Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83898 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two
« Reply #1170 on: November 18, 2010, 07:26:02 pm »

Should we let John have the jetpack?

I think if we give him the jetpack, he should only have one hammer, to avoid being too powerful.
But that's just my opinion.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 18, 2010, 07:36:04 pm »

We let razor have a jetpack AND: Explosive mini-missiles, Mini-octopus missiles, Mini-bola missiles, Mini-turboblades, Mini cement launchers, Mini-Tarpedos, helmets with oxegen masks and visors, paraglider, grappling claw and winch, a mini-crossbow for special grenades, a cutting torch, a circular saw, a sheild. AND people said he would bring (although these were disputed) a EVA suit, a suit of full body armor, a motion sensor and heat sensor that acted like radar.

And your saying that john shouldn't have 3 peices of equipment, one of which razor had. Also, like 10 other people (exaggeration i know), also have the ability to fly, so its not really unfair for john to have it at all.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:38:44 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 18, 2010, 08:43:32 pm »

Which hammer does John usually hold? I can't imagine he could just swap two giant hammers at will, so how he did would largely depend on what he was holding when Senri got in close. You can't switch between body-length hammers while being punched.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 18, 2010, 08:48:55 pm »

Which hammer does John usually hold? I can't imagine he could just swap two giant hammers at will, so how he did would largely depend on what he was holding when Senri got in close. You can't switch between body-length hammers while being punched.

The Fear No Anvil.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 18, 2010, 08:54:44 pm »

Likely Fear no Anvil, it is his strongest and most powerful.

John has duel-wielded (and triple wielded) hammers before, but they were the Wrinklefucker and Pogo-hammer, which are very similar in their ability to let him build up speed and attack power. Wielding Wrinklefucker and Fear no Anvil together would be much more cumbersome as the Wrinklefucker bounces after each hit, while Fear no Anvil does not. (As far as I know.)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 19, 2010, 09:05:58 am »

If he uses Fear no Anvil, then I believe that if Senri can hide well enough, he could ambush John and get in too close to be hit with the head. Or does John have crazy reflexes?

I'll probably call this one at the end of the day, but I'd like to find out a little more.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 19, 2010, 11:35:22 am »

John is stronger and faster then a normal human, but I don't think he has enhanced reflexes.
I could be wrong.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 19, 2010, 08:10:43 pm »

Mmkay, can Senri hide at all? This one still seems pretty close in my opinion.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 19, 2010, 08:19:11 pm »

He could, the inventory system in the webcomic (which is pretty bizzare and cumbersome, and he would retain if he goes into the real world), would allow him to switch out two hammers prettymuch whenever he feels like it i think. He wouldn't dual weild Fear no anvil and wrinklefucker, but as fuzzy said, he can dual weild wrinkle and pogo, both of which are pretty badass weapons in their own right.

Mmkay, can Senri hide at all? This one still seems pretty close in my opinion.
I think its fair, assuming that senri has any experience in wilderness at all to let him get the first attack and to chose when to engage, but john could just jetpack away a bit and reengage when he feels like it.

So, john would probably bring:
Wrinklefucker
Pogo-Hammer
Fear No Anvil
Jetpack

and for food mabey
90 cans of beans
1 food cooker

Senrei would bring:
Scimitar(?)
Mabey some food (?)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 19, 2010, 09:28:06 pm »

Okay, so we know that if Senri gets hit by that time-stopping hammer he's screwed, so is there a way for Senri to avoid being hit by that? If he gets in really close, he could do some chopping and clawing, and he could ambush John in order to start in close. If in a fight at extremely close range, does John have a method of fighting back? I can't imagine that a normal kid is going to have the focus to man a jetpack while getting his eyes slashed open.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 19, 2010, 09:30:49 pm »

Other than superhuman strength and endurance (and speed, maybe), John is pretty much a normal 13 year old boy.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 19, 2010, 09:58:01 pm »

John is stronger and faster then a normal human, but I don't think he has enhanced reflexes.
I could be wrong.

Well, another thing to mention is that John is apparently the single most powerful out of the four kids. Or at least, stronger than Dave, and considering the kind of stuff he pulls off (annihilates dozens of imps and ogres like no one's business) that puts John squarely in "beats bear-man to hell and back" territory. His hammers are big but really if Senri gets close all John has to do is hop back maybe once and he's right back in optimal swinging range.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 19, 2010, 10:11:59 pm »

Well, another thing to mention is that John is apparently the single most powerful out of the four kids. Or at least, stronger than Dave, and considering the kind of stuff he pulls off (annihilates dozens of imps and ogres like no one's business) that puts John squarely in "beats bear-man to hell and back" territory. His hammers are big but really if Senri gets close all John has to do is hop back maybe once and he's right back in optimal swinging range.
We're using John right after he gets Fear no Anvil, not John at the end of the session.
I'm pretty sure.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 19, 2010, 10:27:06 pm »

We're using John right after he gets Fear no Anvil, not John at the end of the session.
I'm pretty sure.
Really? That one's barely above average :( But still, it takes only a little reaction time to do the exact same "I win" strategy presented here.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 20, 2010, 07:12:38 pm »

I could be wrong.

I think we are using the current john, and irregarless, if we take john from before he starts shrub, and give him 3 days to prepare, then he will be asstrong as he is now.
Current Dave (from the future), is stronger then Current John, however its pretty clear that in 1 day, john will be pretty clearly the strongest human in the show.

Okay, so we know that if Senri gets hit by that time-stopping hammer he's screwed, so is there a way for Senri to avoid being hit by that? If he gets in really close, he could do some chopping and clawing, and he could ambush John in order to start in close. If in a fight at extremely close range, does John have a method of fighting back? I can't imagine that a normal kid is going to have the focus to man a jetpack while getting his eyes slashed open.
You don't really need focus, all you need is OH SHIT, RUN AWAY. And with john's super endurence, he could just try to run away after being attacked, or shoot a stone at senrei (using his inventory system).

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 98