Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83756 times)

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two
« Reply #1305 on: December 06, 2010, 05:56:26 pm »

Strelok deals with utterly unusual and unexpected occurrences on a daily basis, has excellent physical and mental capabilities, an outstanding ability with modern firearms and grenades, and several metric fucktons of experience with creatures, people, organisations and supernatural powers trying to kill him.

I have no idea what the other one is, but my vote is for Strelok.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 06, 2010, 07:13:49 pm »

Kikaider, as far as I can tell, is a robot that is faster than a speeding bullet, can leap tall buildings in a single bound, and is more powerful than a locomotive...

Kikaider runs at Strelok, Strelok shoots Kikaider with an automatic rifle, Kikaider's fist protrudes from the back of strelok's head moments before Strelok's body is segmented by some sort of lasers.

Unless I am missing something, I would like To renew calls for Kikaider to be disqualified under the 'could beat superman in a fair fight' clause.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 06, 2010, 07:25:16 pm »

If he wasn't overpowered in round 1, why would he be overpowered in round 2?

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 06, 2010, 07:43:58 pm »

If that thing beat ozymandias, it's OP.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 06, 2010, 09:59:34 pm »

He wasn't OP last round because he was against OZYMANDIAS. Kinda hard to get more broken than that. though apparently it happened. If you can convince me he can kill everything else in the tournament even with limiters, than i'll remove him.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 06, 2010, 10:11:19 pm »

He wasn't OP last round because he was against OZYMANDIAS. Kinda hard to get more broken than that.
I'm a bit confused.
Are you suggesting that Ozymandias was overpowered? Because he's just a normal man with incredible reflexes, intelligence, and strength.

Although, if you really think someone is overpowered, I won't argue too much. You're the decider.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 06, 2010, 10:12:43 pm »

If I remember, Strelok has been known to survive a Gauss Rifle shot, which seems to be able to kill even the Exoskeleton or the Pseudogiant in one shot.

And, to my information, it does not feel like Kikaider has an advantage here in the Jungle, so Strelok can possibly get the first shot. The SEVA's 2nd Generation NV Goggles should help him set up an ambush with a nice looking SVD. Artifacts such as the Compass (Clear Sky edition, closest possible to SHoC.) would help him run quite a long time, or speed him up to the degree of a guy on a motorcycle.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 07, 2010, 12:11:38 am »

Spoiler: Kikaida (click to show/hide)
Awesome, but not invincible. Shall I prove that he can be beaten by any contestant or just those still alive? Pending an answer, have some old discussion.

Well, we've established how strong he can be, but that doesn't explain what it takes to kill him.
You either have to break his spirit (surprisingly easy for a superhero) or break him. It's been partially done before, so if he was against someone of great strength, it could be done. The only problem with this fight is that his opponent is merely human. A powerful human, but just a human.

Examples of who else on this list could possibly beat him and how -

The GDI Disc Thrower - Large explosives.
Sauron - Maybe an even match in melee combat
Static - LIIIIIGHTNING
Duncan Idaho - Shield
Alien - Acid Blood (Orange Ant had some success with melting some of Kikaida's components.)
I'm not saying that that's the only way to beat him, I'm saying that's the only way he's been defeated. The only other things that have been used on him are acid (from Orange Ant) and physical strength. (26 other D.A.R.K. Destructoids)

Also, he has an extreme weakness to professor Gil's flute playing. It stops him in his tracks every time.

Kikadia, however, does not seem to have any abilities which are easily seperated and removed from the rest to make it acceptably powerful. I am therefore asking for possible ways to accomplish this.
Well, you could remove his ability to fly, because he doesn't only really uses it while transforming into Kikaida. (instead of being Jiro, the guitar playing denim-clad road warrior.)
Alternatively, you could limit his strength to something he has actually used, instead of how strong he can possibly prove himself to be. The most extreme feat of strength he's pulled off is picking up a train off of its tracks, though it was calculated (by his creator) that he could pick up a skyscraper. (He never did, though.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 07, 2010, 03:02:42 am »

Didn't someone say that Kikaida could run at over 1000 kph?

Would a modern hand-held rifle with armour-piercing ammunition do any damage to Kikaida?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: December 07, 2010, 09:20:58 am »

No, but he can run fast enough to remain within sight of a motorcycle that is going 300 kph. I'd guess about 250 top speed, though he doesn't keep it up for long.

Armor-piercing ammunition may do something to him, but it sure wouldn't kill him instantly. You'd have to inflict a lot of damage. (You can't very well break his bones or make him bleed out. Well, you could break his limbs with enough bullets I guess.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 07, 2010, 11:42:56 am »

I reckon that Kikaida is OP. The posts here speak for themselves: Runs at 250kph, can pick up a skyscraper, doesn't bleed or take any real damage and according to one of the posts he can even shoot lasery things. If that aint OP then nothing is.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: December 07, 2010, 06:37:07 pm »

I think we are limiting it to picking up trains...

As for the lasers, I do not recall the exact list, but Kikaider has various named moved that have different effects, the one I remember produces a directed E.M.P. effect...
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 07, 2010, 11:10:50 pm »

I reckon that Kikaida is OP. The posts here speak for themselves: Runs at 250kph, can pick up a skyscraper, doesn't bleed or take any real damage and according to one of the posts he can even shoot lasery things. If that aint OP then nothing is.
250 kph - There are beings in this competition this competition that can teleport. That is infinitely fast in comparison to Kikaida.

Pick up a skyscraper - I'd say we limit it to what he's actually done, the most ready example being when he stopped a train from moving. Sauron could do that. Ozymandias could probably do that. Mudkip could do that. Alex Louis Armstrong could do that. and Static might be able to do that.

Doesn't bleed - Youmu, possibly Sauron. This doesn't really effect anything though.

Doesn't take any real damage - Says who? He very clearly loses some fights. He can be beaten, just not by mooks.

Lasers - Are you saying that ranged attacks are OP? What about that one teleporting guy with the lightning? What about Static and his lightning? What about all of those gun-toting maniacs? The Naga's magic? Mr. Miyagi's thousand yard stare?

I'll tell you what's overpowered. Strelok. Strelok has bullets that can kill most mortals in two or fewer well placed shots. Strelok is immune (usually) to psychic attacks. Strelok can venture inside the Sarcophagus at Chernobyl without getting cancer.

Instead of trying to disqualify the already accepted combatants, how about we talk about who would win in a fight to the death. (Or deactivation, as it may be.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 08, 2010, 02:04:53 am »

Strelok knows he's either fighting Roland, Static, Razor, an Alien, Youmu, a Naga, Senri, John, Sauron, Zedd, The Punisher, Eddie, Kikaida, Armstrong, or Ezio.

He knows three days worth of civilian research on them.

What would he bring?

(I know pretty much nothing about either of these guys, except one is a superpowerful robot, the other a magic-relic-enhanced supersolder.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: December 08, 2010, 03:46:48 am »

Agents are likely to be electricity and acid. Surprise attacks are likely to be bullets, blades, or claws. A protracted battle is likely to involve crushing weapons.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 98