Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: semi-automatic goods production  (Read 695 times)

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
semi-automatic goods production
« on: September 08, 2010, 02:15:37 pm »

When the fort becomes big enough or during peculiar but solvable fun situations, it can be hard to follow, let's say, the amount of booze stored. Nor the automatic "repeat order" option is enough, as it will stop when there is no more space in the stockpile.

So, when the bookkeper is appointed (or a new stock administrator noble), a new general stock management window becomes available, in which you can set a minimum amount of a certain good to be stored. When the actual amount is below the minimum level set, the appropriate workshop automatically gets the order to produce new items.
Of course this is ment for all kinds of goods, booze was just an example. Also, it's completly optional: if no minimum amount is set (or if by default the minimum amount is zero), things will work as usual.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: semi-automatic goods production
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:19:09 pm »

THAT is awesome idea!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 04:21:59 pm »

Yes, please.

StrawberryBunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 06:19:34 pm »

This is already in the top ten suggestions on the Eternal Suggestion page, called Standing Orders. Thanks for playing, though.
(16:25:13 ) (+strawberrrybunny) I've decided that I might as well put my almost encyclopedic knowledge of DF to use
(16:25:13 ) <+buttbot> I've decided that I might as well put my almost enbuttlopedic buttledge of DF to use

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 06:28:07 pm »

This is already in the top ten suggestions on the Eternal Suggestion page, called Standing Orders. Thanks for playing, though.

What I was gonna say. But its a good idea.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 04:21:41 pm »

Sorry, that list wasn't in the guidelines of the section, so I didn't see the topic.