Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: For Queen and Country!  (Read 12450 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: For Queen and Country!
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2010, 06:31:14 am »

Gah! Since when does "Follow this person, unseen" mean "follow this person, throwing stuff at him the got his attention"?

Guess I'll have to roll with it...

I gesture for him to keep ruining, matching and running alongside him. I use my talents to make both of us unnoticeable and create whatever false trails i can manage without slowing down. As I run, without slowing down as well: I bow  to him and tip my hat.
"Curious indeed, and my sincere apologies about the apple. Curious I am, as to what the goals of one such as ourself might be. I hold no doubt you did Britannia a great service today in revealing the wicked presence among the ranks of power. I wish to thank you." ((But possibly more eloquently.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2010, 06:43:12 am »

Im gonna need proper equipment. However, the guild is most likely also compromised, and they might not like me bringing in their blood.
A regular kitchen has to do in this case. Gotta find an inn or something similar with a kitchen.

OOC: Is that thing Ego?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2010, 07:27:48 am »

Armok:
Yeah, sorry about that, but, the thought process involved there was...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, I'm sorry if you feel that wasn't the outcome you should have got - I'll see if I can get things a little closer to how you envision the character next time.

Cerapa:
Yes, that's Ego, that given that this is a day ahead of his (re)introduction in the other thread means I should probably allow this one to take on a path of its own, so you can destroy Ego and kill Euro (if he ever turns up) if you want without me having to invent some excuse why you're not able to.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2010, 08:09:08 am »

I would like to be in the waiting list please.

Name: Ochita
Faction: Civilian: Assasain

Earth:4 (Iron will)
Fire:6 (Sprinting)
Air:4 (Inventing)
Water: 5 (Reading people)

Powers:
(0) Cats leap
Years in the city working as an assasain has taught you how to jump like a nimble cat. The rooftops are now your main way of transportation.
(1) Gecko climbing - You have an uncanny talent for climbing, it would almost be as if you were a gecko, holding on to the wall even when there are no visible handholds.

Possessions:
Some dark clothes that blend into the city at dark, has some hidden pockets and a hood. A couple of knives that are hidden in his boot and his thigh. The one in his boot can come out while kicking for some brutal attacks. A single action revolver, some money and a small vial of poison he brought. The effects are almost instant.

Background/Personality: Ochita is someone who keeps to himself, he does his job without complaint or emotion. He will not do hits he considers evil. His background is not known as he just lashes out then jumps away.

Is this alrght?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2010, 09:09:20 am »

Oh, I didn't realize he had detected me before me throwing the apple.

I imagined the power to rely at least as much on air as water really, he don't have to detect others first in order for them not to detect him, and water is for detecting stuff.
Remember he's an illusionist, so the more specific flavours of things may be assumed to be similar to how their tricks are done.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2010, 01:06:39 pm »

Storm clouds lingered overhead now, yet those clouds seemed to refuse to release the rain that they taunted the city with. Ominously, they drifted overhead, threatening to drop a deluge of rain at any moment.

Criptfeind:
That single green eye turned to focus on you as you spoke, yet the thing remained impassive, unimpressed or unaware of the manner in what you were preparing yourself to use your power, to use your weapons. Maybe it was fully aware, maybe it was completely oblivious to it. It mattered not of course if it was aware or not, as it made no effort to continue any hostile action, instead seeming to peer past you, towards the others who were almost atop it now.

"I am Assault Unit Ego," came the artificial voice, while it turned its body towards the nearest building, that singular eye remaining focused on you as it did so. "I answer not to your authority," it added one foot slamming into the wall as it kicked its toes into the brickwork effortlessly. Even as it did so, it reached out, fast as lightning to grasp...

Armok:
You were unable to stop the thing as it grasped you by the collar of your attire, your body hauled upwards as its free hand impacted with the brickwork, as it made a show of using you to obscure its form. You knew that while it had you, hostage as you may be in its grasp, that the advancing peelers would make no effort to shoot at it, for fear that they would hit an innocent.

Ah, an innocent. You must be innocent. Innocent of what, you had no idea, yet you were quite happy to go with this moment as the thing scaled the wall.

"Ah, good sir, if you would loosen your grasp a touch on my shirt, I would be most appreciative, for as it is, you are asphixiating me!" you stated, playing up the fact that your collar was a little tighter than you were comfortable with, though you got little response from it as scaled the wall with ease. "I must apologise for fouling your weapon-" you started, almost gagging as you were jostled by the manner in what the thing holding you was climbing, still finding a moment in what to tip your hat to it politely. "-Yet I must inquire about the motivation that one such as yourself possesses. While there is no doubt that you have done this great nation a service in revealing the presence of that what lurks within its ranks, I do find my curiosity piqued."

The thing turned towards you as it continued upwards, the answer you got one that curiously, revealed a lot more than the few words it used should have betrayed. "I must stem the tide," it stated as it swung you up over the lip of the roof, leaving you sat atop the flat rooftop as it ran towards the opposite side, vaulting over the edge and vanishing from view.

The nerve of it all, leaving you stranded up here!

Abculatter:
While you were nearing, almost close enough to assist in apprehending this thing, it started to scale the wall, with a strangely dressed man. Some of the Peelers that you were approaching with reacted to this by turning down one of the alley ways, pulling you with them as they informed you that they were going to go around the building, catch it on the other side.

As they had seemed to predict, the figure dropped down on the other side of the building as you ran through the alley way, the heavy clang of its form landing filling the air. Even so, it crouched as it landed, turning towards the officers in pursuit as it rose to its feet, though it was questionable if you would realise that it had done so to absorb the shock of its fall.

The Peelers about you unholstered their guns in responese, raising them as one of them, one who was hiding behind you, barked an order at it.
"Get down on your knees with your hands behind your head, you are under arrest for the assassination of Lord Morten!" came the mans voice, yet the figure before you, a slender figure of shining bronze wrapped in a leather overcoat stood there, watching them with that single glowing green eye.

"No," came the things artificial voice after a brief moments silence. "I commited no crime, for the law clearly states that the things that go bump in the night, that tainted humans and monsters are permitted to be killed on sight," he stated, while the officers behind you shifted nervously, cocking the hammers on their guns, yet none of them wanted to be the first to fire.

RAM:
It was clear that there was going to be no easy way to get the body, though the Peelers guarding it were setting the former Lord's coat over his face, to obscure the features that stared blankly skywards. Obtaining it would take force, it would require overpowering people trained with firearms, then hauling away a body that while no doubt lighter than natural, was no easier to conceal.

To make matters worse, the armed forces had turned up, no doubt having been stationed nearby incase of an emergency. While they brought with them additional firepower, they were focused at this moment on gathering up the citizens that lingered on, getting them all in one place as the Peelers watched the body.

Acting would be risky and if you planned to, it would have to be soon, before any potential window left open was lost.

Cerapa:
Having hurried away from the scene before the armed forces arrived, you were fortunately not apprehended on your way out. The Peelers had been glad to see the back of you no doubt, glad to have no more to do with you now that you had what you needed. You likewise, were glad to have no more to do with them, as you had work to do, work, that would be so much better handled without them looking over your shoulder at every possible moment.

The big issue was that without a lab, paranoid as you were about the potential that the guild could have been infiltrated itself, you were going to have to rely upon much lesser resources. While you could make do with as little as a kitchen, you were lacking even that. Unless...

Unless you were to pick one of the nearby pubs or hotels, find means to get access to their kitchen...

This would require more than asking nicely however, you noted, as you scanned the streets, taking note of how there was one slightly more run down pub, one of a rowdy nature and one of a more refined nature that you would no doubt get chased out of over your attire alone. Did you risk their facilities, or did you keep looking?

Nirur:
Your wandering took you away from the scene, down many streets you were unfamiliar with, towards and over the river as you drifted. In a city such as ths nobody stopped you to see what had you so pale, what had left you so clearly shaken. That was city life for you, and city life was about to add to those experiences.

The sound of gunfire came from around the corner of the street nearby, with a man built like a mountain charging past, pursued by Peelers. A man who was shrugging off every bullet he took as he held onto a small bag he was running with. A man who's clothing was soaked with blood, yet there were no wounds visible where the bullets had entered his body.

He seemed unstoppable, yet reluctant to fight back against the people pursuing him, instead, visible from where you stood, dropped the bag he was carrying over the side of the path, onto the riverbank. The Peelers seemed to have missed this, as they, along with the man and the sound of gunfire faded into the distance as they continued onward.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2010, 01:16:41 pm »

Oops, almost forgot...

Ochita:
Thumbs up, adding you.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2010, 01:33:36 pm »

Oh well, time to disappear from the scene of this spectacle then...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2010, 01:41:39 pm »

Gonna risk it and take the place of a more refined nature. The speech and the events of the speech hopefully drove away a lot of people from the place. And the peelers are busy elsewhere. The best course of action in this case might be to just walk to the kitchen in the most concentrated look possible. With any luck, they will believe Im about to blow something up or similar and wont stop me. If they do stop me, I will answer truthfully.

I should get a power that gives me a bonus when I speak the truth since I seem to be doing that with every conversation.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2010, 06:19:18 pm »

*sighs*

I attempt to memorise the body, maybe I can figure something out later...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2010, 07:07:53 pm »

Eather Zorak knew he needed to follow this mechanical man so he started sprinting around the buildings try to find where he had gone.

Short turn but I can not think of much to do.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2010, 09:28:55 pm »

Henry sighed, interrupted from his internal debate. It would be far better to not get involved, to simply turn and walk away. Whatever it was, it had nothing to do with him.

Oddly, he found himself drawn towards the bag, despite all logic. He looked around briefly at the nearby when he reached the riverbank, then shrugged and leaped over. He'd seen nobody looking, doubted that anyone had bothered noticing him, and further doubted that anyone would care enough to check on him.

He contemplated the polluted 'water' briefly, then found the bag and reached out a hand to cautiously open it, his other hand grasping his gun.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2010, 04:59:52 pm »

I have been missing this...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2010, 05:59:06 pm »

I have been missing this...

As have I.

Also, my turn:
When have you been known to give up? Keep chasing!
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2010, 12:41:17 am »

Putting forth my character nomination
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8