Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prisoner goes Berserk, release problems  (Read 799 times)

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prisoner goes Berserk, release problems
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:58:00 am »

I had a Mason get imprisoned and then go berserk due to the sentence being too long (he killed an animal).

I just tried out the new version and got sieged by a ton of unmounted goblins within the first season, which I'm okay with.

The problem is during the siege, somehow my berserked mason got out, then ran straight into another cage trap.

So I check the Justice screen and he's listed as "No Sentence Pending."  I decide to put him in my zoo all the way over near the magma where I'm trying to move.  After a while, the soldier in charge of his sentence starts spouting errors: "Bomrek Kalanaban, Elite Marksdwarf cancels Releasing Large Creature: Wrong justice state."

I set the cage to be removed, and then later put it back in my prison.  The errors come back.  Now I'm building a lever so that I can manually open the cage and get rid of my problem with the direct approach.

Thankfully, opening the cage with a lever and killing the berserk dwarf worked just fine.

[ November 18, 2006: Message edited by: Frugal ]

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoner goes Berserk, release problems
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 03:45:00 am »

I'm not sure if this is what happened with my berserker dwarf, but now an imprisoned mechanic is getting busted out of jail at regular intervals.  Dwarves are activating the "recover wounded" job, untying him, and putting him into a bed.

Pretty funny, actually.

[ November 18, 2006: Message edited by: Frugal ]

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoner goes Berserk, release problems
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »

Heh.  The poor guy, getting dragged back and forth across the fort must suck.  Maybe try building a bed right next to the chain?  Then he could be in bed and chained up at the same time.