Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83679 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two
« Reply #1410 on: December 20, 2010, 05:46:12 am »

Okay then, here's a little scenario that I just thought up: Ezio climbs the mountain and uses eagle vision to spot Armstrong. Ezio then looks for the nearest freshwater lake to Armstrong and goes and hides in a tree/bush there, waiting for his foe. Armstrong eventually comes for a drink and is shot by Ezio.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 20, 2010, 06:04:28 am »

Looking at the island I don't see any lakes, and streams are probably fairly numerous and don't really have an ideal point to stop at... Does Eagle vision see through tree canopies?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 20, 2010, 08:23:02 am »

Does Eagle vision see through tree canopies?

It most certainly does not. This whole scenario:

Okay then, here's a little scenario that I just thought up: Ezio climbs the mountain and uses eagle vision to spot Armstrong. Ezio then looks for the nearest freshwater lake to Armstrong and goes and hides in a tree/bush there, waiting for his foe. Armstrong eventually comes for a drink and is shot by Ezio.

Fails for several reasons: That one, the assumption there's only one lake (unless I'm wrong), the idea that Armstrong wouldn't be expecting an ambush at such a vital place, and the fact that waiting like that could take days, if not weeks, and Ezio himself isn't much of a forager from what I've seen.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 20, 2010, 11:33:17 am »

So you're relying on Ezio and Armstrong never meeting up and one of them dying of starvation because he's not a forager? Doesn't that defeat the whole point of a fight to the death?

New game just announced: Forage to the Death!
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 20, 2010, 11:53:17 am »

At first, I was sure that Ezio would win this fight, but this discussion has brought me over to the side of Armstrong.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 20, 2010, 12:38:34 pm »

So you're relying on Ezio and Armstrong never meeting up and one of them dying of starvation because he's not a forager? Doesn't that defeat the whole point of a fight to the death?

New game just announced: Forage to the Death!

Your whole strategy relies on Ezio camping on a fairly large island, and hoping that Armstrong comes within about 20 feet while Ezio is awake and alert, and in a position to strike without being seen. The odds of that situation occurring are colossally low.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 20, 2010, 01:26:19 pm »

I'm just saying that Ezio has the advantage in terms of finding the enemy due to his eagle vision, and as a result of that Ezio can shoot Armstrong before he knows that Ezio is there.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 20, 2010, 01:30:46 pm »

But to do that, Ezio would have to spot Armstrong through the thick forest, which is ridiculously limiting to range. And then he'd have to sneak up without being heard (unlikely in what appears to be a fairly lifeless jungle island) to make the shot. And THEN there's not a guarantee to kill, though it'd be a severe wound at the very least.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 20, 2010, 02:36:12 pm »

Honestly, that shouldn't be a problem for Ezio. Although I disagree on the lifeless part, it looks fairly active to me.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 20, 2010, 02:37:32 pm »

We'd need some word of god on how active any wildlife present is. And you're not really understanding, that a jungle so thick would be very hard to see long distances through. It's frankly plausible that Armstrong could sneak up on Ezio as easily as the other way around.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 20, 2010, 03:13:50 pm »

We'd need some word of god on how active any wildlife present is. And you're not really understanding, that a jungle so thick would be very hard to see long distances through. It's frankly plausible that Armstrong could sneak up on Ezio as easily as the other way around.
I agree with the "hard to see long distances" part, but I still think that Ecio has a slight advantage in finding Armstrong before Armstrong finds him.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 20, 2010, 05:57:02 pm »

But Ezio needs to attack Armstrong, which apparently takes a while to aim, before Armstrong can detect Ezio. Hiding up a tree or in some bushes is not practical, it makes too much noise. So we are left with ducking behind a tree and hoping not to make much noise, or immediately raising a gun and taking the time to make certain that it will be a fatal wound.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 20, 2010, 06:14:37 pm »

Checking the assassins creed wiki, apparently eagle vision can get the power to see through walls (and it makes enemies red, so it would be easy too see him), so i think it could see through the canopy. As much as i would like armstrong to win, and as much as i think he would win if it came down to a fight, ezio would get the first attack for sure.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 20, 2010, 06:40:05 pm »

Checking the assassins creed wiki, apparently eagle vision can get the power to see through walls (and it makes enemies red, so it would be easy too see him), so i think it could see through the canopy. As much as i would like armstrong to win, and as much as i think he would win if it came down to a fight, ezio would get the first attack for sure.

I'm gonna have to go back and replay the games, because I'm pretty damn sure Eagle Vision doesn't let you do that.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 20, 2010, 06:45:08 pm »

Hehe, I never thought of that. In ACII it is used by La Volpe to see through walls.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 98