Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1127

Author Topic: Out of context and funny quotes thread. 15000 posts and still chugging.  (Read 1711247 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Out of context and funny quotes thread.
« Reply #6240 on: December 23, 2013, 12:39:23 am »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: December 23, 2013, 10:37:27 am »

I don't get what running and lore have to do with homosexuality.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: December 23, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: December 24, 2013, 09:19:35 pm »

I'd like to turn a profit out of marriage, thank you.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: December 25, 2013, 02:20:58 pm »

Quote from: From my mom
"That's not what you were saying last night.  Last night you were saying "If I die from this, please let the family know the death was not dignified."  I guess you were hoping for a sword?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: December 26, 2013, 09:46:58 pm »

there are no arguments against consuming delicious children soup
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: December 27, 2013, 12:22:00 pm »

I went from vehicular pedocide to a giant mound of flaming dead children. Therefore, best way to kill off an entire school full of children is with arson.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: December 27, 2013, 01:07:17 pm »

That's... probably pretty true. I never really trusted the school fire drills, though. As a kid I thought they always just wanted us to remain calm while dying. Next best thing would probably be distributing toxic gases through the ventilation, or poisoning the food. And the cooks dont even touch the food for any reason other than to reheat it; it's all pre-prepared.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: December 27, 2013, 01:36:24 pm »

Barbed wire, grenades, and a chokepoint. They'll trample themselves to death.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: December 27, 2013, 03:01:44 pm »

so every time I walked outside it looked like one of those Disney musical numbers, except with wolves zombears and moosen.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6250 on: December 28, 2013, 12:50:58 pm »

All of Bay12, even the lurkers with no accounts, gets together and sings a grand opera for all time. The forums go cold due to the lack of anyone visiting. Toady, left with no audience for his masterpiece, begins to get discouraged, and donations from users stop. He takes down the site, and cancels production on Dwarf Fortress. We keep singing, for days on end, of the lifeless forums and the forgotten wonder that is DF, until one by one we drop into death, forever removed from this realm. The opera, once bright and happy at its beginning, speaking of mad exploits of Ciro and Sankis, turns dark, lamenting the death of our unique place on the internet, one nigh empty of trolling, and longing for what could have been a massive revolution to gaming, and a testament to what a single man can accomplish. When, mercifully, the opera does end, it is the fat lady who sings, though not at a soprano pitch, but instead as a mere whimper as she too slips into death.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: December 28, 2013, 01:25:30 pm »

All of Bay12, even the lurkers with no accounts, gets together and sings a grand opera for all time. The forums go cold due to the lack of anyone visiting. Toady, left with no audience for his masterpiece, begins to get discouraged, and donations from users stop. He takes down the site, and cancels production on Dwarf Fortress. We keep singing, for days on end, of the lifeless forums and the forgotten wonder that is DF, until one by one we drop into death, forever removed from this realm. The opera, once bright and happy at its beginning, speaking of mad exploits of Ciro and Sankis, turns dark, lamenting the death of our unique place on the internet, one nigh empty of trolling, and longing for what could have been a massive revolution to gaming, and a testament to what a single man can accomplish. When, mercifully, the opera does end, it is the fat lady who sings, though not at a soprano pitch, but instead as a mere whimper as she too slips into death.

I cry evertim  :'(
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6252 on: December 29, 2013, 08:06:08 am »

The feels.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: December 29, 2013, 02:28:22 pm »

A sto-sto-storm cloud looks like a great Shintô priest octopus too.
The sun is surprised by it, and cooks it all up,
And the floating takoyaki gets eaten by a dinosaur!1
...[...]...
I'm in a really good mood,
And there's nothing but happiness in the world!
I'm in love with everything,
And there's nothing but joy in the world!
I'm the world's happiest person!
I'm the world's greatest genius!
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: December 29, 2013, 03:02:46 pm »

Quote from: My brother
There's so many farty monsters in here.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1127