Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83660 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Static vs Raphael
« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2010, 04:16:24 pm »

Sean, does the word "potential" mean much to you? He is a wielder of lightning. If he was a bit more creative, he'd be tough to beat. To give you a good idea, he reaches that "ultra-power" potential around the age of 60. Right now he's closer to 16. He's powerful, and pretty competent to boot, but believe me even at his max he's not invincible like Superman.

Also, he has lightning grenades. Great way to flush a ninja out of hiding, considering it's the one ninja that hates hiding anyway.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2010, 04:19:03 pm »

Sean, does the word "potential" mean much to you? He is a wielder of lightning. If he was a bit more creative, he'd be tough to beat. To give you a good idea, he reaches that "ultra-power" potential around the age of 60. Right now he's closer to 16. He's powerful, and pretty competent to boot, but believe me even at his max he's not invincible like Superman.

Also, he has lightning grenades. Great way to flush a ninja out of hiding, considering it's the one ninja that hates hiding anyway.

I suppose you are right. It seems the turtle chosen was the wrong one.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2010, 04:19:35 pm »

Alright then, exactly what level of power is he at? I can agree to him beating Raphael - he really only needs to get a lightning shot in first - but for further reference, please get him defined.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2010, 04:30:21 pm »

Alright then, exactly what level of power is he at? I can agree to him beating Raphael - he really only needs to get a lightning shot in first - but for further reference, please get him defined.

At the age of sixteen, I'd speculate that Virgil would have about 35% of his max power. Potentially fatal, but only if one of the combatants isn't careful. Like if you took a shower, then held your good friend Toaster close in hand as you stuck your wang in an electrical socket.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2010, 04:34:47 pm »

is it okay if my guy hires katz* to utter his catchphrase and possibly also help fight a bit?

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Courage_the_Cowardly_Dog#Recurring_Villains
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2010, 04:51:16 pm »

is it okay if my guy hires katz* to utter his catchphrase and possibly also help fight a bit?

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Courage_the_Cowardly_Dog#Recurring_Villains
No. This would violate rule 8.

I vote that the proposed variant of Static is too powerful for the proposed challenge rules.
I concur. I had hoped that specifying the animated version as opposed to the comic version would prevent this, but it appears not. Are there any suggestions concerning limitations that could be placed to keep his power in check?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2010, 04:57:15 pm »

Well, just limiting him to an early-age version seems to tone him down sufficiently. So he's less a Magneto/Electro combination, and more just a walking teslacoil.

And pertaining to the ongoing fight, which Raph are we using, btw? The one from the 80's cartoons, or the latest TMNT one? Or the TMNT movie? Maybe the one from the original comics? The page lists all versions, which are slightly different. For example, the Raph from the latest TMNT animated series would actually have decent enough endurance to withstand a moderately powerful electric bolt, what with dealing with Ch'Rell and all.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2010, 05:00:29 pm »

Only choose the 80's Raph is you want him to die horribly... I nominate 80's Raph.

But really, I'd say the latest Animated series would be the best choice, as he's not so ludicrously Badass Normal as the Frank Miller comics (those were just silly in what they could get away with). Plus, he's the only one that actually makes his sais look like weapons instead of really ineffectual brass knuckles.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2010, 07:01:56 pm »

I say that the ninja gets the advantage in stealth, and a thrown sai will knock a rider off of their hoverboard. But I think that the inevitable frontal attack that follows will get bugzapped. A bit of running through the foliage would probably get the superhero to use up their battery...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 10, 2010, 07:14:08 pm »

I think TMNT's usually fight in the "concrete jungle", not in the sewers. Being ninjas, they are able to adapt to a lot of situations. But apart from that - just looking through the list of contestants, I really see nobody who could offer significant resistance to "potentially one of the most powerful superheroes".

I dunno, Sauron, Lord Zedd, and the Punisher might.

Anyway, modern Raph against animated Static levels the playing field. If I remember correctly, the animated Static has to recharge often. Or that might be the Predator.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 10, 2010, 07:30:07 pm »

I was about to scold RAM for his battery thing, but I remembered that Static in animated form does need to recharge often. Though by the latter half of the series he's gotten a lot better about that, AND those lightning grenades he carries a belt of can be used for recharging as well. So he'd last for a lot longer than Raph could lead him on.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 11, 2010, 12:28:00 am »

Doesn't Static Shock usually attack via sending electricity through metal things to reach other people/things? That's a lot harder to do in a jungle. Also, as evidenced by the battle between Raphael and Super Shredder in TMNT III: The Manhattan Project, Raphael can spin fast enough to fly through lightning unharmed.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 11, 2010, 08:03:16 am »

Doesn't Static Shock usually attack via sending electricity through metal things to reach other people/things? That's a lot harder to do in a jungle. Also, as evidenced by the battle between Raphael and Super Shredder in TMNT III: The Manhattan Project, Raphael can spin fast enough to fly through lightning unharmed.
i thought animated static lets copyrighted, yet unchanged, superheroes do all his work? like batman, superman ETC.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 11, 2010, 10:27:42 am »

I see multiple errors that shall be addressed in order.

1. It's Static, not Static Shock. Don't be too pissed, I just found out myself the other day.
2. The reason animated Static attacks that way is because if he electrocuted people in a kid's show the Moral Guardians would go up in arms. I think we can all agree that since Static's ability is electricity, he has the ability to use it like electricity.
3. I'm pretty sure we agreed to use the Animated Raphael.
4. Even if we weren't using Animated Raphael, your point is invalid as we all know there were only two live action movies.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 11, 2010, 10:30:04 am »

Yeah, man. He was basically Spider-Man, except with electricity powers.

Can you imagine if a guy Spider-Man's strength (read: can lift a city bus and use it to clobber the Hulk) were to actually punch you? Nasty stuff right there.

But Static's powers are electromagnetic, not merely electric.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98