Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I quite simply DONT get it.... hey you FEED THAT DAMN prisoner... hes dying...  (Read 900 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well my mayoer was an ... BUT i feel to attached to my little bugguers so i didnt save him from his life on the surface, LOng story short, he asked stuff i would never be able to make Crystal Glass Item, Slade item come... on...... i had 3 dwarf jailed, one of them is fine and got away after his time, but the 2 remaining had to stay MUCH MUCH longuer......

And... nobodies feeding NOR giving them water... I have about 10 idlers non-Stop all of them have everything off EXEPT feed patient.... yet they dont feed them....

They did feed gave water at least once since i have bucket just at the cage place..... Anybody know a way to *cheat* them out of starvation or dehydratation?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Forget about them, make the mayor die a horrible and very slow death for what he's done.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well look like ill do that...
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well look like ill do that...

No, don't kill him. But if he should coincidentally get into an unfortunate accident...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:08:47 am by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, there are a couple of things
-Do you have a pond or well where dwarfs can get the water? I guess so since I can decipher you've given wounded dwarfs water before. In any case, if it's an open hole with water in it, make sure that you've placed a zone with the "i" screen and "Water source" as it's directive.
-MAKE MOAR BUCKETS! Maybe your followers got confused or something. Give them more options and maybe they'll start doing the things they're supposed to do.
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

English isnt my first language but your reply just make me tought what if the bucket wasnt empty? Ill go take a look asap.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

assuming you have your prisoners on chains...

make a 1-square stockpile each for booze and for food in the area that the chained dwarf can reach, and set them to take frmo your main supply; a hauler will be along shortly to stock them, and then your inmates can feed themselves.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THAT is interesting didnt know chain would alow that :D

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh, yeah :)

I recall a thread or two talking about using that and putting nice things in your cells so that the prisoners have plenty of happy thoughts while in jail. :)  keeps them from tantruming or going insane and starting a prison riot.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile

Yhea it really works to make a food stockpile around your prisoners. In reality prisoners can do anything normal dwarfs do but they are limited in their movement. You might even be able to set up a workshop (one of those 1 tile workshops).
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yhea it really works to make a food stockpile around your prisoners. In reality prisoners can do anything normal dwarfs do but they are limited in their movement. You might even be able to set up a workshop (one of those 1 tile workshops).

:o

custom 1x1 mason shop, set your convicts to work breaking rocks (in to blocks)

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

assuming you have your prisoners on chains...

make a 1-square stockpile each for booze and for food in the area that the chained dwarf can reach, and set them to take frmo your main supply; a hauler will be along shortly to stock them, and then your inmates can feed themselves.

Remember to make the booze stockpile accept ONLY drinks (no lye or dragonfly ichor barrels), NO prepared food; the food one should ONLY accept prepared food so the prisoner is happier!

Of course if they're caged, then it's hopeless... You DO have some nice gold-studded platinum chains for the prison right? ;)