Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mountainhome relations  (Read 603 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
mountainhome relations
« on: September 06, 2010, 05:05:46 pm »

So, a noob question for you guys ... I just started a new fortress and there was an ... accident.

Will the injury of my outpost liaison cause any problems with the Mountainhome?  The idiot decided to stand on a tile designated for channeling while following the expedition leader (a miner) around my fortress when the first caravan showed up.  Because of this he took a two z-level fall, breaking both arms and a leg.  He was unconscious, then in extreme pain, but after a while was back to chasing the expedition leader around the map again ... all without receiving any medical care (i've yet to have my doctor actually diagnose anything  :-\ ).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: mountainhome relations
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:13:22 pm »

Don't worry; they'll replace him eventually.
That, or you can have your exped. leader speak with him.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 06:13:02 pm »

Yeah, the Exp. Leader finally sat down and I got the meeting done with.  I just wanted to make sure the attempted killing of the liaison wouldn't be a problem for me later. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 06:32:01 pm »

Only thing I can think of is reduced freeloaders (migrants) and maybe a reduction in the quality/number of goods the next caravan brings.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 02:00:24 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:24:28 pm by Bronimin »

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 02:41:48 am »

Just so you know this isn't a noob question.  I think the effects of a liaison getting injured or dieing are not quite clear.  In fact I think it's changed in recent versions.  Before when a liaison died you pretty much lost all control over trade from that point onward.  Now it seems you get a replacement who doesn't really care about what happened to his predecessor.  As far as injuries go I doubt it has any noticeable effect.  The liaison might have trouble getting around is all I can think of.