Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Full vulcanism  (Read 1214 times)

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Full vulcanism
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:19:46 pm »

This may be better suited for worldgen cookbook, but they seem to be talking about more interesting things right now.

Anyway, I'm trying to make a 257x257 (Large) region with the maximum Minimal Vulc. I've tested the same on a pocket region and it gens just fine, but when i make the jump to a large region it wont gen. (volcanism rejection)

Any tips? I'm running low on patience and I'm currently on reject 16 thousand  :(

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
Re: Full vulcanism
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:23:46 pm »

I've only ever managed to gen one world with maximum Vulcanism. When I tried to play fort mode, none of the dwarves formed any attachments, and their mood was always at "quite content." The forts, of course, were guaranteed to live long and prosper.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:29:19 pm »

I've only ever managed to gen one world with maximum Vulcanism. When I tried to play fort mode, none of the dwarves formed any attachments, and their mood was always at "quite content." The forts, of course, were guaranteed to live long and prosper.
Brilliant. Although if you were trying to subtly correct some spelling, you failed, as vulcanism is valid.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:52:08 pm »

This may be better suited for worldgen cookbook, but they seem to be talking about more interesting things right now.

Anyway, I'm trying to make a 257x257 (Large) region with the maximum Minimal Vulc. I've tested the same on a pocket region and it gens just fine, but when i make the jump to a large region it wont gen. (volcanism rejection)

Any tips? I'm running low on patience and I'm currently on reject 16 thousand  :(

Rejections are the section down the bottom, you want to either paste "[VOLCANISM_RANGES:0:0:0]" over the following line in the world gen file, or set "Minimum Number of Low-Volcanism Squares" & "Minimum Number of Mid-Volcanism Squares" to Zero/Null (the bit I suggested pasting nullifies 'High-Volcanism' too).

Setting High-Volcanism to 66049 is probably contraindicated (I think it would try to make every tile a Volcano).

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:55:30 pm »

Setting High-Volcanism to 66049 is probably contraindicated (I think it would try to make every tile a Volcano).

Can volcanos spawn in a forrest? like say..next to an eleven retreat? If so, than that might be worth trying...

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 12:18:27 am »

Dunno. Haven't tried it. Good luck.

bdunwithat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 12:34:36 am »

Worked perfectly, there are volcanos everywhere, thanks :)

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 11:53:40 am »

Can volcanos spawn in a forrest? like say..next to an eleven retreat? If so, than that might be worth trying...
I've seen a volcano in a forest. Wasn't even any interesting elevation, either.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 05:54:27 pm »

The forts, of course, were guaranteed to live long and prosper :-*.
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!
_________
On topic:
The most volcanoes I've had was 10, and it wouldn't gen past that.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 06:04:09 pm »

Some of yall need to post world maps.
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 07:28:39 pm »

around rejection 2000 you will usually get a pop up where you can tell the world to gen no matter what. hint hint.

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 07:45:17 pm »

Congratulations, you've genned a world with max volcanism and therefore no sedimentary layers and no coal.
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 07:50:56 pm »

Congratulations, you've genned a world with max volcanism and therefore no sedimentary layers and no coal.
Who needs coal when you have all the volcanoes you can want!?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 08:03:34 pm »

Who needs coal when you have all the volcanoes you can want!?
If you don't want to make much steel, go for it. I'm okay with that kind of site; I tend to rely on elaborate mechanical traps anyway. But I've seen a lot of "Q: why can't I find a site with coal?!" "A: because you maxed volcanism in worldgen" threads in gameplay questions.
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 08:07:35 pm »

You sir, are hilarious.  New sig.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.