Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83901 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two
« Reply #1185 on: November 20, 2010, 09:02:27 pm »

As much as I'd like to continue this, the discussion isn't actually leading anywhere. Next fight!

Winner: John Egbert

In a close battle, John Egbert wins. Senri ambushes John, but John leaps back and hits Senri with his hammer, dodging out of reach every time Senri attempts a bear-claw attack.

NOTE: I don't think I can allow a time-stopping hammer, so I'll change the wording of it's ability slightly. Instead of slowing down time, it just doesn't take as much time to swing. Therefore enemies can still use their abilities, and a single hit won't end a fight.

Next match:Dark Lord Sauron VS Lord Zedd

Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)

May the battle begin!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 20, 2010, 09:56:38 pm »

I'm kind of familiar with Sauron, but what can Zedd do?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 20, 2010, 11:46:19 pm »

Zedd can summon giant animals, and other stuff that would almost certainly gain him the win.
On the flip side, most of the stuff he can do (like summon giant animals), is crazy overpowered for this competition, so he won't be able to use it.

All i know about him is, a) he can fight a power ranger 1 on 1 and nearly win, we was kicking his ass till power ranger broke his staff (apparently, didn't actually watch it at the time) (in mecha? dunno) and b) he can turn normal animals into giant evil animals
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 20, 2010, 11:49:50 pm »

Are the animals given boosted intelligence/loyalty to him, or do they just do whatever?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 20, 2010, 11:52:48 pm »

They work for him (don't think they got boosted intelligence, but he might be able to control them?), and i think they can fight 1 on 1 with a power ranger mecha (or with all the power rangers(?)), but they obviously lose, its way to powerful a ability, as they could just fall on anybody and beat them.

EDIT: so he could turn a snake or something into a enemy that could beat almost everyone in the competition without doing anything really himself, then if it loses create another.

EDIT2: From wikipedia:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So he has to power to teleport, telescopic vision, and is capable of generating electric attacks in addition to making animals larger and good physical fighting skills.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:14:27 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 21, 2010, 01:14:04 am »

So he can teleport, summon animals, and fight with the approximate abilities of Spider-Man.

Congratulations, you could beat just about anybody BUT Sauron. I doubt Zedd's strong enough to actually toss Sauron around with his attacks, possibly not even making him flinch. That would leave him open to mace strikes, but he could teleport away from from that. But then you have to remember that while he was presented as slow and cumbersome in the movies he's still a supernatural entity fully capable of wiping out entire armies. He was only defeated by a foolish warrior wielding a magic sword, and even then not permanently. He's like if Aku stopped toying around and got straight to the world-ending stuff.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 21, 2010, 01:34:51 am »

I'll try to keep my neutrality on this one, but if I can't, I'll have someone else judge. (I submitted Sauron.)

I don't think there is a single animal that Zedd could realistically summon that could avoid being mace'd, but maybe an elephant. Though that might break the 'two combatants only' rule.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 21, 2010, 01:45:57 am »

I think that pets were disqualified in the previous round, but teleportation and electric bolts are a pretty powerful combination. Is there any limits to these abilities?

I think that Sauron would win in close-range. A mace-blow would be serious and I doubt the armour will break easily. Bear in mind that the sword that cut through the armour was magical and that the ring is discounted as a form of immortality, so the armour is probably as strong as it looks and loosing a finger won't be fatal...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 21, 2010, 02:08:28 am »

Aye, Sauron definitely wins in the armor department. Thick metal plates beat out red leather with some chrome crossbars.

Spoiler: Sauron's Armor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lord Zedd's Armor (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Battle of the pointy-head thingies!
« Reply #1194 on: November 21, 2010, 02:29:15 am »

Is that red leather or naked Zedd flesh?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 21, 2010, 02:33:13 am »

How could sauron even engage? he's pretty slow, while zed has energy attacks from long range + teleportation

And if a 10000 pound animal fell on sauron, it would kill him pretty easily, even though he is pretty badass. And i don't think that sauron could 1 hit ko one of the animals, since i think they could fight mecha (i believe), without that much trouble.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 21, 2010, 02:41:01 am »

a 10000 pound animal fell on sauron, it would kill him pretty easily, even though he is pretty badass. And i don't think that sauron could 1 hit ko one of the animals, since i think they could fight mecha (i believe), without that much trouble.
::)
I think that pets were disqualified in the previous round,
that might break the 'two combatants only' rule.
  • ONE CHARACTER ONLY.  Mounts of the same caliber as a warhorse are allowed, if good reason is given. 

Sauron's actually not all that slow, he just didn't move much in the movie because he had to wade through a few thousand troops. Besides, he's got some magic of his own. I'm not sure if teleportation is included, but I can check what type of magicks were used in Middle Earth and whether or not he would have them.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 21, 2010, 02:44:03 am »

There are no animals, that would be a breach of the 'only one combatant' rule, as is the ruling from the previous round.

And I asked for limits on teleportation and lightning. Unrestricted teleportation would be dangerously close to invulnerability, as someone would pretty much need to be able to predict their opponent perfectly in order to attack. If there were maybe some timing constraints or power limitations, or even a limit on range then there would be something to work with...
Read the First Post!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 21, 2010, 02:50:52 am »

There are no animals, that would be a breach of the 'only one combatant' rule, as is the ruling from the previous round.

And I asked for limits on teleportation and lightning. Unrestricted teleportation would be dangerously close to invulnerability, as someone would pretty much need to be able to predict their opponent perfectly in order to attack. If there were maybe some timing constraints or power limitations, or even a limit on range then there would be something to work with...
No restriction on lightning, because static had as much of it as he could use. BUT i don't know how it works for zedd, i think it has a casting time

I'm fairly sure that their is a casting time, but i don't think its long enough to allow sauron to engage

The only power that i know sauron has that would be applicable to this would be shapeshifting (i think), i don't know what other ones he has

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 21, 2010, 07:00:34 am »

Does Sauron need to eat, drink, breath, or age? Sea water should be fairly effective at dissipating electricity to manageable levels, may cause rusting though...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 98