my wolctuplant monstrosity ever be possible, or do you not want to continue this game for that long?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:51:49 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 28, 2010, 05:53:00 pm »

TC will his halfwit fungi ever be possible, or do you not want to continue this thread for that long?

I'm TC right? Right?

Anyways, I'll continue this thread for as long as I interested in it, and other people are too. Else, there is very little reason for it, is there? Besides, we haven't even gone halfway through the game. (Still have tribal, city-state/civilization, space. Stages may vary.) Frankly, I want to get to at least city-state. (I have an idea for a RTD, and I want to test some things out.) Unless, of course, this thread dies.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 28, 2010, 05:54:43 pm »

You're doing what I apparently did in WIZARD! thinking everything you want to do is canon. TC will his halfwit fungi ever be possible, or do you not want to continue this thread for that long?
Are you not doing the same, right here, right now? How do you know you will ever have time to develop everything you mentioned in your previous post on your own?

With DNA stealing, developing is a piece of cake. And infecting, while it may start off slow, will keep getting faster for every infected creature. They all keep infecting others, then share what they learned, including the DNA of their host, with the rest of our species.

Now, if every creature we control tries to infect every creature it sees, wouldn't that be pretty fast? Wouldn't we gain new DNA much faster than if we tried to develop everything on our own?

Of course, if TC ( The Creator? ) wants to veto it, sure, it's his game.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 28, 2010, 05:56:28 pm »

Are you not doing the same, right here, right now? How do you know you will ever have time to develop everything you mentioned in your previous post on your own?

I noticed that I wanted something similar and edited my post, you should probably have read it before posting this, meh.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 28, 2010, 05:57:03 pm »

I'm only going to veto the insanely stupid stuff. Else, I'll probably be cool with anything.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 28, 2010, 05:57:14 pm »

I'm not gonna say that either is better than the other, but as we are, a parasite, we REQUIRE other creatures to survive, or at the least, locomote. If we become a solitude create, we will be able to do anything on our own.

If you are using the 'become anything you want' we can still do that... as long as its: A Fungi, Has Tentacles of some sort, Has leaves of some sort, and has an electric and chemical brain; which today I have learned, thats what human-brains are... an electro-chemical organ... the two working together...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 28, 2010, 05:58:38 pm »

What Flagrarus says is also my plan!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 28, 2010, 06:01:30 pm »

This.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 28, 2010, 06:03:59 pm »

In his path we're a godplayer that only gets to improve monstrosities. On my path we're a vulnerable monstrosity that gets to further become a true monster. Right now it's just what the TC thinks is less stupid, and what the public wants more. Besides, we're definitely going to be faced with evolution again. Do you want to just keep ignoring it, and never continue to the next stage?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 28, 2010, 06:05:05 pm »

And munchkins are bad?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 28, 2010, 06:07:56 pm »

sometimes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 28, 2010, 06:14:22 pm »

And munchkins are bad?

Munchkins? When were munchkins mentioned?

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 28, 2010, 06:22:18 pm »

In his path we're a godplayer that only gets to improve monstrosities. On my path we're a vulnerable monstrosity that gets to further become a true monster. Right now it's just what the TC thinks is less stupid, and what the public wants more. Besides, we're definitely going to be faced with evolution again. Do you want to just keep ignoring it, and never continue to the next stage?

We will not just get to improve monstrosities. We will warp them so far they barely resemble what they used to be, they will be our monstrosities, our very own creature designed to control the world. We will not just be a true monster, we will be a race of true monsters! In fact, we will be multiple races of true monsters, each of them designed by us using DNA we have stolen earlier.

And yes, we will be using evolution: to get the hivemind required to do all this. No matter how much mind control we have, we will still be fungi, an entire parasitic race of it's own, and thus be able to evolve. And not continue to the next stage? If I remember correctly, the City stage is where your creature rules the planet, right? We will, through mind control. We will use our hosts to build magnificent things. Of course, as we get more and more complicated, the goals of individual fungi may start to differ, and each of us will be an individual, with it's own personality, but controlling the body of a different being. And we, the fungus that is us, will have to get the best host body available if we are to survive in such a world. We will be just as vulnerable as we would be in your scenario, only with many more options.

Also, the public is who is voting, and, shockingly enough, the poll results so far are proving you wrong...

But you are right about the munchkins, I have no idea where that came from  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 138