Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83954 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Marx Soul VS Alex Louis Armstrong
« Reply #690 on: October 24, 2010, 12:49:24 am »

But if the both have ways of flying in the air, maneuverability and aim come into play. Marx could probably take way sharper turns due to not being able to pass out from the force of the turns. (He has no blood.) With that, he could outflank Alex and gun him down with whatever ranged attacks he has, while Alex futilely tries to hit back.

Or Alex could, you know, stay on the ground and just punch rocks at him. I don't think Marx is anywhere near fast enough to avoid the kind of shots that Armstrong throws. Then when Marx inevitably falls to the ground, stunned, Armstrong deconstructs him with a punch.
Word.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second
« Reply #691 on: October 26, 2010, 10:13:49 am »

Winner:Alex Louis Armstrong

Alex wins as CJ describes.

Next round: Paul Atreides VS Ezio Auditore

Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:25:23 am by ed boy »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Paul Atreides VS Ezio Auditore
« Reply #692 on: October 26, 2010, 12:33:11 pm »

Ohh, this is a hard one.

This will be a nearly equal fight, I think.

Paul is a military genius, both in large-scale and single combat. He's been trained by the best in both mental and physical disciplines.

Ezio is an Assassin. Not much needs to be said.

I think it could go either way. Both could lose or there could be a tie.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 26, 2010, 01:09:13 pm »

I think Paul has assassin training as well.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 26, 2010, 01:55:36 pm »

Strongly depends on whether this is pre- or post- Water of Life/Muad'Dib ascension on Paul's part.  If Paul is the Kwisatz Haderach, he has the nigh-unstoppable premonition advantage on his side - he can predict and counter Ezio's moves before he even makes them.

However, there is a strong (albeit awkward to arrange) defence against this.  If Ezio can arrange matters such that Paul killing him will take mankind off the Golden Path and doom them to destruction, Paul will have no choice but to allow himself to die.

Though that is pretty hard to accomplish.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 26, 2010, 03:41:04 pm »

It depends on if we are talking about Ezio realisticly or talking about him in the video game. In the game he is entirely unstoppable. Seriously, he can take on entire armies if you have the patience and some timing skills. The character himself is, however, not so perfect. He is from
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which would possibly make it possible to kill Paul, perhaps, and he is a tactical genius. Whether or not this could match up to Paul's premonitions or not I don't know. It could be possible for Ezio to get Paul in a situation that he physically cannot escape, I guess.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 26, 2010, 04:05:35 pm »

A protagonist from a video game is almost always unstoppable because if something in the game would be able to stop him or her reliably the game would quickly stop being fun (given some exceptions of courser, but those don't really apply to assassins creed)

I think Paul has assassin training as well.
He's versed in the way of the assassins wars, but he's not trained as an assassin himself, at least not on the level of the assassins creeds' assassins. He is a pretty damn good sword fighter though, both with and without a holtzman shield.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:09:01 pm by Virex »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 26, 2010, 05:43:46 pm »

Prescient Paul automatically wins. He does actually know exactly who he will be fighting. He knows where they are, what they are doing, and their entire life story. He has an entire empire to draw resources from. He just brings a bomb, places it somewhere with 100% certainty that the opponent will be there when the timer expires, while being 100% certain that the opponent will never encounter Paul.

Video-game Ezio doesn't stand a chance. Paul knows exactly where he is and has the patience to wait centuries(alive) for things he isn't going to be alive to see. He knows exactly where Ezio is and has no reason whatsoever to walk into a trap. Holtzman shields make Ezio's training almost an impediment, as trained movements will have their timing completely distorted...

Maybe we should use Paul from the Dune Movie. He can kill people by yelling at them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 26, 2010, 05:52:00 pm »

Somehow I think we have to nerf absolute prescience. Why?

Prescient Paul automatically wins. He does actually know exactly who he will be fighting. He knows where they are, what they are doing, and their entire life story. He has an entire empire to draw resources from. He just brings a bomb, places it somewhere with 100% certainty that the opponent will be there when the timer expires, while being 100% certain that the opponent will never encounter Paul.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 26, 2010, 05:54:26 pm »

Took the words right out of my mouth, Barbarossa. There is simply no way Paul could lose if he is capable of that. And we want this to be a competition. This can't be a competition with absolute prescience.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 26, 2010, 08:26:11 pm »

Video-game Ezio doesn't stand a chance. Paul knows exactly where he is and has the patience to wait centuries(alive) for things he isn't going to be alive to see. He knows exactly where Ezio is and has no reason whatsoever to walk into a trap. Holtzman shields make Ezio's training almost an impediment, as trained movements will have their timing completely distorted...

Maybe we should use Paul from the Dune Movie. He can kill people by yelling at them...

I'm assuming this is your way of saying that Paul shouldn't be prescient. Because if this is your idea of fair I think it's time to slap a Disqualification on this guy and move right along. Also, why would his empire be able to supply him? He gets what he can carry at any given time.

Another thing I really think we need to bring up about these Holtzman shields: how fast is the wind? If there's even a breeze the air can't get into the shield, thus they would suffocate. Even then, Paul would still have to defeat the hyper-competent Assassin Ezio in combat. Paul would likely try to fight slowly and calmly, trying to get through a shield that's not there. Ezio, on the other hand, can deflect his blows with ease and then go find a cliff to knock him off.

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 26, 2010, 10:04:47 pm »

Except that Paul was also trained to fight those without shields. Duncan Idaho taught him that.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 26, 2010, 10:45:14 pm »

What would happen if you had your hand through the shield while say, choking him, and you punched quickly with your other hand? Would the shield activate and cut your hand off?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 26, 2010, 11:00:16 pm »

No, your punching hand would bounce away, and your reaching hand would be crushed by the field attempting to reform to its normal shape instead of its 'bent' shape.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 27, 2010, 02:48:35 am »

The wikipedia page states that paul went through a long period before becoming prescient. It woulod be best to use that version of paul, shortly before he became prescient.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98