Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Toggle "Ignore damp stone locaded"  (Read 12358 times)

nataq

• Bay Watcher
  • Atheist
    • View Profile
Toggle "Ignore damp stone locaded"
« on: September 07, 2010, 12:25:13 pm »

add option to ignore "damp stone located" messages that pause my game. Make dwarves just keep digging.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people."

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toggle "Ignore damp stone locaded"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:23:26 pm »

Go to init\announcements.txt and locate the line:
[DIG_CANCEL_DAMP:A_D:D_D:P:R]
Remove the ": P : R" so that the game does not Pause and Recenter when you get a damp stone message.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 04:30:20 pm »

I say that there should be an
  • rder for ignore warm/damp stone

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:01:07 pm »

I think it should notify you once per group of wet/hot stone, so you can evaluate whether to keep digging, but still know if your dwarves are in danger.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 11:11:58 pm »

Counterproposal: unknown grids underneath known water/magma should be pre-marked as damp/hot.

This would resolve, in a safer way, the main case where I would consider disabling the warning -- that of digging a tunnel one level below a pool or river.  If the grids were already marked, then the game would consider the player already warned (since the markings would be there before the designation is painted), and not interrupt the miners.

Mckee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 08:07:42 am »

Counterproposal: unknown grids underneath known water/magma should be pre-marked as damp/hot.

This would resolve, in a safer way, the main case where I would consider disabling the warning -- that of digging a tunnel one level below a pool or river.  If the grids were already marked, then the game would consider the player already warned (since the markings would be there before the designation is painted), and not interrupt the miners.

I prefer this one. Its simple and fairly elegant. It stops someone accidently turning off the alert and flooding stuff, but it also removes the annoying spam that comes with digging under a river.
'What good is a lesson if your idiot is too dead to learn from it?'

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 08:12:13 am »

Although honestly, one shouldn't be digging so close under a river, leaving only a mud floor to support the water...
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 09:57:16 am »

Yhea I think that pre marking would be a good idea. Altrough it may be a good idea to tiles with only a floor between them and water leak a little like passing a single unit of water every few minutes.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

mLegion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 02:02:12 pm »

Go to init\announcements.txt and locate the line:
[DIG_CANCEL_DAMP:A_D:D_D:P:R]
Remove the ": P : R" so that the game does not Pause and Recenter when you get a damp stone message.

This doesn't stop the tile from being undesignated. same with warm stone.

Jayce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 05:16:51 pm »

Digging through warm stone for admantine is a pain.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 06:07:16 am »

Or why not add a new option under the -d menu, "forced dig" (selected by a capital D)? It will work like a normal digging designation but will ignore the damp stone stuff. Might be better than switching careful digging on and off through the option menu.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:10:28 am by Moddan »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 11:49:38 pm »

How do I get my dwarves to ignore the warm/damp stone, and continue digging? I'm mining out an area 1 z-level above a magma duct I dug out and filled with magma, and the dwarves are continually undesignating this area. I need it dug out to build more magma forges and smelters.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 10:03:27 am »

How do I get my dwarves to ignore the warm/damp stone, and continue digging? I'm mining out an area 1 z-level above a magma duct I dug out and filled with magma, and the dwarves are continually undesignating this area. I need it dug out to build more magma forges and smelters.

This is the topic of the whole thread.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 03:56:27 pm »

Ah-hahahaha! I figured it out! When you're 1 z-level above the water/magma and the dwarves cancel the dig, just redesignate the area and they'll dig it out.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 04:44:14 pm »

Ah-hahahaha! I figured it out! When you're 1 z-level above the water/magma and the dwarves cancel the dig, just redesignate the area and they'll dig it out.

If you designate stone that has been cancelled already, it will always be dug out.
Pages: [1] 2