Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Dorf With One Leg  (Read 1178 times)

MiserEnoch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The Dorf With One Leg
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:11:11 pm »

I've a dorf that took on a Hydra by itself, and had his leg snapped off for the trouble. Before said Hydra happily trundled into my elite crossbow dorfs and was torn into pieces by a hungry populace.

Said one-legged dorf is still sitting in the hospital, years later. Will it ever grab a crutch? Will it ever stop 'resting'? Or should I make a monument to his (soon to be) sacrifice involving magma and poems?

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dorf With One Leg
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:14:53 pm »

He'll never walk again, and for some reason (read: bug) doctor's can't give people crutches.  The best thing you can do is give him and epic death and a magnificent tomb.
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

MiserEnoch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 11:24:08 pm »

Drat. Magma tubin' it is. I'll fill his tomb with treasures untold, brought up from the depths of heck, and mount the totems made by the hydra's seven skulls as praise to his afterlife.

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:43:21 am »

Don't use magma if you want a corpse to put in a tomb, cuz' I'm pretty sure you need a corpse? Or does it work even with no body?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 01:49:52 am »

Don't use magma if you want a corpse to put in a tomb, cuz' I'm pretty sure you need a corpse? Or does it work even with no body?
I'm pretty sure it works without a corpse, as I've had drowned dwarves "Put" in coffins despite not having access to the bodies.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 01:55:41 am »

Maybe you could build him a giant tomb and just leave him in there. I mean, don't even seal it. Just dump him in a bed where the coffin would normally be. He isn't going anywhere.

MiserEnoch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 12:31:44 am »

I've dug through the developers notes a bit, but. Any word on when that bug'll be fixed?

I think I might just keep him in the hospital for now. If the bug fix is comming soon, it might be applied retroactively?

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 07:43:03 am »

Maybe you could build him a giant tomb and just leave him in there. I mean, don't even seal it. Just dump him in a bed where the coffin would normally be. He isn't going anywhere.
THIS, unless you really care if some feeding/watering labour goes to waste
Are the fortresses there for psychological reasons?  Are they trying to hold back entropy itself, rather than the goblin hordes?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 09:26:02 am »

There are serious bugs that have been known for months, and have not been fixed yet.  This is one of them.  I wouldn't hold my breath.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz