Plasma Weapons
- 14 (35.9%)
Stun Bomb/Small Launcher
- 9 (23.1%)
Grav Shield
- 13 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: Let's Play XCOM: UFO Defense!  (Read 79966 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play XCOM: UFO Defense!
« Reply #405 on: December 04, 2010, 07:40:16 pm »

Count me in.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 04, 2010, 08:56:08 pm »

Lock and load.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 04, 2010, 09:10:44 pm »

Meh. The whole "mind shield blocks psionics" thing is going to look silly if your base comes under attack by ethereals or sectoids... though you could say the aliens BLOW UP THEIR BATTLESHIP to create an EMP blast which knocks out the mindshield... or something. Explains why the Battleships disappear from existance during base defences.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 04, 2010, 09:24:19 pm »

Meh. The whole "mind shield blocks psionics" thing is going to look silly if your base comes under attack by ethereals or sectoids... though you could say the aliens BLOW UP THEIR BATTLESHIP to create an EMP blast which knocks out the mindshield... or something. Explains why the Battleships disappear from existance during base defences.

I always thought the battleship kamikazed itself into the base, which explains why the mission takes place inside the base and not on the surface. But if a base defense mission comes up I'll just write it as the Mind Shield being sabotaged or power failure or something. Besides, I wanted the Mind Shield to lead into Apocalypse's mind shield.

Anyway, anyone wants to take the small launcher? We have three more in storage, and more stun bombs than we'll ever need.

United Forenia Forever!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 04, 2010, 09:29:06 pm »

Are you planning to continue this LP into Apocalypse? I certainly hope you are. I remember I once created a challange set for Apocalypse, but I could never get anyone to accept it because of how impossibly hard it would be. I doubt you would want to either but... should you be looking for the single hardest game of Apocalypse you've ever played, I'll gladly tell you of it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 04, 2010, 09:55:47 pm »

Are you planning to continue this LP into Apocalypse? I certainly hope you are. I remember I once created a challange set for Apocalypse, but I could never get anyone to accept it because of how impossibly hard it would be. I doubt you would want to either but... should you be looking for the single hardest game of Apocalypse you've ever played, I'll gladly tell you of it.

I might continue this story into Apocalypse, depending on game events. Thing is, it's hard to fit TFTD into a rational story, because it doesn't really fit with the continuity of UFO Defense/Apocalypse. But I won't be taking any challenge sets, because the Apocalypse midgame (for me) is harder than the endgame, and the highest difficulty I beat Apocalypse on was on Medium.

United Forenia Forever!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 04, 2010, 09:59:08 pm »

I'll take a launcher under the assurance that The Poet will not be charging into groups of aliens alone, hoping to stun them before the reaction fire tears him apart.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 04, 2010, 09:59:17 pm »

Then don't do TFTD. Or make it non-canon. Or make some explanation up and beat the others with a stick untill they accept it as truth ( I particuarly like this last one.). But yeah, not doing the Apocalypse Renegade Challenge would be a very good idea even if you could breeze through the game on Superhuman, much less Medium.
No Gods, No Masters.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 04, 2010, 10:13:50 pm »

Just say TFTD was a second attempt made from aliens that were created by the genetic remnants of the last one, that or the Ultimate Alien or whatever was the mastermind in that game was the true form of the Alien Brain from UFO.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 05, 2010, 02:50:03 am »

Are there still spots for the base attack? If so, sign me up. Maybe this time Naomh will get a kill.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 05, 2010, 03:01:43 am »

Are there still spots for the base attack? If so, sign me up. Maybe this time Naomh will get a kill.

You'll be the eighth person, meaning there's still space for the tank. Update will likely be tomorrow of the day after.

United Forenia Forever!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 05, 2010, 03:26:55 pm »

Hey, no problem with sacrificing a new brother. Eventually one of them will do something good with his skin!

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 06, 2010, 07:10:24 am »

Could you give me the list of challenges for Apocalypse? I finished it on Superhuman, and it's still "fun and leisure" rather than "pain and suffering".

Of course, if you ban the use of Personal Shields, X-com Armor, Toxi-guns, Disrupters and personal teleporters, it becomes almost impossible, so I wouldn't take up that challenge...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 06, 2010, 03:57:09 pm »

Could you give me the list of challenges for Apocalypse? I finished it on Superhuman, and it's still "fun and leisure" rather than "pain and suffering".

Of course, if you ban the use of Personal Shields, X-com Armor, Toxi-guns, Disrupters and personal teleporters, it becomes almost impossible, so I wouldn't take up that challenge...
The challange I invented was:
Yeah, so, good luck with that.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 06, 2010, 07:11:29 pm »

Loving this thread... wish I would of checked out the PWYB forums sooner.

When the time comes and I know it might not... Feel free to throw me on the pile.

Name: Noa "Leth" Vander
Bio: Ex-military, combat medic and missed the mark by 3 points for her sniper training. When she got home after doing 2 tours she became a street cop. She got a few offers but chose the career that meant to most to her and her loved ones. X-Com operative.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38