Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Current ideas on evolution?

The Old-Evolution-Mind control fungus!
Counter-Evolution-No mind control fungus!

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 138

Author Topic: Evolution: Jethro is back!?!?! [SPACE]  (Read 121484 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: I want to be the Tardigrade [HIVE-MIND]
« Reply #1335 on: October 21, 2010, 03:10:39 pm »

I just realized how worthless our bears are. If we have the fire spitting gene we can make a tank to guard our walls and whatever.
Strengthen bear muscles to be about as strong as wolftopus tentacles, make bearskin armored, make bear fur as hard as iron(if we know how hard that is) we can possibly make it, give armored super fur bears the fire spitting gene, laugh maniacally as they decimate anything attempting to regain control of the central tunnel with the aid of the wolftopi.

Name the new monstrosity Flamberge.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:30:15 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 21, 2010, 03:19:39 pm »

I like the pun, but the fur should be 'AS HARD AS POSSIBLE' and not just as hard as iron.
I mean, spider silk is the strength of steel of the same thickness, apparently. So we could have massively armoured bears.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1337 on: October 21, 2010, 03:26:35 pm »

Don't flood the tunnels. They pose no actual threat to us, and we are in the process of infecting their city.  If we start to destroy the food supply it will only cause us problems later when we have taken control.

Use any force necessary to protect the spawning pool, but don't excessively harm the city.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 21, 2010, 04:17:28 pm »

Waaaaaaaaiiiiit Lizard+bat+wolf+Firespittors= Dragon !
It's FEF, not FEOF

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 21, 2010, 04:28:53 pm »

who needs dragons when we have armoured crabs that shoot fire just as well?
and can FIT inside the tunnels if we need them to.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 21, 2010, 04:33:02 pm »

Waaaaaaaaiiiiit Lizard+bat+wolf+Firespittors= Dragon !

That wouldn't make a dragon, it would at best make a fire spitting wolf with wings and scales. Probably a tumor on it as well.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Turns delayed due to FPS loss. [HIVE-MIND]
« Reply #1341 on: October 21, 2010, 05:51:17 pm »

You create some seed rockets, to further colonize the parts of the globe that you have not reached yet. You also create some seed launchers, and some various types of ammo to be launched.

You put out the fire, and create a new, armoured spawning pool. You theorize about how many cool and awesome creatures you could make with the fire-spitting DNA, but don't actually make any, except for the fire-spitting scuttlers.

(Since the turns will be delayed for the next few days or so, if you want a creature to be made, make sure you have something for it to do, turns will be delayed, after all. Also, sorry for not doing everybody's amazing ideas.)

DRONES:

Advanced Scuttler: Stong, armoured, built to kill. Has incredibly fast, shrimp claws.
Scuttler: Armoured. Good all around. Shoots poison.
Gatherer: Make to collect and process DNA.
Light-bulb drone: Gives off light. Fast, but otherwise useless.
Scuttler Tank: Highly armoured. Not very fast.
Schoolbus: Carries crabs. Gives of light. Very large and heavily armoured.
Digger: Digs. Builds walls. Otherwise useless.
Primpsk drone: A Primpsk you control.
Primpsk Scout: Passively infects and scouts.
WOLFTOPUS: HALF WOLF, HALF OCTOPUS, HALF UBER-STRONG TENTACLES, HALF ARMOUR PLATING, ALL AWESOME.
Biter: Likes warmth. Hates cold. Adapted to bite onto things when it is cold.
Burrowing millipede: Digs. Biter dispenser.
Flame Scuttler: Good all around. Shoots fire.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 21, 2010, 06:39:32 pm »

Take a Biter, give it tiny wings, give it firebreath, and put a squad of them on a burrowing millipede.

How much Primskese do we know?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 21, 2010, 06:51:08 pm »

Hmmmm, I've been away from this for a while... and they path it has taken is weird...

we dont really have our own sentient race yet... we are just slaughtering and assaulting one... and insectoids are awesome and all, but sentient insectoids not so much.

Extend the roots of your trees to puncture into the Primsks's tunnels, grow glowing mushrooms on the roots that release 'infecting' spores, that also double as accual mushroom spores spreading the AOC we have underground.

Biological warfare against a bronze-age sub-terrainean insectoid culture... who have flaming boomers as war-animals, and giant maggots as livestock..... this will be fun.....

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 21, 2010, 06:53:41 pm »

Take a Biter, give it tiny wings, give it firebreath, and put a squad of them on a burrowing millipede.

How much Primskese do we know?

5% Sorry, make that 4%. Some of the infected Primpsks where just killed. And all in the same spot too...

Also:

(Since the turns will be delayed for the next few days or so, if you want a creature to be made, make sure you have something for it to do, turns will be delayed, after all.)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 21, 2010, 07:03:26 pm »

Gatling. Crabs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 21, 2010, 07:03:44 pm »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 21, 2010, 07:18:53 pm »

Send the WOLFTOPI, Flame Scuttlers, and some Schoolbuses loaded with Scuttler Tanks to take and hold the central chamber.

Follow that up with a force of WOLFTOPI that are carrying spawning trees to the tunnel entrance and build a large spawning pool.

Build a large force of burrowing millipedes and send them at the enemy. Hopefully that will make it difficult for them to maintain forces near the border.

Expand the tree root-system and institute bulbing to allow them to recover after surface destruction.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 21, 2010, 07:23:27 pm »

Well I guess I could throw my ideas around.

They are living in a subterranean cavern filled with water, basically an underground lake, correct? And they need lots of oxygen to diffuse into their body(because they are insectoid), meaning the water needs a lot of 02. Which means it needs contact with the air, or some form of plant which can survive without light and produce 02(I have not heard of one, but my research in such is little).

So, I suggest we deploy diggers around the area around the entrance of our initial siege, (like dozens). They dig down until they find a body of water, and have our "crabs" explore it. We should eventually find some sort of mountain spring or something connected to the city, which would mean easy access for whatever slaughter anyone else had in mind.

Or, you know, we could just dig a tunnel connecting the ocean to the city.

"Edit" In case you bring it up - Design a small crab with a very sharp nose-like horn and very powerful legs to assist the diggers in breaking up bedrock. Call it a Norecrab
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:29:14 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 21, 2010, 07:24:46 pm »

RAM's plan, but have millipedes loaded up with super biters like I described earlier. And rather than bulbing, have trees have the animal-that-lays-eggs-when-it-dies-and-the-eggs-don't-hatch-until-there-is-water (I can't remember what it is called) gene.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 138