Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83696 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Jo vs Roland Deschain
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:39 pm »

Not really, it's just a general thing to allow us to more directly compare the competitors. :D

You can do whatever you wish.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »

Not really, it's just a general thing to allow us to more directly compare the competitors. :D

I think it's the thread champions  decision if they can do whatever they wish. (The person who started it, I'm not sure what to call him.)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2010, 08:43:46 pm »

The thread maker was ed boy.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:28 pm »

But calling him that seems so unoriginal. I like thread champion.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2010, 08:46:28 pm »

I think it's the thread champions  decision if they can do whatever they wish. (The person who started it, I'm not sure what to call him.)

Yeah, but in his absence, people are already arguing about contests that aren't even happening yet. We need at least some modicum of order before Ed Boy comes back.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2010, 08:47:18 pm »

I suppose. Wait, are you talking about me? Ought I to be offended?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2010, 08:49:30 pm »

Yes. You should totally be offended. And then kill yourself, for broaching the sacred thread rules.

Of course not, man. We just needz some order.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2010, 08:50:37 pm »

I suppose. Wait, are you talking about me? Ought I to be offended?
It was directed towards me an you, but that could have been if you weren't chock full of SCP-732.

Yes. You should totally be offended. And then kill yourself, for broaching the sacred thread rules.

Of course not, man. We just needz some order.
I am sorry about what I caused sir. Will not happen again sir.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2010, 08:51:58 pm »

But assassins only kill other people. (You failed to see the reference in my post about being offended.)

I am not full of SCP-732. I disinfected myself upon entering this thread.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2010, 08:52:17 pm »

Seems like a worthy opponent. In my defense, I will say that "machine" accuracy and precision can never outdo pure instinct. When it comes down to the matter of experience, Roland edges out-theres a fine line between being able to shoot, and being able to shoot *well*. Training doesn't trump experience, and from what I've seen, Jo has alot less then Roland, being so young.

I'll fill in one of those...

Roland Deschain vs Jo

Equipment:Dual 45. Peacemaker revolvers, no armor vs Dual Desert Eagles, no armor (from what I can tell)
-I would say my weapons have the advantage here. 45. revolvers never jam, and are well balanced and deadly. Desert Eagle's have high recoil, which translates into less accuracy, especially when moving. Jo can still probably shoot better than any normal human due to her strength, but in this case, it's still a disadvantage. Either way, since neither opponent is armored, one shot will tell all.

Strength: Normal vs Genetically advanced
-In a fist fight, Jo would win, hands down. In this case, her enhancements give her a clear advantage,

Speed: Near Supernatural vs Genetically Advanced
-Roland is fast. Like, impossibly fast. His skills a combination of strong lineage (he descended from his worlds King Arthur), years of experience (how much, I can't say-probably a long time, as I said, in his world, time and space are a bit wonky) and the pure killing instinct of a gunslinger. I couldn't call myself a Fan of the Dark Tower without saying that he could outdraw anyone.

Stealth: ???
I know Roland is hardly very stealthy-he might set up a quick ambush, but other than that, not much. I cant speak for Jo.

Toughness: Near Supernatural vs ???
Again, I can’t speak for Jo, but Roland has travelled…a lot. His quest for the Dark Tower is all consuming. He’s suffered too much to ever stop. In the first book, when given the choice between saving his prodigal son and getting closer to the tower…he chose the Tower.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2010, 08:53:25 pm »

I'd put my money on Roland, I think. (I'm not the gambling type though.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2010, 08:53:48 pm »

But assassins only kill other people. (You failed to see the reference in my post about being offended.)

I am not full of SCP-732. I disinfected myself upon entering this thread.
You are annoying me again.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2010, 08:56:21 pm »

Well, if I knew what SCP-73 or whatever meant, along with that other stuff, I would understand better. Also, we promised not to start anything. (At least until we face each other. If we even end up against each other.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2010, 08:58:22 pm »

If you couldn't infer from the article, SCP-732 is probably a person that infects articles with the fanfic disease, and it also infects other data.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2010, 09:01:46 pm »

Alright, this thread is infected then. We better quarantine it. Don't want a repeat of the SCP-1427b incident, do we?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 98