Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83739 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round two
« Reply #1320 on: December 09, 2010, 04:59:28 pm »

I reckon that Kikaida is OP. The posts here speak for themselves: Runs at 250kph, can pick up a skyscraper, doesn't bleed or take any real damage and according to one of the posts he can even shoot lasery things. If that aint OP then nothing is.
250 kph - There are beings in this competition this competition that can teleport. That is infinitely fast in comparison to Kikaida.

Pick up a skyscraper - I'd say we limit it to what he's actually done, the most ready example being when he stopped a train from moving. Sauron could do that. Ozymandias could probably do that. Mudkip could do that. Alex Louis Armstrong could do that. and Static might be able to do that.

Doesn't bleed - Youmu, possibly Sauron. This doesn't really effect anything though.

Doesn't take any real damage - Says who? He very clearly loses some fights. He can be beaten, just not by mooks.

Lasers - Are you saying that ranged attacks are OP? What about that one teleporting guy with the lightning? What about Static and his lightning? What about all of those gun-toting maniacs? The Naga's magic? Mr. Miyagi's thousand yard stare?

I'll tell you what's overpowered. Strelok. Strelok has bullets that can kill most mortals in two or fewer well placed shots. Strelok is immune (usually) to psychic attacks. Strelok can venture inside the Sarcophagus at Chernobyl without getting cancer.

Instead of trying to disqualify the already accepted combatants, how about we talk about who would win in a fight to the death. (Or deactivation, as it may be.)

If Strelok is overpowered and Kikaida can beat him with ease then doesn't that make Kikaida overpowered? On another note, he also beat this guy:
Adrian Veidt has been deemed the "smartest man in the world" by many, mainly the media, though this title is deserved. Veidt deftly built both a legitimate and criminal empire large enough to become a global threat through his exploitation of advanced technology and genetics. In one scene, he is shown viewing a wall filled floor to ceiling with television screens, each showing a different image, in order to demonstrate his ability to pay attention to each one simultaneously. From the juxtaposition of these numerous images, he is able to deftly paint a picture of the current political and social climate, from which he can predict future trends and make plans accordingly.
He has ambition matching his intelligence, evidenced by his successful execution of a plan to help Earth towards utopia by ending international hostilities. He is shown to be a ruthless master strategist, swiftly eliminating anybody who dares to get in the way of his plans, while maintaining total secrecy.

Additionally, Veidt is depicted at the pinnacle of human physical ability, to the point of being able to mentally calculate physical reaction times, anticipate the pull of a trigger, and reflexively catch a bullet (though he himself was surprised that worked). He is a superb fighter and martial artist, almost a superhuman unarmed combatant, defeating both Rorschach and Nite Owl. His only defeat came early in his career at the hands of the Comedian, something he never got over.

A world-class athlete, he does acrobatic performances in aid of charity events, performing excellently despite being in his mid-forties. Except for Doctor Manhattan, Ozymandias was easily the most dangerous of the crimefighters in that era.

Although I didn't see that match it once again shows that he is overpowered, he just happened to come across an almost equally overpowered foe. Also, have you ever been shot? One well placed bullet will kill all mortals, two or three well placed bullets is nothing. The hard part is placing those bullets well. Strelok is far from overpowered, in fact, he is probably the most balanced character in this game. He is good at long range and okay in close combat, he can take a few shots with his body armour on and he is decently agile.

On the topic of other people being better than Kikaida: yes, his powers are emulated by other combatants, but how many combatants have all of his powers? How many combatants have insta-kill long range weapons, super powerful close-combat abilities, computer level intelligence, super strength, built in body armour and super speed along with various other abilities? The closest was Ozymandias but Kikaida beat him.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 09, 2010, 05:17:11 pm »

Currently leaning towards the magma lever on Kikaida's prep room. any complaints?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 10, 2010, 12:11:53 am »

Oh hell yes I have a complaint. I was being facetious about Strelok. I was trying to implicate that you could make anyone sound overpowered.

On the topic of other people being better than Kikaida: yes, his powers are emulated by other combatants, but how many combatants have all of his powers? How many combatants have insta-kill long range weapons, super powerful close-combat abilities, computer level intelligence, super strength, built in body armor and super speed along with various other abilities? The closest was Ozymandias but Kikaida beat him.
*None of his ranged attacks are instant kills, they only do about as much damage as a bullet.
*His close combat abilities are no more powerful than those of Sauron; they're probably less powerful.
*As it said on the linked page, he thinks like a human. Not a computer. He's not Data, he's a human that's mechanical.
*His strength isn't all that super. It doesn't take much to push a train an inch to the side, especially from the side.
*His body armor is only made of steel. Was Sauron disqualified for wearing metal skin?
*If this is such a problem, why are no other fast characters banned? Besides, it's only the Sidemachine that can go  that fast; Kikaida isn't much faster than a human.

I say that Raphael should have advanced past the first round because Static should have been disqualified. No mortal can take more than one lightning bolt in quick succession. Static could fly to avoid close combat, or just shock anything that got close. Static thought as well as Kikaida, though he's probably more inventive. Using his electricity, he could also stop a train via magnetism. Static could produce electric fields to stop bullets or shock anyone that came close, which is way cheaper than steel armor. He could also fly around almost as fast as Kikaida can go on his motorcycle.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 10, 2010, 02:11:39 am »

I agree with Barbarossa on Kikaida, but not on Static.
Static was beaten anyway, by a character nobody (I believe) thinks is overpowered, so that point is moot, I guess.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 10, 2010, 03:21:23 am »

It would be really helpful to know have some stated facts about kikaider.
Code: [Select]
Heaviest object lifted over head:
Heaviest object pushed a significant distance:
Strongest item bent or torn:
Greatest terrain damage from ranged attacks:
Toughest object damaged by ranged attacks:
Fastest entity pursued on foot:
Fastest object dodged:
Greatest mass x velocity / surface area physical impact and the resulting damage:
Greatest non-physical impact and damage:
Fastest object hit with a ranged attack:
some examples of close combat skill:
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: December 10, 2010, 09:41:08 am »

Code: [Select]
Heaviest object lifted over head: An unknown model of truck. (Four seats, four wheels. Not a semi.)

Heaviest object pushed a significant distance: He once pushed a train along its track for a hundred meters or so to get it to its station after it had lost power.

Strongest item bent or torn: Once he escaped from a cage by bending the two-inch-thick bars apart.

Greatest terrain damage from ranged attacks: He once broke a boulder I guess, but many martial artists can do that.

Toughest object damaged by ranged attacks: Well, his eyebeams leave marks on just about everything, but the most damage he's done to a big object was probably shooting at Yellow Panther, and the eyebeam went through about two inches of steel, but it made Kikaida rather tired afterwards.

Fastest entity pursued on foot: On foot: 25mph or so. On the Sidemachine: 250mph.

Fastest object dodged: Dozens of throwing spears thrown by mooks. A train once, but that's not too hard.

Greatest mass x velocity / surface area physical impact and the resulting damage:

Greatest non-physical impact and damage:

Fastest object hit with a ranged attack:

Some examples of close combat skill: Successfully grappled Gray Rhino King, the strongest Destructoid ever made. Also, flipping and hurling dozens of spandex-clad mooks.

don't know the others.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 10, 2010, 01:09:17 pm »

Any chance on a verdict? In my eyes it's either Kikaida is disqualified (which I still think he should be) or Kikaida wins (there's now way any human could take on something that good without having massive superpowers (and even then Ozymandias lost)).
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 10, 2010, 01:19:03 pm »

Why is everyone making a big deal about Ozymandias losing? He's one of the weaker contestants, in my opinion.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 10, 2010, 03:04:08 pm »

When it was ruled that ozymandiad would beat kikaida, it was because he would be clearly identified as the enemy. In watchmen, ozymandias is able to do so much because nobody thinks he's the enemy. If the circumstances were different, and ozzy wasn't identified as the enemy beforehand, then he would probably have won.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 10, 2010, 06:08:01 pm »

Ozy is superhuman, maybe not by much, but at least a little. Also, there is the massive access to equipment. But mostly it is his mental abilities, probably not OP in Ozy's case, but they are plenty over-powered in the case of Paul, who is basically all-knowing, for an example of how they could be overpowered.

But at the moment I have no idea how powerful Kikaider is, can it lift a sky-scraper? A train? Did it stand in front of a train and kill its momentum with a well-placed punch? Did it just tilt it a little from the side?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 10, 2010, 07:27:37 pm »

I believe we are adjusting Kikaider's strength to the level of "Could stop a train from moving, but couldn't pick it up".
At this level, he is near or at the same level of physical strength as Armstrong, but is still outclassed by Sauron.
I could be wrong, though.

Could someone maybe describe Strelok's weaponry/abilities again? More info is always good.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 10, 2010, 07:40:17 pm »

Strelok essentially has access to all guns used by the Soviet Union and modern day Russia, I could probably dig up a list but that would be rather pointless.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 10, 2010, 08:08:33 pm »

Vanilla Weapons:
AKS-74u, Signature Weapon.
AKS-74, in his stash.
VSS Vintorez, used by Merc Scar.
AS VAL, Monolithian Standard Issue.
Dragunov, meh.
SVU, Meh.
Makarov, Starter Weapon.
TOZ-34 Hunting Shotgun, Meh.
TOZ-66 Sawn Off, Meh.
Fort 12 Ukrainian made, Meh.
Groza, Meh.
PKM, Meh.
Ghost's AK-47, Self Explanatory.
F2000, Meh.
G36, Meh.
ZM Weapons LR-300, Meh.
SiG Sauer 550, Clear Sky Strelok.
MP5, Double Meh.
M9 Beretta, Meh.
USP .45 Compact, Meh.
SIG Sauer P226, Meh.
IMI Desert Eagle, Meh.
Walther P99, Meh.
Knife, Godly.
RGD-6 Grenade, Meh.
F1 Grenade, Godly.

Armor, Vanilla.
SEVA Suit.
Leather Jacket.
Exoskeleton, Freedom and Non-Freedom model.
Berill-5m.
PSZ-9 Black Shell.
Bandit Jacket.
STALKER Suit.
Freedom Suit.
Merc Suit.

That should help.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 10, 2010, 08:54:27 pm »

Stop a train from moving? Like standing in front of over a hundred tonnes of material travelling at over a hundred kilometres per hour and having it just stop when it hits you? Because friction will stop a train by itself if given enough time and a lack of propulsion. Or do we mean "more powerful than a locomotive" which would bear an unfortunate resemblance to the description of superman, who is explicitly overpowered.
Read the First Post!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 10, 2010, 08:58:42 pm »

Actually, I think we mean stop a train from going from a stationary position to a moving position.
I could be misunderstanding, though.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98