Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 83718 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Submissions
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2010, 10:36:33 am »

For arts? Kickass.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2010, 10:40:36 am »

Normally, during the discussion phase there are rough outlines of what each character would do (e.g. X would try to hide until nightfall, then use the cover of darkness to help hunt down Y), but nothing hugely detailed. If you want to post your own write-ups of what happens feel free-you don't need to apply for my permission or anything.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2010, 10:41:47 am »

Yes. I formally withdraw from the debate to do write-ups.

i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Jo vs Roland Deschain
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2010, 10:46:42 am »

Let's start the first match. I'm still setting up the tree (I'm experimenting with some colour-coding), so that'll take a bit longer to be up.

Jo
VS
Roland Deschain

Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:00:25 pm by ed boy »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2010, 10:49:51 am »

Nice. Gunslinger duel.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2010, 11:03:17 am »

JO fires off the first shot! i did not know anything at all about either character until today!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2010, 11:04:44 am »

I want to comment on the current state of the tree. First, color tags go inside url text, otherwise it is overwritten by standard hyperlink appearance.

Second, due to ed boy not knowing that, and due to Barney being the only one without a description link, it seems Barney has preemptively lost. Which is rather unsurprising. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2010, 11:16:31 am »

Well, it's a work in progress. Also, which are you referring to? This is what I currently have:
Code: [Select]
[color=red][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(Alien_franchise)]Alien[/url]═══════════════════════════╗[/color]Which comes out as:
Alien═══════════════════════════╗

The alternative would be:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(Alien_franchise)][color=red]Alien[/color][/url][color=red]═══════════════════════════╗[/color]Alien═══════════════════════════╗

The only difference I notice is on the colour of the underline when you mouse-over (I'm using firefox)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2010, 11:42:27 am »

I'm on Firefox 4b1. I can assure you the second variant is completely red. You may have set hyperlink display preferences differently though.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2010, 12:13:39 pm »

Second one is completely red, in the first one the link is yellow and the rest is red. I'm on Opera 10.61

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2010, 12:13:47 pm »

OK. I'm not sure who would win here. If I had to go by anything, I would say that Roland would have an advantage simply because of how much he's been through. He doesn't seem to me like the sort of guy that would just up and die, especially to some 17-year old punk with a gun.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2010, 01:21:25 pm »

I propose this as the tourney ladder display:

Quote from: Tournament Ladder

>Jo<════════════════════╗
                        ╠>_____________________<╗
>Roland Deschain<═══════╝                       
>Static<════════════════╗                       ║                       
                        ╠>_____________________<╝                       
>Raphael<═══════════════╝                                               
>Vindicare Assassin<════╗                                               ║                       
                        ╠>_____________________<╗                       ║                       
>Razor<═════════════════╝                       ║                       ║                       
>Alien<═════════════════╗                       ║                                               
>Reisen<════════════════╝                                                                       
>Youmu Konpaku<═════════╗                                                                       ║                       
                        ╠>_____________________<╗                                               ║                       
>Xigbar<════════════════╝                       ║                                               ║                       
>Barney the dinosaur<═══╗                       ║                       ║                       ║                       
                        ╠>_____________________<╝                       ║                       ║                       
>A guardian naga<═══════╝                                               ║                       ║                       
>Senri<═════════════════╗                                               ║                                               
>Mudkip<════════════════╝                       ║                       ║                                               
>GDI Disc Thrower<══════╗                       ║                                                                       
>John Egbert<═══════════╝                                                                                               
                                                                                         WINNER: >_____________________<╣
>Jar Jar<═══════════════╗                                                                                               
>Dark Lord Sauron<══════╝                       ║                                                                       
>Ruby<══════════════════╗                       ║                       ║                                               
                        ╠>_____________________<╝                       ║                                               
>Lord Zedd<═════════════╝                                               ║                                               
>Duncan Idaho<══════════╗                                               ║                       ║                       
                        ╠>_____________________<╗                       ║                       ║                       
>The Punisher<══════════╝                       ║                       ║                       ║                       
>Mr. Miyagi<════════════╗                       ║                                               ║                       
                        ╠>_____________________<╝                                               ║                       
>Eddie Riggs<═══════════╝                                                                       ║                       
>Ozymandias<════════════╗                                                                       
>Kikaida<═══════════════╝                       ║                                               
>The Marked One/Strelok<╗                       ║                       ║                       
>Tidus<═════════════════╝                                               ║                       
>Marx Soul<═════════════╗                                               
>Alex Louis Armstrong<══╝                       ║                       
>Paul Atreides<═════════╗                       
>Ezio Auditore<═════════╝

Personally, I would prefer a black/red/orange/yellow/green/white color pattern. I'll do both versions, and we can choose.

Aand done, original color version. I'll put both in a separate post under spoilers, and we can choose.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:50:49 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2010, 01:34:28 pm »

A tip: use the courier font - all the characters are the same width.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2010, 01:35:23 pm »

Well, it's not really much of a competition, IMO. In a battle of gun vs gun, alot of it is luck-who can get the first shot off, and who can hit. Roland can fire and reload faster than the eye can follow and hit for example, a baseball sized object one handed at a hundred yards etc etc. He's the best of the best.

His weapons are dual revolvers of course-Colt 45., 6 rounds, double action, sandalwood grips, made of steel melted down from Excalibur...a normal person could probably take a hit to a non-vital and not die instantly. He aims for the head or heart of course.

Physically, he's peak Human, though his advantage is in endurance, not raw strength-he WALKED to the Tower! A distance that was essentially indenfinable, in time and space.

His weaknesses? He's obviously vulnerable to a melee enemy that can somehow get close to him-he actually got walloped by a mutant sometime earlier in his career when it ambushed him-and that leads into the second weakness, in that he's not good at  "thinking around corners". He's said to be bad at riddles-too impatient, more likely to rush in and solve things with his guns without puzzling it out.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:40:35 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2010, 01:55:28 pm »

Ed boy, I'm using TeleType. If it doesn't show up monospace for you, something's wrong on your end.

Now, comparison.
Spoiler: OP Color scheme (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New color scheme (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 98