Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83930 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two
« Reply #1155 on: November 15, 2010, 09:20:48 pm »

The hammers are the length of about 4.5-6 feet, with heads larger than the size of a basketball.

The Wrinklefucker has no magical powers, but it is speculated that it burns the enemy on contact.
Fear no Anvil slows or stops the enemy when it makes contact.

More info here.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 15, 2010, 09:30:23 pm »

This big:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And even one partial hit would be game over for senri, since it would stun him (at least long enough for john to hit him again)

The Wrinklefucker (such a awsome name) allows john to bounce arround when he attacks and can bounce it off stuff to attack faster, but i think that he would use the Fear no Anvil, since its more powerfull.

He can also hold 20 items at a time (normal size, and not counting his hammers), and can use 8 at any time, and can shoot items out pretty fast and hard

Some info on senri i found on a live journal post (i have no clue how accurate this is, but i assume that it's correct):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reading that, i conclude that he is very strong (probably not strong enough to do considerable amount of damage to john though), and can only change 1 arm without going into a berserk rage

Voting for eggbert cause i know nothing about senri, also, what limits (if any) does eggbert have in this competition?
Votes don't work, it's all based on arguing about why your chosen character wins.
I don't know about either of these, so I'll just read your arguments.
Yeah, i know that i was just saying who i think would win, i do know that it has no impact on who you think would win.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 15, 2010, 09:39:40 pm »

He can also hold 20 items at a time (normal size, and not counting his hammers), and can use 8 at any time, and can shoot items out pretty fast and hard

24 actually, I think. 4 stacks of 6 cards, he can access the items stored on the top or bottom cards of any of those stacks. Assuming he's using the Array of Queuestacks modus.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 15, 2010, 09:43:11 pm »

John is physically tough, but he is vulnerable to ambush, and, as a child, can be knocked back by overwhelming force.

Does anyone here know how fast Senri is?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 15, 2010, 10:19:47 pm »

John is physically tough, but he is vulnerable to ambush, and, as a child, can be knocked back by overwhelming force.

Does anyone here know how fast Senri is?

Well if he's a bear I'd assume not that fast.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 15, 2010, 10:25:48 pm »

Well, there are two things wrong with what you just said.

1. Bears are twice as fast as most humans.

2. He's not entirely a bear at all times. He's human with a bear arm unless he loses his eyepatch.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 17, 2010, 09:54:08 pm »

I think that this is pretty much all that we will be able to argue without knowing more about senrei's ability, and i don't think anyone really does. So its time to speed this along and chose now barbarossa, so more interesting contests can take place.

Some closing arguments:
yeah, senrei has high strength, but not high enough to kill john in a few hits, while john can disable senrei in 1 hit, and then kill him by hitting him over and over again.

Also (although im not sure), i don't think senrei is significantly faster then a normal human, which he would need to be (or just super combat skill) to evade every hammer attack that john uses.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:24:57 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Doret

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm an Alien Roomba....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 18, 2010, 12:25:48 am »

Case for Senri:
Yes, Senri is strong, about as strong as a bear. But he has other things going for him too. For one thing, he is great at surviving in wilderness areas. He is also taller than john. Even though he doesn't talk much, he is also quite smart on some subjects. Senri will be able to make traps, and use them to attempt to catch john or an animal to eat. If he does have to fight john he will probably not be able to dodge all of john's attacks, but he also carries around a falchion which he should be able to use with his other arm to try to block john's attacks. Also, since climbing the Echeladder seems to give john more health, which level of the Echeladder will he be on?
Could I ever find a signature as catchy as that?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 18, 2010, 12:35:11 am »

Good point, John, as far as we know, has very little to no experience with living outside his own home.

Also, I think that John would be at the level where he could take some good hits from a large opponent, and not go down.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 18, 2010, 01:02:24 am »

A hammer that completely disables an opponent in one hit? Call me crazy, but I just don't see how that's balanced. The only way to beat something like that is to be able to fly away and still attack, which we already deemed a 'cheap tactic'.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 18, 2010, 01:11:16 am »

Anyone with a moderately powerful ranged weapon could probably take him out, and characters fast enough to dodge or attack first would have a fighting chance.

It's pretty much only in close quarters combat that he really shines.

Of course, a faster opponent who could dodge the slower Fear no Anvil would still have problems with the Wrinklefucker.

When he uses the Wrinklefucker, he can bound all over the place and do flips and other stuff.

I don't think he can duel-wield the hammers effectively.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 18, 2010, 09:04:41 am »

So what constitutes 'hitting' someone with it, anyway? I don't want to call this without at least a little more discussion, so here's a question. If Senri grabbed the head with his bear strength, what would happen next?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 18, 2010, 11:56:59 am »

Well...
John's hammers are rather long (longer than himself), so he may not be able to gain enough leverage for a solid strike.
It really depends if Senri keeps him at arm's length, where John has the advantage, or pulls him in for a good bear mauling.

John could use the Wrinklefucker's heat to discourage Senri from staying close, but that alone would not do enough damage to really inflict serious wounds.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 18, 2010, 06:35:58 pm »

I suspect that Johns world has slightly altered physics...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 18, 2010, 07:22:27 pm »

Errr... He is fighting someone that can turn part of his body into a bear, thats not very natural physics either

Well...
John's hammers are rather long (longer than himself), so he may not be able to gain enough leverage for a solid strike.
It really depends if Senri keeps him at arm's length, where John has the advantage, or pulls him in for a good bear mauling.
John could use the Wrinklefucker's heat to discourage Senri from staying close, but that alone would not do enough damage to really inflict serious wounds.
The wrinklefucker MAY do heat damage, but its unknown, and getting hit by a large chunk of metal is probably much mroe damaging then some steam.
When using the wrinklefucker he would have no problem getting leverage, as it appears to get something like 100% bounce, so in a few seconds he could speed it up fast enough that any hit would be very hard. If senrei rushed him he might not be able to get leverage on the fear no anvil, but john could just switch to the wrinklefucker.
And senrei couldn't maul john, he only has 1 bear arm.

Case for Senri:
Yes, Senri is strong, about as strong as a bear. But he has other things going for him too. For one thing, he is great at surviving in wilderness areas. He is also taller than john. Even though he doesn't talk much, he is also quite smart on some subjects. Senri will be able to make traps, and use them to attempt to catch john or an animal to eat. If he does have to fight john he will probably not be able to dodge all of john's attacks, but he also carries around a falchion which he should be able to use with his other arm to try to block john's attacks. Also, since climbing the Echeladder seems to give john more health, which level of the Echeladder will he be on?
He will be wherever on the echeladder he was at the time of this discussion, however no matter where he is because its kinda arbitrary to us since we don't know how big the effects are. As for food, john could carry 20 steak meals with him without any trouble (in his inventory system), or probably like 100 cans of beans and a food heater.
Don't think Senrei would be able to do any traps that would have a real effect on john, since he has a jetpack (to get out of holes or a noose trap on his foot), and super health (for any trap that would hurt him).

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 98