Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1127

Author Topic: Out of context and funny quotes thread. 15000 posts and still chugging.  (Read 1709689 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Quote from: Ashton1993 via Skype
...There's no second instance, there's just a jizz stain of Greg strewn throughout a database that makes no sense...

This is somehow even funnier IN-context.

I'm now going to write a short story epic based on our database crashing because I somehow managed to defy logic and create two copies of myself, utterly FUBAR'ing the entire website via my ghost copy, and then spreading the ghost-copy bug onto other players who then somehow overloaded the website and sent it spiraling into a death tantrum, where it crashed utterly.

Or something.

I don't know WHAT the hell I did, but I wish I could replicate it. >_> Digitally cloning myself and somehow turning into an accidental one-man DDOS operation would be absolutely epic.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Yes, the solution to truean's problem is obviously to fill all his alcohol with laxatives.  ::)

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, the solution to truean's problem is obviously to fill all his alcohol with laxatives.  ::)

Is that "...." as in, "you used male pronouns", or "...." as in, "I would totally agree with you if I hadn't already bought the laxatives"?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Whoa what. Who said ANYTHING about polar bears FAPPING?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

To be fair, they likely spent a year or so wiping shit off your ass.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Is that "...." as in, "you used male pronouns", or "...." as in, "I would totally agree with you if I hadn't already bought the laxatives"?
Ah, dammit, I knew that problems would inevitably arise from repeating gender pronouns from context, without thought. Did the same thing in a reply to that post, sorry. And also, lesser apologies to dermonster for doing that thing we're not supposed to do (discuss the quotes).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, dammit, I knew that problems would inevitably arise from repeating gender pronouns from context, without thought. Did the same thing in a reply to that post, sorry. And also, lesser apologies to dermonster for doing that thing we're not supposed to do (discuss the quotes).

Both valid points but then there's a sorta big problem of filling my booze with laxatives.... No one is seeing this why? :P

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

'cause this is the "out of context"-thread and out of context this makes sense, albeit in a different way.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Both valid points but then there's a sorta big problem of filling my booze with laxatives.... No one is seeing this why? :P
There's a problem with that? I, for one, am interested in installing a spring-mounted boxing glove into the door of your liquor cabinet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I, for one, am interested in installing a spring-mounted boxing glove into the door of your liquor cabinet.

Please don't quote me.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Greatorder if you don't stop fapping at everything someone is gonna tear it off.

please don't tell me fapping means that.

if it does, then that has got to be the most embarrasing misunderstanding ever.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I had too.

Don't worry, people do that all the time here <.<

In the meantime, maybe you should erase your quote...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

The best one:

Whoa what. Who said ANYTHING about polar bears FAPPING?
ME!
*fap fappity fap fap fap*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile

Hey, I noticed you trying to screw that. Would you like help?
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1127