Plasma Weapons
- 14 (35.9%)
Stun Bomb/Small Launcher
- 9 (23.1%)
Grav Shield
- 13 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: Let's Play XCOM: UFO Defense!  (Read 80023 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play XCOM: UFO Defense!
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2010, 10:00:52 am »

Hey, can I get a guy in here at some point?

Name: Shamus Pill
Age/Gender/Race/whatever: 28 year old white guy
Bio: Whiny British man incarnate, Shamus spends his time ranting in a squeaky voice, and is absolutely terrified of anything not born on this planet.
Preferred Weapons: Laser Rifle, so he never runs out of ammo to shoot those terrifying monsters.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2010, 10:43:37 am »

Did you have to make me sound like such a whiny bitch? :P I'm more the grumble under my breath, square my shoulders and get on with it type in real life.

I had the impression that being in tech support, Jake would be more irritable and likely to swear. But anyway, I'll tone it down a bit.

Hey, another torso wound! High score!

C-C-C-COMBO!

Hey, can I get a guy in here at some point?

Name: Shamus Pill
Age/Gender/Race/whatever: 28 year old white guy
Bio: Whiny British man incarnate, Shamus spends his time ranting in a squeaky voice, and is absolutely terrified of anything not born on this planet.
Preferred Weapons: Laser Rifle, so he never runs out of ammo to shoot those terrifying monsters.

Noted.

United Forenia Forever!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2010, 12:39:22 pm »

I had the impression that being in tech support, Jake would be more irritable and likely to swear.
That's distressingly accurate, actually, though I'm more the kind of guy who bottles it all up until it bursts out in one go. (I'm sure you could work that in when we start coming up against psionics.)
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2010, 12:55:34 pm »

I expect that moria will get into lots of fun concerning the aliens and Psi powers...

Quote from: Personal Armor Report by Moria Brown
Hey there! This is my report of how our personal armor works during missions. The mixture of titanium, tungusten and carbon has managed to make a soft yet durable armor. Hopefully we can somehow improve on the design. The shots that were taken by jake you could see intence burns, it seems to be very painful. Also that laser tank. Sooo slow. What I suggest is to improve the engine using the power source that the aliens do, although you need a scientist for that. I'm only a pretty good engineer.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2010, 06:02:45 pm »

Let's make this a game. 5 points for a torso or head wound, 3 for a limb wound.

The Poet - 10 points
Jake - 3 points

Am I missing anyone?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2010, 06:22:55 pm »

Yeah I got shot in the arm, do I get points?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2010, 06:35:09 pm »

About the psionics, should you not weed out the week minded Recruuit ? if they get to the domination part it could get bloody fast

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2010, 06:54:52 pm »

I also have a suggestion:
All units ranked higher than squaddie are to be used as Psionics Test Subjects, should the case happen when we have several rear commanders.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2010, 10:10:21 pm »

On the psionic side of things, the results from two months ahead were surprising, to say the least. I'll give you a hint, those who survived the Sectoid terror ship mission have pretty high Psi Strength, which explains why there wasn't any mind control. The ones with the highest and lowest Psi Strengths are both new recruits.

Anyway, speaking of tech support, I need some here. How do I record video in DOSbox that is 640 x 480 pixels, rather than 320 x 200 pixels?

United Forenia Forever!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2010, 10:31:44 pm »

Quote from: The Most Dangerous Game
Rules:
Head shots: 8 points
Torso shots: 5 points
Limb shots: 3 points

Players:
The Poet - 10 points
Jake - 3 points
Phantom - 3 points
What's your character's name? I'll keep a running tally.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2010, 10:33:47 pm »

On the psionic side of things, the results from two months ahead were surprising, to say the least. I'll give you a hint, those who survived the Sectoid terror ship mission have pretty high Psi Strength, which explains why there wasn't any mind control. The ones with the highest and lowest Psi Strengths are both new recruits.

Anyway, speaking of tech support, I need some here. How do I record video in DOSbox that is 640 x 480 pixels, rather than 320 x 200 pixels?

Oh, man, I hope I'm not the psionic weakling.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2010, 11:40:01 pm »

Man, I am sorry for any poor sap with low psionics that get's set on a mission near Ukraine.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2010, 02:25:06 am »

Oh, man, I hope I'm not the psionic weakling.
Ditto.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2010, 02:28:08 pm »

The babaganoush are a proud of their nuclear neighboor and hope it's proximity helped shield their mind .

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2010, 02:31:37 pm »

It would be so funny if I was the Psi strong...

Spoiler: Morias thoughts... (click to show/hide)

Whew. I'd hate to be an alien and hear all that.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38