Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83647 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two
« Reply #1440 on: December 21, 2010, 06:58:29 pm »

You're seriously underestimating Armstrong here. Whatever Fullmetal Alchemist states, THIS:

is not an ordinary human! The guy is deceptively clever, for one: you're treating him like dumb muscle, he's going to go into the contest expecting an ambush or two. Ezio isn't going to find some drooling muscleman waiting for him; it's even within reason to believe that Armstrong would set a few traps of his own to fight off any would-be combatants. Even though bodybuilders tend to be weak in reality, Armstrong has proven himself to be exactly as strong as he looks. Combined with his spiked gauntlets, and speed, a single punch is all it would take to crush more than one of Ezio's ribs, which would likely make him weakened enough for Armstrong to finish the job.

At range, no problem either. All Armstrong needs access to is any form of stone or mineral, which he can then alchemize to use as high-speed artillery ammo. Ezio can't dodge a rock, he's going to have trouble avoiding the monster spikes and effigies of his opponent hurtling towards him.

Armstrong is also FAR more durable than you give him credit for. He's taken blunt force trauma capable of knocking most other people unconscious, if not killing them outright. The chance of getting a perfect headshot on Armstrong is highly unlikely, and it's more or less the only way to kill him before Armstrong starts countering. The foliage and cover provided by such a dense forest would make it nearly impossible to get in a shot to his vitals without Ezio getting closer, and revealing himself.

I come to the conclusion that a combination of the environment and skills of his opponent guarantee that Ezio cannot win this match.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: December 21, 2010, 07:37:52 pm »

The next time someone does this they will need to pick a smaller place, I suggest the Smithsonian...

It is difficult to get a clear perspective on the density of the forest, but I would expect a lot more than one or two leaves between a vantage point and a forested point.

Is Armstrong going to go out searching, or build a fortress, possibly underground?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 22, 2010, 12:51:10 am »

Armstrong doesn't even need any loose stone.
He can just punch the ground, and open a yawning gash to swallow Ezio/two slabs of earth closing on Ezio like a book/huge ground spikes/a magnificent statue of himself. With Ezio in the middle.

But personally, I don't think Armstrong is going to go for an outright killing blow on a human target.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: December 22, 2010, 02:08:51 am »

I think he would. He fought in a civil war, in which he needed to have killing attacks, and he knows that the only way off the island is to kill his enemy (or i guess make him surrender, but i am pretty sure that he is smart enough to know that that would be far more trouble then its worth). While he is a good guy, he isn't a pacifist or anything.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 22, 2010, 07:27:21 am »

Would Armstrong need to know where Ezio is to kill him first though? Ezio clearly has the advantage on finding Armstrong and then a second later Armstrong's' brain has been pierced by a bullet.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: December 22, 2010, 07:55:02 am »

2 seconds is the stated time between spotting and firing of weapon, the advantage in stealth is minute, and Armstrong does not need 2 seconds to figure out what a gun pointed towards him means and react accordingly.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 22, 2010, 07:58:16 am »

Remember, just because Ezio has seen Armstrong doesn't mean that Armstrong has seen Ezio. According to how thick you guys say the jungle is then a camouflaged Ezio should be near invisible whereas Armstrong is glowing gold in a black and grey world (I still think that Ezio should be able to see through the bushes and leaves and things).
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 22, 2010, 08:16:02 am »

Na, i am pretty sure that it is a all or nothing kind of a power. I think that ezio would be able to get the first attack, but i don't think that he would be able to get in the instakill needed to drop armstrong before he smashes him to pieces. And if ezio is careful, then he should be able to get off one ranged attack against armstrong before he notices, but i think the odds are quite good that armstrong would survive it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 22, 2010, 08:36:06 am »

Can we get some definite answers on what Armstrong can survive? Because a guy earlier said that a shot to the head will kill him.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: December 22, 2010, 09:58:26 am »

Can we get some definite answers on what Armstrong can survive? Because a guy earlier said that a shot to the head will kill him.

1. A direct shot with perfect precision to the head might kill Armstrong, we don't have a precedent. In fact, it probably would. My problem is this idea of yours that it's ever going to happen.
2. Armstrong definitely has a thicker head than normal, as his was smashed into a wall, and I mean smashed because it left a huge dent, and was dragged along that wall, leaving a trail of rubble, for about ten feet. Not only did he survive, he kept fighting like that hadn't even happened.
3. Eagle Vision does not let you see through objects. You can't even see through piles of straw, there is no way foliage this thick would let Ezio get a peek through. I cannot stress this enough, because you can't seem to understand that your ideal Eagle Vision is not the one Ezio even uses.
4. Even if Ezio does find Armstrong first, he's going to need to take whatever shot he can get, because the odds of getting closer to make the headshot without Armstrong noticing that someone's about to attack are slim to none.
5. Ezio has some conveniently green clothes, but that's hardly camouflage. He might be able to remain hidden until Armstrong figures out that somebody's in the area, then he'd be pretty easy to spot.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: December 22, 2010, 12:34:25 pm »

How "known" is Ezio in his world?
Would "normal" people be able to find out what equipment he uses?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 22, 2010, 12:38:39 pm »

How "known" is Ezio in his world?
Would "normal" people be able to find out what equipment he uses?

Well, that depends. Guns are well known and used by the time of Brotherhood, a hidden blade might as well be a knife as far as knowing about it is concerned, and any retard knows what a crossbow and robes are.

As far as how known, going by game mechanics alone everyone in Italy's passed at least one poster of the guy. He's known as a highly dangerous target, at the very least. And anyone that even indirectly works for the Templar's probably got the guy's kill list, which is extensive to say the least.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 22, 2010, 01:38:30 pm »

What CJ said isn't entirely accurate, although he is known to everybody as a master assassin few know what he looks like and what weapons he uses. His sword is probably the most well known weapon he uses as people hardly ever see him use any other weapon. I mean, think about it, how often is it that you actually see any of Ezio's weapons excluding the crossbow and the sword).

Also you keep saying the Ezio won't get the shot at Armstrong and I wonder why, all the odds are stacked in Ezio's favour (camouflage, eagle vision, 100% accuracy, general sneakiness, large target, etc.).
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 22, 2010, 01:53:08 pm »

What CJ said isn't entirely accurate, although he is known to everybody as a master assassin few know what he looks like and what weapons he uses. His sword is probably the most well known weapon he uses as people hardly ever see him use any other weapon. I mean, think about it, how often is it that you actually see any of Ezio's weapons excluding the crossbow and the sword).

Also you keep saying the Ezio won't get the shot at Armstrong and I wonder why, all the odds are stacked in Ezio's favour (camouflage, eagle vision, 100% accuracy, general sneakiness, large target, etc.).

Have you ever bothered to look at the wanted poster? It gives a pretty clear picture of the guy. And there were dozens of witnesses to the first time he used the gun, so that's no excuse. The others are just reasonable guesses that a Master Assassin would have. Oh, and most people know his name is Ezio Auditore, I might as well mention, since he made a public declaration of it after killing his first target. So they'd know what robes go with what name, so your "not many people know what he looks like" argument is bull. If anyone felt like looking they could get a fairly accurate description of him.

As for the gun, 100% accuracy in Assassin's Creed is a necessary game mechanic so you don't waste bullets repeatedly, as it's become very annoying. In this game, it becomes a game breaker. No real character can increase his odds of hitting just by holding the gun out longer, especially if the target is moving. Therefore, the odds of him actually hitting Armstrong while standing still in a thick jungle go way down. He's have to follow Armstrong, and risk giving himself away.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 22, 2010, 01:58:23 pm »

I'm just going to ask, how long has Ezio been using this gun?
If he's been training for years, than the 100% accuracy think is a little more believable.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98