Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83761 times)

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two
« Reply #1290 on: December 01, 2010, 08:15:41 pm »

Of course he would. Eddie is a Jack Black role. Jack Black exists. The punisher does not. This gives Eddie an insurmountable advantage.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 01, 2010, 08:17:33 pm »

Allow, for the sake of debate, that the punisher exists.
USE REAL LOGIC XARNDAMNIT
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 01, 2010, 08:23:21 pm »

But troll logic is much more fun.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 01, 2010, 08:26:58 pm »

Heavy metal is godly may be a fairly accurate description of Eddie's power.

Lets think about this, P walks in carrying a heavy bag. If it was me I would probably carry some sort of antitank sniper rifle(4 rounds), a machine-pistol(60 rounds), a pair of heavy pistols(20 rounds), maybe 5 stun grenades, 2 incendiary grenades, and a remote-detonated high explosive. The bag could contain spare ammunition and traps, probably land mines. There would also be various detection equipment and supplies. I would look for a sniper position, something with good visibility but not obvious. I would mine the area, hide the bag, and watch for the opponent. If the rifle doesn't work I would leave it behind. When they get close I would toss the bomb somewhere I could remember and switch to the stun grenades and machine-pistol. If the pistol is ineffective I switch to the heavy pistol, if it looks disabled in any way I shoot it a few times with a heavy pistol and lob an incendiary, then recover the bomb for good-measure. If nothing seems to work I would try to lure it back to the bomb...

Eddie will probably fly low, searching for an opponent, at which point he would manufacture lightning and then close in for melee after having some fun with that.

Flight will render mines ineffective, a point-defence device would be beyond the scope of the tournament, the rifle may be a deciding factor, depending upon the ability to hit a moving target, grenades would be difficult to use against an airborne target. I would say that the first attack would be some sort of rifle against Eddie, then lightning against the Punisher, then heavy pistols against Eddie, then axe against the Punisher, then fire and/or high-explosives against Eddie, then more axe work and pistols.

I am not really familiar with these characters, so I can't give accurate specifics...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: December 01, 2010, 08:37:25 pm »

Just so we all know, Eddie cannot use his guitar for lightning and fly at the same time.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: December 01, 2010, 08:42:21 pm »

How about some burst eardrums? How about the sheer heartrending power of HEAVY METAL?!
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: December 01, 2010, 08:46:22 pm »

He doesn't have any of his solos, so no Facemelter.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: December 01, 2010, 08:52:54 pm »

My memory is a little bad, this was decided in his last fight, correct?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: December 01, 2010, 08:59:24 pm »

My memory is a little bad, this was decided in his last fight, correct?
It was. And Khan, if you're just going to spam please just leave, we don't need someone acting like this here.

Another thing that should be taken into account is that Eddie isn't stupid. He's just a roadie, for all that entails, but he's still pretty clever. He can regenerate health quickly, but the timer is reset if he gets hit again. The question is, how easy is it for him to take cover in this jungle? I'd say pretty easy indeed when up against a grounded foe, but rifles and such make it hard to tell.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 01, 2010, 09:54:56 pm »

I assume that a thick canopy would make landing/taking off harder for Eddie, but it would also obscure the Punisher's line of sight, especially if Eddie is flying quickly.

EDIT: Hello? Where did everybody go?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:52:03 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: December 06, 2010, 04:42:32 pm »

Bumpity bump, just trying to keep this thread alive. Anyway, I have no knowledge of either of the combatants and so cannot effectively come to a conclusion as to which one should win.

On a slightly related note I'm assuming that Ezio is not allowed any PoEs. This is because in Project Legacy it is revealed that there is a cloak that makes the person who puts it on vomit up their insides, breaks all the bones in their body and causes various other side effects (including blindness and similar).
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 06, 2010, 04:52:08 pm »

Eddie is a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
who can fly, wield duel axes (one is the sharp kind, the other an instrament), and call down lightning.

The Punisher is a war vet with a gratuitous amount of firepower.

As I said before, I'd really love Eddie to win, but I don't think he could take the Punisher in this situation.
Just my opinion.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 06, 2010, 05:10:58 pm »

'scuse me? The supernatural always beats the profane, since it disproves the underlying assumptions that ensure the profane's functionality.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 06, 2010, 05:34:39 pm »

Hmm...
Eddie has the edge, if only barely, so I'll have to give him the win. However...
WORKING ON TURNPOST

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 06, 2010, 05:46:58 pm »

Punisher manages to get the drop on Riggs, and hits him with a round to the shoulder. This doesn't stop him from killing him with his Axe in the other hand.
Eddie Wins!
RRRROUND TWO, Bracket Seven!
Kikaider (If you know a good image, PM me the URL)
VERSUS

Strelok
Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Injuries (click to show/hide)
Lets Rock!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 98