Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83798 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Ozymandias VS Kikadia
« Reply #555 on: October 05, 2010, 07:49:53 pm »

I think that he had an army of researchers and a cooperative example to create a machine that could duplicate some of the effects of the resident all-powerful super-hero. I think that he would bring with him some advanced, but basically mundane trinkets. I suspect that he could rustle up some sort of cable that could cut Kikadia if Kikaidia ran into it with enough momentum. On the other hand, this takes preparation, and Kikadia can search pretty quickly. There is a machine that can completely disintegrate matter, but it isn't exactly man-portable...
 The guy is basically an upgraded Batman...

No, Nite Owl is an upgraded Batman, aka Blue Beetle. Ozymandias is what would happen if Batman went completely insane, then combined his technology with that of Lex Luthor and the Green Lanterns.

Ozymandias, based on the researchers he uses, would have been perfectly capable of finding a way to seriously harm, even kill Kikadia, especially if the guy isn't actually invincible like most super-strong people claim to be. Oh, and if he found something sufficiently hard, I bet he could trick the 'bot into punching it, likely damaging himself in the process.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 05, 2010, 10:32:50 pm »

Kikaida has had some experience with unbreakable objects. The one time he ran into one he used heat vision to melt it, though it reformed sometime later due to being unbreakable.

I love you, 70's logic.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 06, 2010, 02:10:44 am »

Setting fire to an adamantine sock is one thing, landing on an adamantine spike is another. And if I were Ozy, I would bring an adamantine staff and, upon determining that I was facing Kikadia, and possibly regardless, I would engineer a situation in which it would be practical for Kikadia to do a 900 kph charge into the pointy end. Possibly some variation of planting it at the end of a bridge that won't hold the weight.

But meh, give it to Kikadia, both these characters seem invulnerable if you make a couple of simple assumptions...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second
« Reply #558 on: October 10, 2010, 11:02:24 am »

Winner:The Marked One/Strelok

Strelok wins as described above.

Next round: Marx Soul VS Alex Louis Armstrong

Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:33:44 am by ed boy »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Strelok VS Tidus
« Reply #559 on: October 10, 2010, 11:05:48 am »

Well, Strelok wins the 'not ridiculous clothing' competition. I don't know much about either, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 10, 2010, 11:30:34 am »

Strelok is a crack shot, expert sniper, master of stealth, and can instantly cause an APC to explode with one very fast stab from his knife (and he's unharmed by those explosions).  And he's fast enough to actually be able to use his Knife of Slaying Everything rather commonly.  He's got artifacts that give him powers beyond a normal human (regeneration, radiation resistance, super-endurance), and he's survived in a hellhole where people with shotguns are waiting around every corner.  He's fought through hundreds of badasses in order to get to his goal.

Tidus doesn't have a gun.  Or a bow.  Or a crossbow.  Or throwing knives.  Or...well, you get the point, right?  If he gets in melee combat, he'll get knifed and die instantly.  He's screwed.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:33:48 am by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 10, 2010, 11:35:26 am »

It all depends on Strelok's loadout.

Just brings his rugged AKS-74u, a few Grenades, and the all-purpose SEVA Suit? Good chance, but no helmet.
With a helmet, he has 2nd generation night-vision. Plus a closed circle breathing module. But it's damn heavy.
He may require a few artifacts, but they vary a lot. He might just bring 5 health healing artifacts, or a bunch of cutting resistant artifacts.

As for weapons and shit, let's see.
Hunting Knife: Of course he'd have it. He's strong enough to break open crates and metal boxes with it in one swipe, but blowing up an APC is where you divide possible from glitches.
Makarov: Likely as a sidearm, has bullshit accuracy but almost infinite durability.
AKS-74u: The close range assault rifle, rugged but nice.
Fast shooting AKs-74: A stock AK-74, but with an absurdly high fire-rate, higher accuracy, and higher durability.
Stalker suit: Somewhat bad night-vision, and less resistance to stuff.
Merc suit: Similar to the Stalker Suit but has lesser resistance to all things except bullets.
VSS Vintorez: The silent, deadly, semi-automatic sniper rifle. Would be easier to use in the jungle rather than an SVD.
AS Val: Similar to the above, but automatic without scope.
AN-94: Unlikely to use, but pretty accurate.
ZM LR-300: Accurate, with good damage, but likely to jam a lot in the jungle.
SiG Sauer 550: Similar to the above, less likely to jam, and likely to be used by Strelok, due to previous usage.

I'm not deciding on his loadout though, so I'm just gonna say he brings his SiG or his AKs-74u, his SEVA Suit, and begins the fight with a few random artifacts.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 10, 2010, 11:44:06 am »

Okay, even when not depending on odd hunting knife behavior, getting in melee combat with Strelok without having a shotgun is a stupid idea.  He's highly accurate at that range, and should be able to get a couple headshots before Tidus gets an attack in.

Or just a normal, non-buggy knife slash (not a destructo-stab) to the neck or head.  Stuns heavily armored enemies and kills them in two shots, takes out lightly armored enemies in one shot.

And finally, if Strelok does get hit, insta-healing insta-medkit and keep on fighting.  He'll usually carry 20 or so medkits and a lot of bandages (sure, there's a weight limit in the games, but it's high enough in Strelok's main game that he can carry a few guns, plenty of ammo for each, lots of health stuff, some artifacts, a few grenades, and nice armor without being slowed down).  To make up for the weight...energy drinks and endurance artifacts.  If he panics, run and drink.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:50:53 am by Jack A T »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 10, 2010, 11:52:40 am »

Medkits: Let's divide from reality from game logic, obviously medkits don't heal that fast.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 10, 2010, 11:55:41 am »

Oh, fine.  But even without fast medkits and knife stabs, he's fast, accurate, powerful, he can regenerate with certain artifacts, and good at all ranges.  Tidus has little in the way of protection from headshots.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 10, 2010, 11:56:43 am »

He has courage, that's what makes young 16 year old bandits who saw their friends get killed fight Strelok.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 10, 2010, 07:15:27 pm »

Strelok's abilities are being way over-exaggerated. He's actually a very skilled regular guy who has some not so regular artifacts that boost his abilities. It all depends on how fast Tidus is really, because if he gets into melee range his high-level swords would cut through Strelok like butter.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 10, 2010, 07:18:33 pm »

Well, are Tidus' swords stronger than than a Pseudogiant? And wasn't the character changed?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 10, 2010, 07:21:03 pm »

Main thing I see in Tidus' favor is time magic, which is a part of his section of the Sphere Grid. I doubt it's that easy to shoot an oppenent under the effects of Haste while under the effects of Slow. Could help him get into melee range without getting filled with lead.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 10, 2010, 07:44:21 pm »

Wait, the so did the switch go or not? Aramco said he switched to Ezio.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 98