Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I hate my boss...  (Read 4630 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: I hate my boss...
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 01:56:08 pm »

Some double-edged compliment would probably work nicely. Although I don't have an idea for those right now.

I'm a fan of messages or additional meanings only me does actually understand, so yeah.
What's the point if you're the only one that understands? It's just as effective as swearing at someone in Japanese (only if he doesn't speak Japanese of course).

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 02:54:43 pm »

Ach... You got me wrong, mate. I was asking ideas to resign in creative way, not in some shouting or other "uncreative" way.
If none ideas had come, I would have probably just gone and said something like "Yeah, it has been fun and all that shit, but I am
going to work for other guy."

And about our relationship: It's not that I have been flailing my arms and screaming hysterically. I don't do that (atlest in my opinion).
You could probably say it's my fault as I am one of the few workers who doesn't buttlick him every matter and I have dared to voice my own opinion.
Congratulaton on entirely missing the whole point and confirming general idea of my post.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Nappada

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 03:02:45 pm »

Ach... You got me wrong, mate. I was asking ideas to resign in creative way, not in some shouting or other "uncreative" way.
If none ideas had come, I would have probably just gone and said something like "Yeah, it has been fun and all that shit, but I am
going to work for other guy."

And about our relationship: It's not that I have been flailing my arms and screaming hysterically. I don't do that (atlest in my opinion).
You could probably say it's my fault as I am one of the few workers who doesn't buttlick him every matter and I have dared to voice my own opinion.
Congratulaton on entirely missing the whole point and confirming general idea of my post.

Now, after reading your post thrice, I think I got the point. I'd probably better go back to the hole from which I crawled from. :-[

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 04:52:00 pm »

Just be a man and move on with your life.  I am sure he will be just one in an eventually long list of bosses you won't like.

Life.  Deal with it.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 07:04:52 pm »

Tell him that you're gonna go to another job, and point out his shortcomings. Try to do it politely, and try to be somewhat constructive.

And when he gets mad, start goosestepping around his office and screaming JA MEIN FUHRER at everything he says until security shows up to drag you out of the building.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 07:37:53 pm »

Turd in his food.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 08:07:00 pm »

You'll either have nothing happen and get some slight emotional gratification, or he'll find a way to ruin your next occupation. Not worth it in the slighest, either way.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Nappada

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 01:49:16 am »

Following bit of everyone's advice, I didn't do anything extreme.
To make following little story clear, I have to point out that workers in my, now previous, workplace have access to boss' office at any time as we had to get some papers from time to time. He keeps most important documents locked away. But back to the story.

I went to "work" about time of lunch so my boss would be away. I walked to boss' office, knocked and as no one replied, I went in.
As expected, he was on lucnh and I proceeded with my plan. I took some clear paper from his table and some ducktape. Then I started to tape papers on pretty much empty wall and soon I had about half of it covered with clean paper.
Then I took paint I did bring with me and wrote on papers "It has been FUN. Resignation letter is on your table."
Then I left my resignation letter to his table and went home.

Now I only need to wait his call in which he will likely shout and swear.

By the way, thanks for nice tip Errol.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:44 am »

Alright, Godspeed with your childish hijinx bro.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 02:59:40 pm »

I'm not even going to post what I did to various companies I worked for and hated. Not under this username, anyway.

Protip: Anonymous confidentiality-breaking can be brutal if done right. Don't forget your proxies.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 07:11:54 pm »

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 08:59:33 pm »

You could try setting it up so an insulting video is only released in 50 years, after your retirement has already happened.

...Although the mechanics of this could be tricky...

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 05:35:18 pm »

It's not that I have a good boss.

I have a boss whose random and incomprehensible actions tend to work in my favor more often than not.  There's a big difference.

BADBL00D

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 04:48:01 am »

For anyone else seeking to make a point when leaving a bad boss: rather than make an ass of yourself by doing something childish or (worse) illegal, do something good that will really hurt them: make yourself indespensible THEN leave.

Take on tons of work, start up all sorts of great inititatives, get everyone motivated to make a difference ... and walk out the door.  No one can say a bad word about you, in fact you may even end up with a great reference to show your next employer, but the pain your former employer feels will be real and long lasting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3