Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Space RTD - Titan  (Read 10670 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Space RTD - Titan
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2010, 12:01:44 am »

Crew watch steadly for any asteroids approaching the ship( big ones) and shoot them. In meawhile charge up the hyperspace module again

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2010, 01:26:47 am »

(As long as we only have fun and not, y'know... FUN :P)

"Ah, I see. Makes sense." I check the readouts to make the shield isn't too high; I don't want to think about what'll happen if they fail in the middle of an asteroid field. Therefore, I'm going to focus my attention exclusively on keeping the shields stable... but I'm going to stay alert in case I hear any orders from the captain or Sneevil.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2010, 01:36:00 am »

Get into the turret. Think of how I can make them better.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2010, 07:28:56 am »

keep dodging asteroids. while waiting to cool of again.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2010, 08:08:08 am »

'Man I am already getting tired of this room, still this is the life I chose. Hopefully we get attacked by pirates or something...then again that may be going a bit far.'

Head up from the engine room and if there isn't anything I am needed for, I will continue to practice with my energy blade in a quiet secluded are where I cannot cause harm to any equipment.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2010, 05:37:07 pm »

Keep a look out.
You sit back at the ready in your chair as you drop from warp, you see the shield dissipate lightly.
"Port side boys!" You recognize the captains voice of the ships comm.
( 9 - Good) You spin your chair around and look into your port side monitor. A large asteroid is drifting directly toward the ship. You clutch your control and squeeze the red trigger. A round breaches the rails and sails off at the asteroid at over 20 km/s.
( 1 - The asteroid can't dodge, it would if it could though) You see another round impact the asteroid, it came from over where Ochita's gun is mounted. The asteroid breaks up into two. A low double beep sounds a few seconds after firing, you recognize it as the Ready To Fire signal. You fire off another round to the right half of the asteroid blowing it apart.

Crew watch steadly for any asteroids approaching the ship( big ones) and shoot them. In meanwhile charge up the hyperspace module again
( 11 - Perfection) As you drop from warp you look around quickly, the ships nav computer alerts of an incoming unidentified object. You spin around and sight it, you call through your ship wide comm "Port side boys!".
A few seconds after the ship alerts you the rail guns are firing. You watch as your men blow the asteroid to pieces and everything beyond it leaving a good channel of empty space.

I check the readouts to make the shield isn't too high; I don't want to think about what'll happen if they fail in the middle of an asteroid field. Therefore, I'm going to focus my attention exclusively on keeping the shields stable... but I'm going to stay alert in case I hear any orders from the captain or Sneevil.
"Ah, I see. Makes sense." You say just before drop out.
"Take over Serious," Sneevil give the command.
( 7 + 1 = 8 - Good) You raise and lower the shields with some efficiency stopping the majority of small rocks from hitting the ship. You watch as many rocks impact and burn or break apart on the shields.

Get into the turret. Think of how I can make them better.
You sit back at the ready in your chair as you drop from warp, you see the shield dissipate lightly and begin thinking of ways to update the turret when your interrupted.
"Port side boys!" You recognize the captains voice of the ships comm.
( 4 + 1 = 5 - Meh) You over spin your turret delaying firing a few seconds. You look into your monitor and see USEC has already fired, you give it a serious glare an squeeze the trigger. You see your round impact the asteroid cracking the already weakened asteroid into two. Again USEC fires before on the right asteroid leaving the left half for you. You fire a few more rounds then needing into it before its out of your path, or at least in small enough pieces.

keep dodging asteroids. while waiting to cool of again.
( 4 + 2 = 6 - Okay) You manage to keep the ship still as you combat the backwards force from the rail-guns firing, though you don't do much in helping Serious with keeping the small rocks off the shield.

'Man I am already getting tired of this room, still this is the life I chose. Hopefully we get attacked by pirates or something...then again that may be going a bit far.'

Head up from the engine room and if there isn't anything I am needed for, I will continue to practice with my energy blade in a quiet secluded are where I cannot cause harm to any equipment.
You head up to the rear control center to see the captain.
"Hey Flintus" He raises his HUD from his console and spins to greet you.
"Any thing I can do captain?" You ask.
"Not particularly. You wanna see if you can route some engine systems to the extra console up here? Won't have to spend your time in the engine room so much." He offers you the use of the extra console.
"Yea I'll give it a shot. Hows the asteroids?"
"Good USEC demolished them. We should be fine until we can jump, that's as long as no more cross our path." He replies happily.
( 8 - Good) You manage to route controls for the containment shield and a few other monitoring systems through the console and get them display upon the holographic "heads up display" in a order you can live with.

~Story~
In the deep center of an asteroid belt a ship emerges in a pocket of space within the moving sea of rock. The ship blasts through a green crack in the dark, its reverse drive's blast at full power as it tries to stop its collision with a passing mass of rock. Yet another large rock is on its way to the pocket of space the ship is currently is occupying.
Inside the ship several men hear the yells of their captain. On the outside two large rail-guns begin turning into position. They spin and raise their rails from the ships hull. A large piece of metal emerges from the ship on the rails, it breaches the ends of the rails at over 20km/s. Its a blur as it travels a second to the asteroid. The impact blows off pieces of rock off and clearly breaks the integrity of the pocket filled rock. A second later another round makes it's way to the surface of the asteroid. With debris in all directions it cracks in two. After a few more rounds from each gun the asteroid is sent off on another path in many pieces. The ship sits quietly in the newly created void as its navigation computer calculates the next jump.

~Players~
Spoiler: Jetsquirrel, Captain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sneevil, Pilot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: USEC, Weaponry Expert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Serious, Liaison (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flintus, Mechanic (click to show/hide)
~Ship~
Spoiler: Titan (click to show/hide)

~ You guys will be ready to jump after next turn. Well no one screwed up and luckily Sneevil had that well-rested +1 and his piloting skills, or you guys would be having some problems haha. Oh and Flintus, happy? You don't have to sit in that engine room anymore, you can play solitaire on your console or something now haha.
~ So if you guys want anything changed about your role or anything its all up to what you do.. You could rip off the smugglers or just open fire on the station haha, but I don't think it would end well..

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2010, 06:58:50 pm »

Play solitaire on my console.
"So do we actually have a plan here or are we just gona do the deal the simple way?"

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2010, 12:31:46 am »

tell flint that he has solitaire in 4d on his holowatch because of my mod and tell the pilot to lock the cordinates to make a quick jump when we can

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2010, 01:08:06 am »

"Looks like we made it," I say, perhaps pointlessly, but with a tone of relief. There's always a risk navigating asteroid fields, and I've heard a lot of stories about the unlucky ones. Using the com on my holowatch, I contact Jetsquirrel. "What's the plan for the cargo, captain?" I ask. Meanwhile, I'll stay focused on the controls.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2010, 12:46:29 pm »

"keep concentrated on the task ahead were not out of this mess just yet."Try to dodge the asteroids headed for us once more

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2010, 02:03:37 pm »

Keep a look out for any more rampaging asteroids. Blast any of them that need it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2010, 04:27:04 pm »

Make a weapon from scraps.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2010, 08:00:10 pm »

Play solitaire on my console.
"Hey Flintus you can also play that in 4d one your holowatch" Jet calls over to you from his console.
"Thanks"
( 5 - Meh) You play a few games while waiting for the jump, turns out you kinda suck at solitaire..

tell flint that he has solitaire in 4d on his holowatch because of my mod and tell the pilot to lock the cordinates to make a quick jump when we can
"Hey Flintus you can also play that in 4d one your holowatch" You calls over to him from your console.
"Thanks" He yells back.
While plotting the course you notice some large debris in direct course for the ship!
You raise your holowatch to call the cockpit when Serious calls before you do,
"What's the plan for the cargo, captain?"
"Now's not the time! Full power to the shields!" You yell furiously into the comm.
Soon after your console displays the shields raising and the reactor turning up.
Alarms sound quickly and you head the impact of some debris on the hull. You'll definitely need it checked out. You silence the alarms so the guys in the cockpit can concentrate on other things.
After some time you finally get the course plotted for the other half, you send the co-ordinates to Sneevil.

"Looks like we made it," I say, perhaps pointlessly, but with a tone of relief. There's always a risk navigating asteroid fields, and I've heard a lot of stories about the unlucky ones. Using the com on my holowatch, I contact Jetsquirrel. "What's the plan for the cargo, captain?" I ask. Meanwhile, I'll stay focused on the controls.
"Looks like we made it," you say with a sigh of relief.
You call up Jetsquirrel on your holowatch.
"What's the plan for the cargo, captain?"
"Now's not the time! Full power to the shields!" He speaks quickly.
(8 - Good) Your hand rams the lever forward, you see the shields begin to pulse around the ship. A few seconds after you hear impacts and alarms in the cockpit. Sneevil furiously maneuvers around small debris beside you, to bad you can't help.

"keep concentrated on the task ahead were not out of this mess just yet."Try to dodge the asteroids headed for us once more
Serious starts talking into the holowatch, you try to cut him off
"Keep concentrated on the task ahead, were not out of this mess just yet!" Soon after you say this Serious raises the shields and alarms begin to cry out.
(4 + 1 = 5 - Meh)(So lucky someone picked the piloting skill!) You manage to dodge most of the asteroids, but more alarms just continue to go off in the ship. You think one of them might have got through the shield and scratched the hull, it'll have to be inspected in port.

Keep a look out for any more rampaging asteroids. Blast any of them that need it.
( 6 - Okay) You only see one thats pretty big, you manage to hit it with a single round. You watch as small debris hits the ship.

Make a weapon from scraps.
( 5 - Meh) You work for some time but don't manage much, you use up 5 scraps to make a single emmiter of some type, it looks like it could be used for plasma or lasers, maybe EMP.

~Story~
[/b]
The small ship titan, being bombarded by debris jumps forward into hyperspace. Its scathed and tired from the battle. The rail guns have been christened and the shields held out well enough, except for that one impact.. The crew is now able to relax.

~Players~
Spoiler: Jetsquirrel, Captain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sneevil, Pilot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: USEC, Weaponry Expert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Serious, Liaison (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flintus, Mechanic (click to show/hide)
~Ship~
Spoiler: Titan (click to show/hide)

~ Next three turns your in hyper space.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2010, 08:03:02 pm »

Turn the emmiter into an EMP device.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2010, 08:42:04 pm »

"Nice work everyone the damage looks minimal at worst. I'll check the hull next time we land, asteroids can be a bitch."

I'll continue to route engine systems to my new console and see if I can upgrade it to peform any diagnostics from up here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10