Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pearlash Goblet  (Read 694 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pearlash Goblet
« on: September 05, 2010, 04:02:46 am »

I seem to have produced a fair number of "Pearlash Goblets" at my magma Glass Furnace.  Is this a bug with the creation of certain objects out of clear glass?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pearlash Goblet
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 04:14:39 am »

Dunno, but I have a similar strange thing in my glassmakers furnace...coal goblets
I assume they are somehow some kind strange byproduct of my production of glass items
Pearlash goblets however I didnīt see any, although I also produced things out of clear glass
(only furniture however, no smaller items)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 04:56:27 am »

I've successfully produced clear-glass furniture and large items like that, so it seems like a bug with just smaller items.  It probably is just taking the first ingredient and assigning the material of the finished good to be that. 

So...pearlash goblets for Magma Glass Furnaces, and coal for normal ones?  Maybe it might also depend on the order the ingredients are gathered, so I guess I'd have to test this with a making a bunch of goblets in a regular glass furnace and see if they're all coke/charcoal or if I get some pearlash goblets too. (None of those seem good to drink out of though...)
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
his sooty foot he put."

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:31:25 am »

Glass goblets and vials can only be made from green glass, and even then you can only make them at a magma glass furnace - it's a known bug (the same bug, in fact, that was causing the "alchemy" with iron goblets being made of gold).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 06:42:52 pm »

Iron into gold?   :o

This I must try.  It is obviously just a simple matter of projecting the aspect of Sun onto Mars in this base metal.  Why did I never think of this?
"Urist had a little lamb
his sooty foot he put."

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 10:04:45 pm »

Iron into gold?   :o

This I must try.  It is obviously just a simple matter of projecting the aspect of Sun onto Mars in this base metal.  Why did I never think of this?

No, it's more complicated than that. You gotta get some ethylene glycol and fancy smelting in there to get gold.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".