Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan items treated as fortress property.  (Read 885 times)

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravan items treated as fortress property.
« on: December 03, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »

Hello, A human Caravan showed up to my fortress with about 30 cages, some empty some with animals. Having no use for them I left them on the caravan. About the same time my countess makes a mandate that no cages be exported. I think nothing of this, They're the Caravan's anyway right?

Wrong. Caravan leaves and she instantly goes miserable. The only other Mandate she had running at the time was no silver items, and since my fortress has no silver at all it's impossible that any was traded. The only other items I traded were various platinum crafts.

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan items treated as fortress property.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:04:00 am »

I believe I hit the same bug in 33g - my mayor had a mandate for no bag/bin export.  The human caravan had several bins of leather that I did not buy.  After the caravan closed for business but before they left he was ecstatic.  A few minutes later he is miserable - angered that nobody could be punished for a recent failure. No criminals, I didn't trade any bags/bins and there were no other prohibited items.  I retained a save if it would help.
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 05:07:00 am »

So THAT'S what it was!  I posted a question a few days ago about a similar phenomenon but nobody could answer it.  My mayor went mad because he couldn't "punish someone for an infraction," but my Justice screen was empty and nobody had broken any mandates.  This must have been why.  Thanks.
g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »

This is Bug 91.  I'll check it out at some point.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!