Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Space RTD - Titan  (Read 10675 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Space RTD - Titan
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 11:13:37 pm »

try to buy some metal stuff for ship repair in the future

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 11:14:43 pm »

P.S if you'd like to suggest other ways of writing or just comment on my skill as a GM just let me know.
I wouldn't worry about that, you seem to be providing good narrative. The only gripe is the 'see story below', kinda makes you sound like a broken record player. But that's minor.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 01:01:03 am »

(I agree with SHAD0Wdump, so yeah, it's cool. This way works for me. *thumbs up*)

"Thank you very much, sir," I say, shaking the man's hand, before we head out to "Logan's Arms." During the walk, I wonder if I should try to make friends with the officer; it could be useful to us to have a friend in security here. Once we arrive, I turn to the rest of the crew. "I'll talk to Logan and see what he has to offer. Do you want to come with me?" I say, the last part to USEC and Ochita since they're our weaponry experts. Maybe Logan will have some good stuff to haggle for.

Once inside, I approach the counter. "I heard from a safe passage that you have a job?" I ask casually but quietly.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 03:22:38 am »

Head out onto the station and look for any other vendors and possibly factions we could sign up with and get long-term work from.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 07:52:53 am »

(I agree with SHAD0Wdump, so yeah, it's cool. This way works for me. *thumbs up*)

"Thank you very much, sir," I say, shaking the man's hand, before we head out to "Logan's Arms." During the walk, I wonder if I should try to make friends with the officer; it could be useful to us to have a friend in security here. Once we arrive, I turn to the rest of the crew. "I'll talk to Logan and see what he has to offer. Do you want to come with me?" I say, the last part to USEC and Ochita since they're our weaponry experts. Maybe Logan will have some good stuff to haggle for.

Once inside, I approach the counter. "I heard from a safe passage that you have a job?" I ask casually but quietly.

hey hey hey dont recruit people without commanders knowledge

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 11:22:10 am »

Use my knowledge of weapons to choose a good weapon.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 11:41:17 am »

ehm you dont have to have my permission for that

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 12:11:35 pm »

Please, we're off station and I need a weapon, when we are in the ship, I will be at your command. However when we are docked I do my own things.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 12:31:46 pm »

i could hand you my pistol if you want mate
attempt to buy some Weapon scraps

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 03:24:15 pm »

Go with Serious. Give him help if he wants or needs it. Else, look at the arms Logan has to offer.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 08:36:15 pm »

Everyone can buy things for themselves if they want, everyone has 100 credits.
Sorry Sneevil I forgot to describe the sector (which I assume you mean space sector?) anyways Ill add it to your turn and keep your role.

try to buy some metal stuff for ship repair in the future
( 3 - Fail) You approach some scruffy traders with welder masks and tons of metal behind them. They have a sign advertising different alloys for hull plating.
"Hey, you have prices for hull plating?"
"Pfft, this isn't the core, we don't sell to you.. get lost fed." The traders think your part of the federation, which they clearly aren't.
You walk away with no metal. You bring up your wrist communicator and in the top right corner is the number 5000. You think a second and realize that's the amount of money you have for the ship.

You make a mental note of the officer. USEC and Ochita accompany you to speak to Logan. You examine Logan as you walk up to him, black and graying goatee, he looks like a strong man even if he is at least in his fifties. He stands around 6'1 behind his counter.
( 9+1 = 10 - Good)
"I heard from a safe passage that you have a job?"
"Haha another one eh. Well if he trusts you, you must be okay. I'm Logan Sharp. I used to do the run from the edge back here for this shop to spread out into the core. Anyways I'm to old, and I just like to sell and fix these guns up now. There's this mining colony on the edge that's not known by the fed cause they're to far out. Here's the cords."
Logan hands you a chip and you slide it into your wrist unit for keeping.
"Sounds good but Ill have to get back to you." You reply wondering if the crew agrees to a smuggling run.
"Alrighty then mate, talk it over with your crew, if it sounds good go see that guard posted by the docking ports and tell him to load you up," Logan walks off into the back talking to himself.

Head out onto the station and look for any other vendors and possibly factions we could sign up with and get long-term work from.
( 10 - Very Good) You leave the ship through the same airlock as the others. Following the signs to the tavern, a few lefts and rights and stop for a few directions. Your wrist units seem to be mapping the locations your crew has visited, a new trail is left behind as you walk. You arrive at the tavern and walk in, bar music plays as the robotic bar tender hands out drinks with multiple arms. You take a seat.
"Hey you from around here?" A man beside asks.
"Not really, our crew is out here looking for work, know of any?"
"Had a feeling about you. You came to the right place, names Aidan. I sell protection and I could use a ship for a contract."
"So your a contractor for mercenaries?"
"Bang on. Want a small one? Its hard to screw up, I'd send one of my ships except they're tied up with bigger things. It'll earn you some good credits and if you make a good impression you might be of use. Up for it?" He raises his eyebrow hoping for a yes.
"I'd say yes but I do need to talk it over with the crew."
"Alright, well let me know soon I need this handled."

Use my knowledge of weapons to choose a good weapon.
( 6+1 = 7 - Okay) You approach Logan's Armaments. Across the counter held behind a thin force-field is several weapons and all supplies for them. Many sit on racks with tags hanging from them.
Battered plasma rifle - 95c
Laser gun - 85c
Coil Assault Rifle missing some components - 100c
Energy blade - 50c
Plasma pistol - 60c
E.M.P gun - 85c
~Whatever you choose, you buy next turn for a free turn plus your actual turn~

attempt to buy some Weapon scraps *and talk to the locals about the sector*
( 7 - Okay) The rate for a box of scraps is 5c. It takes about 5 units for a big improvement and about 2 for a repair. You can buy any amount. Whatever you choose, you buy next turn for a free turn plus your actual turn.
( 10 - Very Good) Standing in line you begin to chat up a local pilot, having something in common you exchange words and you learn a ton about the sector and surrounding.
~Backstory and Setting~
The galaxy you are in had been at war for many centuries. Planets all over the galaxy knew that the only chance of peace was to band together, half chose Emperor Lyon and the other half chose a Republic in which every few planets of each sector has a representative to speak for them and their cause. The galaxy rotates around a black hole and consists of several billion planetary systems. The entire galaxy has been split in two, one half under one rule, the other half under another. They continuously feud believing that each one would be better off joining the other under their government. Currently they are at a neutral state with no trade or communication. The space between the sides is known as the neutral zone. The sector you are currently in is a defense sector, it's full of weapon defense platforms floating in space creating a virtual net. The core is where the largest amount of inhabited planets lay and population is very dense, most business revolves around the core. The edge refers to the planets which lay on the edge of the void between other galaxy's, they consist of rebels, planets under anarchy or just planets that want to have nothing to do with anything. The federation is the civilian police and contracted mercenaries of peace which are stationed on almost every planet under Lyon's ruling.

Go with Serious. Give him help if he wants or needs it. Else, look at the arms Logan has to offer.
( 7+1 = 8 - Pretty Good) You approach Logan's Armaments. Across the counter held behind a thin force-field is several weapons and all supplies for them. Many sit on racks with tags hanging from them.
Battered plasma rifle - 95c
Laser gun - 85c
Coil Assault Rifle missing some components - 100c
Energy blade - 50c
Plasma pistol - 60c
E.M.P gun - 85c
Stealth Unit - 100c
~Whatever you choose, you buy next turn for a free turn plus your actual turn~

~Players~
Spoiler: Jetsquirrel, Captain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sneevil, Pilot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: USEC, Weaponry Expert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Serious, Liaison (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flintus, Mechanic (click to show/hide)

~Ship~
Spoiler: Titan (click to show/hide)

P.S Thanks for the comments, oh and lets not do stuff which requires alot of writing :P I rather a few sentences for each and a paragraph for story or one persons turn, but don't let that stop your fun or plans, it just may not be extremely detailed.

P.P.S Oh and you guys should decide which job you would like to take or to pick another, so in your turn state which job to take. Ill count the votes and write accordingly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:38:38 pm by Immortal »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 11:15:23 pm »

Buy reserve part of the ship (small parts)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2010, 12:47:42 am »

USEC and Ochita are here looking at the weapons, so I go over to them and tell them about the smuggling job. It sounds dangerous, but risk brings reward, I've always found. I look over the weapons as well and ask them if I should get one. Maybe I can haggle the prices down as part of working for Logan... assuming everyone agrees to it.

(I'm going to be egomaniacal and vote for the smuggling job since I asked the guy about it. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 01:40:17 am »

I buy a plasma pistol. I also buy 9 units worth of scrap. The smuggling job sounds good. Don't know about the captain.We all know hes strict. Still you have my vote As my action I wander around looking for fetch quests that can be done this turn.
(Have to say the roll on what you can see is kinda bull. Just show us everything and depending on the roll, show general repair and power. Now there is a stealth unit but why dd I not see it?)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 01:43:06 am »

Now there is a stealth unit but why dd I not see it?)
Is very stealthy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10