Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83670 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two
« Reply #1425 on: December 20, 2010, 07:06:14 pm »

Hehe, I never thought of that. In ACII it is used by La Volpe to see through walls.

La Volpe's some crazy guy though, my question is, can Ezio do it?

EDIT: After checking, Eagle Vision definitely does NOT let you see through walls.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:14:55 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 21, 2010, 05:31:17 am »

Ezio might not be able to do it to the extent where he can see through solid walls, but I'd expect that he can see through jungle foliage.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 21, 2010, 06:35:40 am »

why would a wall be less of an obstruction than several tree trunks?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 21, 2010, 07:12:23 am »

This is a forest he's looking through, not a palisade. He's be looking for a glimpse of him through the bushes, leaves and branches. Once Ezio's found Armstrong without being detected himself he's won.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 21, 2010, 09:38:41 am »

Please, that's a horrible excuse. This isn't the Animus, so there's no "Target Located" blip to alert him that he's looking at Armstrong. A gold shimmer about the side of a finger more than twenty feet away is definitely not enough to catch his attention.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 21, 2010, 11:06:55 am »

You'd be surprised how much a bright gold light shows up when everything is black/grey.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 21, 2010, 11:52:34 am »

Of course, when the bright gold light is extremely small, and partially obscured by a leaf, Ezio's probably not going to notice it. Even if he does, he's close enough that any sudden movements would be heard by Armstrong, and might tip him off.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 21, 2010, 01:11:42 pm »

Of course, it probably wouldn't be obscured by a leaf, because of the 'see through walls' thing. Even if Ezio can't use it to the extent that La Volpe can it's understandable that he would have a less developed version of it.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 21, 2010, 01:45:11 pm »

I am of the opinion that Eagle Vision would help Ezio find Armstrong, but then what?
How good of a marksman is Ezio?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 21, 2010, 01:55:14 pm »

Well, with the gun it takes about 1-2 seconds to get a 100% accuracy (which is what I think he would use) and with the crossbow it's near instant (maybe 0.3 seconds, but in this case it may not be lethal even though it is in the game); funnily enough there's no difference between pulling the crossbow off of your back to aim and aiming with it already in your hands, it takes just as long to get 100% accuracy.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 21, 2010, 02:02:23 pm »

Of course, it probably wouldn't be obscured by a leaf, because of the 'see through walls' thing. Even if Ezio can't use it to the extent that La Volpe can it's understandable that he would have a less developed version of it.

But it CAN'T see through walls. That is not a valid argument, as it is shown in gameplay that seeing through walls is not possible.

The thing about the gun is it has a very short effective range, the first time you assassinate a major target with it you're within twenty feet before you can shoot, a measurement I keep bringing up. The crossbow has better range, but as a side effect it takes nearly as long to reload for less guaranteed damage, and the bolt would pretty much tell Armstrong where Ezio is, causing the fastest and most brutally ended chase scene of all time.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 21, 2010, 02:27:17 pm »

Ezio waits in trees after making white robes not-white --> Armstrong passes below --> Ezio kills him by dropping down on him from above and ouncturing something vital with the Hidden Blade.

Just sayin'.

And before you people say, "Ezio wouldn't think to camouflage himself!!!1!one!", take a breather and remember that while Ezio generally operates in cities, he's not STUPID. He'd at least attempt to camouflage himself - it may not be very good, but he'd at least TRY.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 21, 2010, 02:33:57 pm »

Ezio waits in trees after making white robes not-white --> Armstrong passes below --> Ezio kills him by dropping down on him from above and ouncturing something vital with the Hidden Blade.

Just sayin'.

And before you people say, "Ezio wouldn't think to camouflage himself!!!1!one!", take a breather and remember that while Ezio generally operates in cities, he's not STUPID. He'd at least attempt to camouflage himself - it may not be very good, but he'd at least TRY.

I like that you're trying, honest, but we've been over the tree thing. By the time Ezio actually saw Armstrong heading his way he wouldn't have the time to sneak up the tree unnoticed. And if he just waits in a tree there's a good chance he'd never see Armstrong at all. And none of the dyes Ezio has available are THAT good for actual camouflage. The Renaissance was a time of frivolity, not gritty brown and gray commando patterns.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 21, 2010, 02:48:03 pm »

I think that Ezio would have at least semi-effective camouflage, but the tree thing makes sense.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 21, 2010, 06:46:51 pm »

I just personally don't see a scenario where Armstrong can win that doesn't involve Ezio being monumentally stupid. Armstrong can only win if he sees Ezio first (and as such avoids being shot) and manages to catch Ezio to get in to close combat. Firstly, Ezio has a major advantage when looking for Armstrong, not only is he more quiet but even a small glimpse of Armstrong (and possibly seeing him through a thin thing such as foliage (Note: must try this out in the game and see if Ezio can see through foliage because it happens so rarely in the game that I've never noticed) he can kill him within a second or so.

On the camouflage topic: Ezio does indeed have the right colours for camouflage, there are two sets of dyes that would work extremely well and I see no reason for him not to use them.

Finally, I've come to the conclusion that Ezio would have no need to climb a tree, he can kill Armstrong there and then.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98