Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equip individual armor/weapon..mark already equipped items  (Read 631 times)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Equip individual armor/weapon..mark already equipped items
« on: September 05, 2010, 02:47:32 am »

As the topic says:
At the moment, when you want to equip your soldiers with individual equipment,
all items of the type selected are shown (i.e. all weapons, all helmets...whatever you selected)
even those, already assigned to or equipped by other persons.

At the moment there is no way to distinguish equipped from unequipped items in this screen, so that it might well happen (and has happened to me), that you individually equip one dwarf with a weapon/armor and another dwarf to which this item originally was assigned loses this item from his inventory list (even if he already equipped and used it). All this happens woithout you getting informed.

Well, all in all this makes it almost impossible to really individually equip your military darves (especially if many of your items have the same quality level...if yor example you have 5  +steel battle axe+ you cannot distinguish one from another, especially as the list order in which equipment appears always is dependent of the distance from the individual dwarf, which you have selected).

So, what I would really like to see would color codes in the lists of the military equip-screen for armor already equipped/assigned to dwarves (for example red = item already equipped, blue = item already assigned, but not equipped yet) 

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Equip individual armor/weapon..mark already equipped items
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:24:43 pm »

to use the same color designation from the stock screen when you go in detail, white unused etc etc
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?