Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83746 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Submissions
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 04:54:38 pm »

To be honest, I'm not sure why he shouldn't have the ring. It is literally part of himself. Sauron before the ring was made was equally as powerful, except he couldn't control those with the other Rings of Power. All the ring has going for it is that it's chock full of Sauron's hate glands.

He was only awesome with it because that was when he has many henchmen. He was actually just as awesome before.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 05:46:28 pm »

To be honest, I'm not too clued up on what sauron was like before the ring was made.  After losing the ring, he didn't have a proper body, and can't really be entered in the competition.

What I was thinking was the bit we get to see at the "flashback" stage at the start of the first movie (except he would die when his body is killed).

He has a physical form already by the time the movie starts, but he's afraid to go out and face the wielder of Narsil reforged. We have no idea how powerful this physical form is, so the Witch King is a good base.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 05:55:37 pm »

Very well. He gets the ring, but without its immortality powers (if his body is destroyed, he dies).

As for using the witch king of angmar, he has a form of immortality too (Not by the hand of man shall he fall), and thus would not be a good comparison.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 07:35:34 pm »

In terms of powers and abilities, he would be, though. At any rate, that was prophecy, and prophecy probably doesn't apply to this contest. The movie and book versions of the Witch King were both injured by Merry, so he can definitely be hurt - it was merely a fulfillment of prophecy that it was Eowyn who killed him. Without the prophecy it could have been anyone else...

On the other hand, the Witch King smacked down Gandalf, who is essentially an angel of the same rank as Sauron, so... yeah, maybe not an apt comparison.

Also, someone should totally nominate present Dave or Jade then. I really want to see them fight John.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 07:46:39 pm »

You could nominate them, couldn't you Jose?

And make it Dave.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 07:47:20 pm »

Fine then. If you're all so pissy about Dave getting into this contest, I guess I have no choice but to nominate Dave--STATIC
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 07:51:20 pm »

Good choice.

Also, I'll wait for a bit before nominating any other Homestuck characters.

Equius.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 07:54:30 pm »

I'm a bit hesitant about allowing static - are there any limits on his powers? I don't want any characters to have an "I win" button (in this case, taking the form of "Everything in a ten mile radius is struck by an arbitrarily high amount of electromagnetic energy").

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 07:56:32 pm »

Try the one from the animated series. His powers are much more limited, and not ordinarily lethal.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2010, 07:57:58 pm »

Try the one from the animated series. His powers are much more limited, and not ordinarily lethal.
I really doubt he's actually 'killed' anyone.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2010, 08:00:32 pm »

Yeah, but Future!Static and the comic version of Static is a lot more powerful. He's almost a lightning Elemental.

Also, second nomination: Grin, from the Fancy Adventures of Jack Cannon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2010, 08:08:33 pm »

Merry only wounded the witch king at a great cost. For weeks afterwards, he was dying, and remained that way until Aragorn healed him with his king-healer-hands.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2010, 08:15:27 pm »

Yeah, meaning anyone who fights the Witch King takes reflexive (though not immediately fatal) damage. Depends on which version we're working with. The chill of the grave in the movie version was nowhere near as powerful as the one in the book (which is more appropriate to a being of the Witch King's stature, but ah well.)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2010, 08:28:22 pm »

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Marx_Soul
marx soul. creepy reincarnation of an already creepy boss, hard, bonus boss, and he's got stylish boots.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2010, 10:44:56 pm »

Rejected:
Guardian Naga (9th level sorceror spells? too powerful)
Storm Giant (too large)
Those are not ninth level spells, they are the spells of a 9th level sorcerer, and they are listed in the link I gave, probably the worst of them is greater invisibility, although lightning bolt and cure light wounds have their issues...

The giant is about 4 times at tall as a human, what dimensions is the size-difference based upon?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:59:53 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98