Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vermin Hunters  (Read 1611 times)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Re: Vermin Hunters
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 03:09:15 pm »

It's functionally possible to make a vermin-hunter type of animal that is also wild. Make them fearless but docile and harmless. Your dwarves will ignore them while they merrily romp through your stores for roaches, rats and other creepy-crawlies.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 03:19:55 pm »

It's functionally possible to make a vermin-hunter type of animal that is also wild. Make them fearless but docile and harmless. Your dwarves will ignore them while they merrily romp through your stores for roaches, rats and other creepy-crawlies.

I don't think it's possible to make Dwarves ignore creature that aren't vermin.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 03:21:16 pm »

I'd like to hear more about this actually. It would be kind'a cool to mod in wild rat-snakes or something along those lines.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 04:20:01 pm »

could you have a vermin hunter vermin?

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 04:48:18 pm »

could you have a vermin hunter vermin?
Since that tag is hardcoded to attributes that can only be applied to non-vermin, I doubt it.. But go ahead and try. I don't think anyone has actually tested that.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 05:54:47 pm »

This bug has been fixed in DF2010.  Captured vermin will now only be eaten as a last resort by a starving dwarf.

I was under the impression that this was fixed. I'll try to find a reference.

That wiki page could do with updating, then.
Pages: 1 [2]