Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is my adventurer permanently crippled?  (Read 1269 times)

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is my adventurer permanently crippled?
« on: September 06, 2010, 07:17:31 pm »

So, I just started an adventurer, ran around for a while, killing random wildlife, then I happen to run into a particularly mean gang of Giant Desert Scorpions (in a forest...what were they doing there?). So we I tried to kill them, but they kept charging at me and knocking me over and eventually one of them got both of my lower arms down to red. I ran away to a nearby town, but my arms only healed to yellow. No matter how much I fast-travel, they stay at yellow. I can't even hold a sword now. Will my adventured heal eventually or is his career over?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Is my adventurer permanently crippled?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 07:20:53 pm »

Severed motor nerves never ever heal

D:

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:22:43 pm »

I think all of my adventures have ended within ten to fifteen minutes.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 07:34:19 pm »

Now you can make him a kicking/biting killing machine, to hell with sword and shields! (Just don't get knocked down and change your combat preferences to Strike & Dodge)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 07:37:47 pm »

So, I just started an adventurer, ran around for a while, killing random wildlife, then I happen to run into a particularly mean gang of Giant Desert Scorpions (in a forest...what were they doing there?). So we I tried to kill them, but they kept charging at me and knocking me over and eventually one of them got both of my lower arms down to red. I ran away to a nearby town, but my arms only healed to yellow. No matter how much I fast-travel, they stay at yellow. I can't even hold a sword now. Will my adventured heal eventually or is his career over?

You'll be fine after a few game months, probably. I mean dude, they broke your arm. That's not the kind of thing you just shrug off. You could retire him and start a new adventurer in the meantime, maybe even recruit your old one.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 08:13:25 pm »

Few month? Damn, I can't be that patient! Gotta restart  :(
Also, is it just me or is adventure mode easier in this version. Previously, my dudes were usually murdered by a pack of wolves early on, but this time, I killed quite a lot things without taking any damage before I ran into those freaking scorpions.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 08:17:35 pm »

You're only in real danger from the following:

Hydras.
Bronze Collosi.
Ettins.
Horses and Unicorns. Seriously, stay away from those things.

Armor is king in this version, so you'll go far with a heavily armored fighter or a dancer-type archer.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 08:19:38 pm »

^In a way...yes. Even 'PlayNow!' Adventurers actually get a weapon and a dagger in the beginning. As long as your usual target's ain't that big or too many...you can get by nicely enough, sell your butchered stuff & get better gear earlier...among other things.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...