Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding water in winter  (Read 841 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding water in winter
« on: September 06, 2010, 11:07:48 am »

My adventurer is getting thirsty and despite being in a town and surrounded by snow doesn't seem to have any way to get drinkable water.

I can't even try to drink some animal blood because she's "too full" from the camel lungs I also ate.

I'm aware you can get over hunger and thirst using fast-travel, but I don't want to leave this area yet.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
Re: Finding water in winter
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 11:22:03 am »

Get some snow in a container and light a fire. Should become water.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:26:49 am »

I've tried that before. For some reason I doesn't consider a waterskin or a backpack a "proper container" for snow, plus I'm not even sure if there's an option to "cook" or otherwise put an item to a heat source.

EDIT: Oh wait, you just move it directly into the container from the ground. I still don't know how to warm it up without lighting myself on fire, though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:31:01 am by Knigel »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 02:53:47 pm »

I've tried that before. For some reason I doesn't consider a waterskin or a backpack a "proper container" for snow, plus I'm not even sure if there's an option to "cook" or otherwise put an item to a heat source.

EDIT: Oh wait, you just move it directly into the container from the ground. I still don't know how to warm it up without lighting myself on fire, though.

You don't need a way, just light yourself up.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 08:14:04 pm »

OK, so I can just stand next to the fire, some place where pressing D tells me it's warm, and it will eventually melt.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 12:22:38 am »

Or you can collect virtually unlimited amounts of booze next time you raid ettins/giants. It never freezes. Dwarven rum got me through long mountain hikes.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 08:17:41 pm »

Or you can stop stuffing your (virtual) face with several units of food, just eat 1 food and 1 blood.
You'd have a hard time drinking if your stomach was about to explode.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »

^Well at that time I didn't know blood counted as food, not drink.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 08:48:07 pm »

Ah, whoops. I meant DRINK blood. A small slip of words on my part.