Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Current ideas on evolution?

The Old-Evolution-Mind control fungus!
Counter-Evolution-No mind control fungus!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 138

Author Topic: Evolution: Jethro is back!?!?! [SPACE]  (Read 121881 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: So I heard you like Mitochondria. [CELL-FORM]
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2010, 03:05:05 pm »

Well, what do we have here?

Name of Species: Xenos Infiltratus
Number of cells: 9
Name of Cell: None.
Size: 2, DNA: 1, RNA: 3, Amino Acids: 7, Protein: 2, Energy: 4, Fat: 4
Oxygen Resistance, Tough Membrane, Simple Cytoplasm, Simple Centrosome, Simple Nucleus, Complex Chemical Detection Organelle, Complex Sensory Cilia, Simple Ribosome, Simple Chloroplast, Simple Mitochondria, Complex Flagella

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2010, 03:05:19 pm »

Yep. Cellcraft. This is the game that I talked about. Play it if you dont understand what these things do.

Also slicer enzymes
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2010, 03:05:51 pm »

Restriction enzymes are go! (They cut up DNA. Meaning that they can cut up the virus's DNA (As it tries to infect you), rendering it harmless.)

As you produce some restriction enzymes as an anti-virus, your mitochondria spews out a free radical. The free radical rampages throughout your cell. As you are distracted, the virus DNA reaches your nucleus. It crowds out your own DNA...

Xenos is Dead.

(RANDOM.org doesn't want you to survive for some reason.)

Someone said to make a Golgi body, we should have done that.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2010, 03:06:57 pm »

Yep. Cellcraft. This is the game that I talked about. Play it if you dont understand what these things do.

Also slicer enzymes

HERESY!! I talked about cell craft first. I said it in the first reply.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2010, 03:08:04 pm »

Also slicer enzymes
Totally ninja'd you.

Aramco, a Golgi Body won't do us any good. We need an E.R. Also to make peroxisomes to fight Free Radicals, we need an E.R.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

You create some slicer enzymes (Or to be more precise, restriction enzymes.) You make four of them out of four amino acids, though you need to burn a chunk of fat to do so. (Mitochondria are great.) A virus tries to infect you, but your slicers get rid of it DNA. You get a protein from it's empty casing.

Number of cells: 9
Size: 2, DNA: 1, RNA: 3, Amino Acids: 3, Slicers: 3, Protein: 3, Energy: 6, Glucose : 4, Fat: 3
Oxygen Resistance, Tough Membrane, Simple Cytoplasm, Simple Centrosome, Simple Nucleus, Complex Chemical Detection Organelle, Complex Sensory Cilia, Simple Ribosome, Simple Endoplasmic Reticulum, Simple Chloroplast, Simple Mitochondria, Complex Flagella
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:12:27 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2010, 03:10:56 pm »

Also slicer enzymes
Totally ninja'd you.

Aramco, a Golgi Body won't do us any good. We need an E.R. Also to make peroxisomes to fight Free Radicals, we need an E.R.

I thought we had an E.R.?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2010, 03:12:02 pm »

You would be right.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2010, 03:13:24 pm »

You would be right.
Not on the organelles list. If we DO have an E.R., make some peroxisomes.

EDIT: OK, you fixed it. Make a Golgi Body too.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2010, 03:14:07 pm »

Oxygen Resistance, Tough Membrane, Simple Cytoplasm, Simple Centrosome, Simple Nucleus, Complex Chemical Detection Organelle, Complex Sensory Cilia, Simple Ribosome, Simple Endoplasmic Reticulum, Simple Chloroplast, Simple Mitochondria, Complex Flagella

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2010, 03:15:28 pm »

NOW that the virus is dead, or we have suitable defenses, GO AFTER THAT MITOCHONDRIA VERY LARGE DISTURBANCE!!!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2010, 03:17:24 pm »

I thought we did, and that was where we found the Proto-Mitochondria that we made into our

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: What Spore should have been. [CELL-FORM]
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2010, 03:18:17 pm »

Cellcraft. I learned most of what I know from it too. The rest I learn on the fly. HH, We already ARE multicell. We mitosis-ed a while back.
Nay, that is wrong, we did Meiosis, one cell splitting into two, not Mitosis, two cells creating one. Mitosis is a more complex redroductive action, while Meiosis is simply splitting one into two...

Wrong way around, yeah.  Mitosis - two cells split into one, creating two diploid cells.  Meiosis - One cell splits into four, creating four haploid gametes.  Two corresponding gametes (e.g. egg cell, sperm cell) can join together in the process of fertilisation to create a genetically re-combined zygote.  But that all depends upon sexual reproduction, which won't really come about until you get multicellular on our asses.

My question thus is - did we go multicellular, or is this counting the number of cells in our species/colony?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2010, 03:19:50 pm »

Right. Time for some peroxisomes. You spend a protein on this, with five units of energy. (Time to burn some glucose!) You get five peroxisomes, more than you need.

You decide to take a look at the big disturbance, but it is already gone. (Those things are fast!)

Number of cells: 15 (Number of cell that are part of your species, but are in no way connected to us.)
Size: 2, DNA: 1, RNA: 3, Amino Acids: 3, Slicers: 3, Persox.: 5, Protein: 2, Energy: 7, Glucose : 3, Fat: 3

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2010, 03:20:16 pm »

We need more cells! Multi cell is more powerful than single cell!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 138