Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MiamiBryce's GlassForge Mini-Mod  (Read 1410 times)

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MiamiBryce's GlassForge Mini-Mod
« on: September 04, 2010, 03:18:40 pm »

The GlassForge Mini-Mod
Version 0.1

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3057
New Buildings
  • Glass Forge ("G" under furnaces): Allows you access to all the reactions mentioned below and more! Total of 196 reactions, sorry for the clutter, lol.
  • Glass Forge (Magma):  as above but, of course, removes fuel requirements from reactions.

New Reactions:

• make raw clear glass from green glass (glass forge): Raw Green Glass + Pearlash + Fuel= Raw Clear Glass
  • make rock crystal (glass forge): Lead Bar + Bag of Sand x 2 + Fuel = Rough Rock Crystals x 3
  • make raw crystal glass (glass forge): Rough Rock Crystal + Pearlash + Fuel = Raw Crystal Glass
  • make raw crystal glass from clear glass (glass forge): Lead Bar + Raw Clear Glass x 2 + Fuel = Raw Crystal Glass x 3
  • other make reactions: For each three glass type, green, clear, and crystal; there is a set of reactions that essentially late you take one raw glass, one fuel and make an item. The exception being goblets, vials, and figurines which produce three items.
  • recycling reactions: If you can make it out of glass, you can melt it back down to raw glass. Be warned, you've an 80% chance or less to recover your glass!

I don't mind a bit if anyone wants to use any or all of this in their own mod, as long my name goes in the credits somewhere.  Especially if you go by Deon on these forums, lol.

Don't forget to let me know what you think can be improved on!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 08:07:56 am by MiamiBryce »

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
Re: MiamiBryce's GlassForge Mini-Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 05:30:04 pm »

Sounds cool. How do you make it so that there is only an 80% chance of return?

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 05:39:31 pm »

The 80 in [PRODUCT:80:1:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_CLEAR:NONE] means 80%.  Since everything takes 1 raw glass, everything has 80% chance of 1 raw glass.  Except for the things that make three, then they are 26% chance.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 07:55:43 pm »

The 80 in [PRODUCT:80:1:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_CLEAR:NONE] means 80%.  Since everything takes 1 raw glass, everything has 80% chance of 1 raw glass.  Except for the things that make three, then they are 26% chance.
It means 80% of the item will be generated.
The first item you recycle will fail.
The second to fifth items will create glass.
repeat this loop.
just like if you set that 80 to 150, the first operation will make 1 item, but the second will make 2.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 01:41:49 am »

Oh this is cool. Is there a magma-powered version?

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 08:06:26 am »

Oh this is cool. Is there a magma-powered version?

Yes.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 08:11:45 am »

My point still stands that the first out of every five items won't remelt into glass, but the other four will 'recycle' without fail.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 08:42:41 am »

My point still stands that the first out of every five items won't remelt into glass, but the other four will 'recycle' without fail.
That is inaccurate. It is a chance, not a progress bar. And just to be sure, I just tested it with a 25% chance reaction, where I had a positive result after 2 goes of the reaction, and a total of 5 positive result after eight reactions. After ten more reactions, I had a grand total of eight products.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 01:56:15 pm »

Thanks, I never got what that was for.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 08:47:45 pm »

Another question: Will I need to regen my world for this to work?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 08:50:33 pm »

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 06:03:26 pm »

Anyone have any feedback?

I Threw this together one Saturday morning, it is by no means a finished product so please don't go dismissing it if it seems somehow rough.  This mod DOES work.  You want crystal glass (anything?) well you need a mod to do it for you until Toady fixes DF, and this mod delivers.  It also allows you to make green and clear glass goblets  (also currently bugged).  My personal favorite recipe would have to be "1 Raw Crystal Glass + 1 Fuel = 3 Crystal Glass Figurines."

Oh, and remember this mod works with raw green class, raw clear glass, and raw crystal glass so you can take things directly from merchants and make windows, blocks, statues, figurines, etc. out of them.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 08:58:03 pm »

Another question: Will I need to regen my world for this to work?

Generally, if you add something completely new, you do. If you modify something already in the game, you don't.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".