Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83850 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Strelok VS Tidus
« Reply #570 on: October 10, 2010, 07:45:52 pm »

Ezio's also on the list. He's in the last fight for this round. I guess ed boy took both.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 10, 2010, 07:55:22 pm »

Okay, hrm...
Should Strelok be under the effect of slow, I assume he will be able to get some damage onto Tidus before being sliced. Also note, The SEVA Suit is an all purpose suit with a closed breathing module, meant to resist various effects of nature, bullets, and mutants with extremely strong bites and claws.

Due to his suit, Strelok may be able to survive several hits in succession from Tidus' swords before succumbing to death. Or at least until his suits durability runs out. He may also survive depending on his artifact loadout, say, about 5 Kolobok's would very effective against Tidus, due to their rupture/slicing resistance they give to people. Several Firefly artifacts would also regenerate Strelok's wounds in a pinch. Without Artifacts, Strelok is still a formidable gun fighter, and is possibly quite accurate also, judging from his non-player involved skill during Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. It is also to note that Strelok appears to run very fast in Clear Sky, much faster than Mercenary Scar could sprint.

There's my crap, CJ, please provide sensible counter-argument. Someone, just someone.
EDIT: Wait, typo, why the fuck would a sword run out?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:03:03 pm by Phantom »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 10, 2010, 11:08:12 pm »

How difficult is it to carry an artefact, and when exactly do you find out who your opponent is. Please try to detail what artefacts an ignorant Strelok would carry.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 10, 2010, 11:17:38 pm »

How difficult is it to carry an artefact, and when exactly do you find out who your opponent is. Please try to detail what artefacts an ignorant Strelok would carry.

Artifacts are very, very light, but only 5 can be equipped at a time (I believe).  A few cause radiation accumulation, but those can be mitigated with ones that get rid of radiation.  Artifact loadout varies, though artifacts with no drawbacks will usually be equipped and regeneration-improving artifacts are usually nice to have on.

This is specifically the Shadow of Chernobyl Strelok, so artifacts should have their SoC effects.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:23:08 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 10, 2010, 11:18:10 pm »

You have three days to research your opponent, so I assume you find out three days before the fight.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 11, 2010, 12:02:05 am »

According to the first post, you're told who's made it to your round (in the case of the current round, I'd assume everyone who hasn't died by the start of your match), but you aren't told who you're fighting specifically ever.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 11, 2010, 12:15:16 am »

Strelok would win, hands down. He has the range and skill over Tidus.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 11, 2010, 12:23:27 am »

Well, I would guess that radiation accumulates just from carrying them, so only bring as many radioactive ones as you are happy to burn slots to counter. As for the others, how many can you carry? Does Strelok have a backpack?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 11, 2010, 12:33:35 am »

Well, I would guess that radiation accumulates just from carrying them, so only bring as many radioactive ones as you are happy to burn slots to counter. As for the others, how many can you carry? Does Strelok have a backpack?

Radiation accumulates only when they're equipped.  (I tend to avoid those ones anyway, due to overall weakness compared to others)

The number Strelok can easily carry exceeds the number that is worth carrying (and I'm pretty sure the number that actually exist) by far (they're really, really, really light).  Strelok can carry a lot of ammo, a few guns, some food, a lot of medkits and bandages, a lot of antirads, armor, quite a few bottles of vodka, a knife, and many, many artifacts at a time in his pack.  59.9 kilograms of junk with minimal loss of mobility.  If wearing an exoskeleton, he can carry more, but exoskeletons just aren't as good as SEVA suits and he can't run in them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:39:48 am by Jack A T »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 11, 2010, 12:46:36 am »

And canonically, Strelok would use the SEVA Suit. Plus ammo is very light. And yes, he does have a backpack or similar.
Quite a few are not radioactive. Such as the stone blood or kolobok.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 11, 2010, 01:33:36 am »

Weight is not the only issue, they need to physically fit through the portal, which presumably has room for someone with 4 times the mass of an average human...
Read the First Post!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 11, 2010, 01:37:54 am »

Weight is not the only issue, they need to physically fit through the portal, which presumably has room for someone with 4 times the mass of an average human...

They're tiny.  Strelok can carry far more than he'll ever use in his backpack.  Every single item I mentioned fits on his body or pack together.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 11, 2010, 08:36:05 am »

I can't tell, is that a 5.45 or a 5.56? Either way, you can simply carry those in packs, several in your backpack, several in magazines on your chest, and 2 magazine holders on your legs. That should amount to 500 bullets, if I remember correctly.

And, if he is able to modify his SEVA Suit, the relief vest and the relief backpack alleviates more weight, effectively making him able to carry either 60 or 70kg.

That, and should he ever come within radiation, the SEVA Suit alleviates that problem by automatically administering radiation removing drugs, if I remember correctly. And food is not a problem for him either, he could carry 2 weeks worth of food without breaking a sweat.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:41:53 am by Phantom »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 11, 2010, 10:34:23 am »

Strelok is equipped with armor made to resist anomalies, the effects of which range from pillars of fire, arcs of electricity going through the air, crushing gravity, toxic puddles and radiation. While Tidus does indeed have magic the effects of them are precisely what Strelok is resistant to except for the cold spells. Although by the time he could conjure up some ice-based missiles Strelok would be able to fire off many conventional rounds into Tidus. Time manipulation will be the only way Tidus could remain competitive.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 98