Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I hate my boss...  (Read 4638 times)

Nappada

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
I hate my boss...
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:31:53 am »

Hello (DF) world!

After being lurker for year or two, I have finally overcome the challenge of registering and as first thing, I decided to ask your advice to this matter:
I work in small company which sells lamps and other small electrical thingies. Me and my boss have never actually liked each others and now as I got better job offer, I am about to quit my job and I want to tell my boss what I think of him. Which would be best way to tell him that?
I want something creative and hilarious (not hilarious for my boss ofcourse), not some shouting on his face or somesuch styleless way.  :D

Apologies for bad english.

Edit: I need advice as soon as possible as I am going to tell him my opinion about him tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:35:37 am by Nappada »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: I hate my boss...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:40:35 am »

Send him a turd in the mail!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:18:32 am »

Don't burn your bridges behind you.  You never know when you need to retreat over them.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:51:17 am »

Staple your resignation letter to his forehead.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:04:12 am »

Don't they call your boss for a recommendation? If not, have fun ;)
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:08:25 am »

Don't burn your bridges behind you.  You never know when you need to retreat over them.

Yeah, it's not wise to dispose of people that might be able to help you in the future, no matter how cathartic it might seem to tell them off.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 11:10:53 am »

Yeah. just tell him but be kind about it. say that "while we haven't been on the best of terms its still good to have worked here."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 11:18:20 am »

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nappada

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 11:20:44 am »

Yeah, it's not wise to dispose of people that might be able to help you in the future, no matter how cathartic it might seem to tell them

off.

Even if I am pretty sure that I would rather be unemployed for rest of my life than go back to him, you guys still might be right.

Send him a turd in the mail!
He wouldn't know for sure who did it. Otherwise great idea.
Send him a turd in the mail face!
This one really has potential.

Great idea even if he would sue me for it. Not sure what my new employer would think about it if he found out tho.

Additional ideas welcome!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 11:56:37 am »

So let me get this straight: You really dont like your employee(Who, thankfully, you are leaving.) and you would like to off him. Sinbce you lack any kind of wit nessesary to make a remark without resorting to screaming and flapping your arms around, you come here and ask... how to off your boss? Really? Dude, with that kind of workers, no wonder he's not on good terms with you.
-edit-
Oh - and by the way: dont. Your new company is likely to ask you for the details about your previous places of work. Including contact info. They will call. Ask for recomendation. It helps to avoid hiring impolite sneaky assholes.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:59:14 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 11:57:40 am »

Great idea even if he would sue me for it. Not sure what my new employer would think about it if he found out tho.

Now is not a good time to photocopy your butt and staple it to your boss's face, oh no.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 12:00:55 pm »

Now is not a good time to photocopy your butt and staple it to your boss's face, oh no.

Hey! No Weird Al references!

Nappada

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 12:18:32 pm »

So let me get this straight: You really dont like your employee(Who, thankfully, you are leaving.) and you would like to off him. Sinbce you lack any kind of wit nessesary to make a remark without resorting to screaming and flapping your arms around, you come here and ask... how to off your boss? Really? Dude, with that kind of workers, no wonder he's not on good terms with you.
-edit-
Oh - and by the way: dont. Your new company is likely to ask you for the details about your previous places of work. Including contact info. They will call. Ask for recomendation. It helps to avoid hiring impolite sneaky assholes.
Ach... You got me wrong, mate. I was asking ideas to resign in creative way, not in some shouting or other "uncreative" way.
If none ideas had come, I would have probably just gone and said something like "Yeah, it has been fun and all that shit, but I am
going to work for other guy."

And about our relationship: It's not that I have been flailing my arms and screaming hysterically. I don't do that (atlest in my opinion).
You could probably say it's my fault as I am one of the few workers who doesn't buttlick him every matter and I have dared to voice my own opinion.

Unfortunatelly we don't have photocopier at work.  :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:25:37 pm by Nappada »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 12:50:11 pm »

Yet another demonstration of why Aqizzar is the baron.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 01:50:25 pm »

Some double-edged compliment would probably work nicely. Although I don't have an idea for those right now.

I'm a fan of messages or additional meanings only me does actually understand, so yeah.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: [1] 2 3