Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My site is inaccessable. Or is it?  (Read 919 times)

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
My site is inaccessable. Or is it?
« on: September 26, 2006, 06:07:00 pm »

quote:
A human caravan from Enilgil Eņasm has arrived.
Their wagons have bypassed your inaccessable site.

But they're coming in anyway. This is the first time I've ever built my trade depot inside the mountain.  I have an absolutely straight road going from the west edge of the map to the mountain entrance, and a smooth 3-tile-wide path going from the road to my depot, a couple screens over.

The only reason I can see for their objection is that on my indoor path, there are a couple brown spots of "Mud/Dirt", some of which have a young Tower Cap growing on it.  Is there a good way to remove juvenile trees?  I tried placing furniture on the space but the "Mud/Dirt" remains, and the tree eventually grows back.

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
Re: My site is inaccessable. Or is it?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 07:52:00 pm »

They'll still come in, but the wagons with the big stuff will stay behind.
Build bridges over tiles you can't detail.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:33:00 pm »

Awesome. I didn't know you could build bridges like that without it actually crossing something.  That helps out a lot.

Wahnsinniger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 09:44:00 pm »

I had that problem also. The way I fixed it was I built a single-tile channel on any of the problem squares. (no they don't fill up with water from the cave river overflowing). Now that I think about it, bridges would have been better though.

If you built your trade depot past the cave river, you run the risk of the human caravan not all reaching the trade depot before they leave, meaning you never get a chance to trade(happened to me).

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 12:24:00 am »

I remember using a single-tile bridge to finish  constructing a floodgate which was inaccessible due to an adjacent channel (or was it to attach the mechanism)?