Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Amazing military performance  (Read 417 times)

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Amazing military performance
« on: September 05, 2010, 08:49:02 pm »

Ok, long story short:
- military composed of 10 axedorfs and 10 sworddorfs, all in steel (+ silk coat)
- involuntary breach of HFS (84 levels below surface) while looking for light blue stuff
- a legendary miner distracted the vanguard of the denizens, decapitating 2 of them before getting gangbanged
- in the meanwhile, the military disregarded my order to station at the top of the staircase descending to HFS to regroup: they started going down said stairway, one by one.

I expected Fun.

My casualties, in the end? 2 miners, 3 axedorfs, 2 sworddorfs.

Their casualties? 100.

Since they didn't seem inclined to come up to visit anymore, my dorfs just sealed their way in and went about business as usual.

P.S.: does is matter that the fort is called Anusbrains?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing military performance
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 08:51:59 pm »

HFS spawn seem to be weaker than they should be. I voluntarily breached the stuff, and my miners in no armor, and with copper picks for weapons, easily dispatched 5 or 6 of them.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing military performance
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 08:52:16 pm »

With a fortress name such as that, they knew they had nothing to lose. I think they wanted to die, but now they'll be known as Heroes from the Fortress of Anusbrains.