Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83840 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Ozymandias VS Kikadia
« Reply #540 on: October 01, 2010, 08:07:11 pm »

So he has extreme strength, but NOT the invulnerability that tends to go with it. Interesting...

Well, if all you have to do is break his spirit, let me just say right now that Ozymandias is the man to do it. He's one of the most intelligent men on the planet in Watchmen, and was capable of simultaneously running a legitimate megacorporation and a criminal empire. That takes skill.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 01, 2010, 08:55:37 pm »

I'm not sure how feasible breaking someone's spirit in a fight to the death actually is. Usually it happens when a plot device side character is threatened, but I'm not sure if he's ever been discouraged by anything other than that or Professor Gil's flute.

So he has extreme strength, but NOT the invulnerability that tends to go with it. Interesting...
The only invulnerability he has is using his strength to stop people from hurting him. Sometimes they find other ways than punching him.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 01, 2010, 09:17:43 pm »

Well, Ozymandias seems to be a pretty darn good manipulator. I'm sure he could think of something to screw with Kikadia long enough to get a few good blows in (not from punches necessarily, but various objects)

And maybe Ozy could bring a flute?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 01, 2010, 09:19:02 pm »

So... Leave an obvious trail, use a rope to cross a large break in the terrain, wait for Kikaida to jump the chasm at 900 kilometres per hour, and throw a rock in the opposite direction, or string some wire across at the only logical landing spot...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 01, 2010, 09:29:08 pm »

Well, Ozymandias seems to be a pretty darn good manipulator. I'm sure he could think of something to screw with Kikadia long enough to get a few good blows in (not from punches necessarily, but various objects)

And maybe Ozy could bring a flute?
Kikaida can still block things that are thrown at him. Also, Professor Gil's flute only works with Professor Gil, and when stolen, it self destructs. Kikaida also can block the effects of the flute, but he is greatly weakened while doing so.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 01, 2010, 09:35:24 pm »

In fact, having 1 million horsepower and not being as resilient as superman is pretty much useless, trying to exert it will crush whatever you try to use to exert it...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 01, 2010, 09:50:36 pm »

Not really. His body is made of some undefined metal that can break walls without being dented, so most of the force would be applied to whatever he's hitting. What I'm saying is that it'd be stupid if his arm crumpled up every time he hit something.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 01, 2010, 09:54:39 pm »

Not really. His body is made of some undefined metal that can break walls without being dented, so most of the force would be applied to whatever he's hitting. What I'm saying is that it'd be stupid if his arm crumpled up every time he hit something.

But without invulnerability it would do just that. Even WITH invulnerability to some extent, if he ever punched something with one million horsepower he would likely shatter his entire arm, and most of his torso from the sheer force of impact.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 01, 2010, 10:13:05 pm »

Then why is it that nobody took into account the fact that the lightning shot by Eddy's guitar would melt it, causing it to to be forever ruined? Why did the Alien's blood not corrode it instantly? Static's flight would cause him to slowly fade out of consciousness as the blood in his body zoomed around during turns. Sauron's mace swings would implode his helmet with their shockwaves. Raphael's shell would cause him to move really awkwardly if it were attached the same way as a normal turtle's.

If you are right, then I doubt Kikaida would use his full power during a punch, but maybe while pushing something.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 01, 2010, 10:27:15 pm »

The point is not that its arm is too strong to exist, the point is that its arm is practically invulnerable, and hence should be disqualified. Toning that down would cause its body to be destroyed. Maybe tone the speed down by a factor of ten, so 90 km per hour in a straight line, but normal reaction time and limited manoeuvrability, and drop the strength down to one thousand horsepower and the armour to the strength of conventional steel, maybe two millimetres thick... Basically turning Kikaida into a scary car...
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 01, 2010, 10:34:38 pm »

Or, instead of making the character one tenth as powerful, we could just assume that it's smart enough not to punch anything using a million horsepower.

On the topic of armor, I don't actually know how strong it is, it's never really explained. I do know that the 'Secret Acid' that Orange Ant shot at it did some damage, and he seems to be hurt when he gets hit.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 04, 2010, 12:41:26 pm »

Then why is it that nobody took into account the fact that the lightning shot by Eddy's guitar would melt it, causing it to to be forever ruined?

This is why.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 04, 2010, 07:45:27 pm »

Kikaida was made by a Techno Wizard, so it balances out.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 05, 2010, 06:25:37 pm »

I'm leaning towards kikadia so far (I don't want to call it yet). Ozzy's real tricks seem to lie in the realm of deception and manipulation, which don't really come into account here. However, even when he's found out he can beat several Badass Normals, which is why I'm not calling it yet.

Also, what technology does he use? the link provided lists him as being very skilled in combat and very fast, but if he doesn't have a weapon to back it up, he's probably going to lose.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 05, 2010, 07:15:22 pm »

I think that he had an army of researchers and a cooperative example to create a machine that could duplicate some of the effects of the resident all-powerful super-hero. I think that he would bring with him some advanced, but basically mundane trinkets. I suspect that he could rustle up some sort of cable that could cut Kikadia if Kikaidia ran into it with enough momentum. On the other hand, this takes preparation, and Kikadia can search pretty quickly. There is a machine that can completely disintegrate matter, but it isn't exactly man-portable...
 The guy is basically an upgraded Batman...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 98