Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83662 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Jo vs Roland Deschain
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2010, 09:02:49 pm »

You're pushing it. Don't stuff like that until I get bored enough to make an SCP foundation Forum Game.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2010, 09:04:06 pm »

I just copied and pasted stuff you said from that other thread. This thread is about Fights to the death though.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2010, 09:05:24 pm »

Do not mimic things I say. Ever. Jackass.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2010, 09:08:17 pm »

Oh my God both of you SHUT UP!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2010, 09:09:20 pm »

Sure thing.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2010, 09:11:21 pm »

Oh my God both of you SHUT UP!
Thank you for reminding me. I need someone to remind me every time now, I still think it's because I have low IQ and memory. despite me being in a Gifted Student group.

Doret

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm an Alien Roomba....
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2010, 09:41:41 pm »

Seems like a worthy opponent. In my defense, I will say that "machine" accuracy and precision can never outdo pure instinct. When it comes down to the matter of experience, Roland edges out-theres a fine line between being able to shoot, and being able to shoot *well*. Training doesn't trump experience, and from what I've seen, Jo has alot less then Roland, being so young.

I'll fill in one of those...

Roland Deschain vs Jo

Equipment:Dual 45. Peacemaker revolvers, no armor vs Dual Desert Eagles, no armor (from what I can tell)
-I would say my weapons have the advantage here. 45. revolvers never jam, and are well balanced and deadly. Desert Eagle's have high recoil, which translates into less accuracy, especially when moving. Jo can still probably shoot better than any normal human due to her strength, but in this case, it's still a disadvantage. Either way, since neither opponent is armored, one shot will tell all.

Strength: Normal vs Genetically advanced
-In a fist fight, Jo would win, hands down. In this case, her enhancements give her a clear advantage,

Speed: Near Supernatural vs Genetically Advanced
-Roland is fast. Like, impossibly fast. His skills a combination of strong lineage (he descended from his worlds King Arthur), years of experience (how much, I can't say-probably a long time, as I said, in his world, time and space are a bit wonky) and the pure killing instinct of a gunslinger. I couldn't call myself a Fan of the Dark Tower without saying that he could outdraw anyone.

Stealth: ???
I know Roland is hardly very stealthy-he might set up a quick ambush, but other than that, not much. I cant speak for Jo.

Toughness: Near Supernatural vs ???
Again, I can’t speak for Jo, but Roland has travelled…a lot. His quest for the Dark Tower is all consuming. He’s suffered too much to ever stop. In the first book, when given the choice between saving his prodigal son and getting closer to the tower…he chose the Tower.

I'll put in my two cents where I think it counts, mainly on Stealth and toughness.

Stealth: When Desired.
Jo has been seen to be very stealthy, I believe in the first episode she was able to stealthily sneak into a dangerous material transaction and after creating a smoke screen, be able to get away with all the loot. Then again a raging robot DID interrupt the whole thing. Stealth is still something she has repeated, but she's not been shown to be expertly stealthy.

Toughness: Above Average(I Guess)
Jo has survived being NEAR an explosion, which is usually more fire than anything else. Not to mention she's been slammed into metal walls, and nearly drowned. She's gotten into a tussel with a demonic creature Twice during the series, and has been able to keep up with them, maybe at a slight disadvantage. On another scale of toughness, Jo has been able to repel an attempt to burn her mind. The main villain commented on her Mental Strength(Or something similar) to being greater than the most disciplined of soldiers. She has also shown no weakness to spicy foods.

That's what I can add that you missed on Jo, I thank you for the comparison, and doing them for me. I also thank you for being very well mannered about it. Roland and Jo are very different in their strengths, and I can honestly state that through a mixture of belief in Jo's abilities(And some favoritism of her) that she and Ronald may be near each other in fighting abilities, who will win is up to the judge. (Mandatory Happy Face Here)
Could I ever find a signature as catchy as that?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2010, 09:43:50 pm »

Yes, because forests are full of spicy foods.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2010, 09:58:39 pm »

It's about as likely to be full of bear robots and riddle making sentient trains...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2010, 09:59:31 pm »

It's about as likely to be full of bear robots and riddle making sentient trains...
It's highly Improbable. Improbable island anyone?

Doret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2010, 10:09:03 pm »

I was just trying to be slightly comedic when I mentioned such a useless thing. I obviously know forests lack spicy foods, but there is the chance a fruit in a forest is spicy. And I have heard of the Improbable Island, I do not wish to play it though.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2010, 10:11:08 pm »

How long will we be on the island that we are eating suspicious plants?

Doret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2010, 10:15:42 pm »

We will stay on the island until one of the battlers die, depending on many variables the speed of ones death may take the course of several days, or end in a few minutes. I think that is right.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Static vs Raphael
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2010, 01:13:17 am »

I must ask to keep the discussions of the characters limited to the characters in the current match.

Winner: Roland Deschain

In a fight like this, it will come down to whoever gets in the first shot. It is no doubt a close match, and one that I find hard to call, but I find Roland to have a slight advantage in stealth and sneaking, so I must give him the victory.

Next match: Static VS Raphael

Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:05:24 am by ed boy »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Static vs Raphael
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2010, 02:04:49 am »

Well, going by the description, Static is going to have a little mobility problem in the jungle (nothing to fly on), not to mention the possibility of rain and general moisture everywhere. Having electric powers is a rather big advantage over the melee-only Raph though. That said, Raph is a ninja - and would likely blend well enough with the background with his color. Though I don't have much info on Static's actual capabilities, I think he may still win if he notices Raphael quickly enough. Ninja training versus enhanced hearing and electric discharges. If he doesn't, or isn't quick enough to react, Raphael can very well knock him out, or knock him into water/knock water into him, this being a jungle and all.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 98