Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Nov 17 Version: v0.22.110.23c]Visual glitch: barrels di  (Read 1062 times)

Starfisher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Nov 17 Version: v0.22.110.23c]Visual glitch: barrels di
« on: November 17, 2006, 07:50:00 pm »

I had a cave in at my food stockpile before I had placed any barrels there. I cleared the debris and redefined the stockpile over the now rocky ground. A dwarf showed up with a food barrel and put it on a rock.

The barrel disappeared. I figured it was just being blocked by the rock. I waited for a bit. My fisher dwarf put a fish down on the stockpile, and then someone put a barrel on top of the fish. The barrel disappeared.

I remember things blinking on and off when they were on top of each other in previous verisons. It doesn't look like my food stores  mysertiously went down during all this, so the barrel may still be there.

After watching for a bit, I saw someone come up and put the fish in the barrel, which made the barrel re-appear.

I don't know if the one with the rock came back but I'm guessing it will. So this is just a visual glitch, or maybe working as intended. I didn't realize putting a barrel ON something would make that something appear on top.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [Nov 17 Version: v0.22.110.23c]Visual glitch: barrels di
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 10:45:00 pm »

A barrel is an item, not a building, so there will be no flashing.  It was probably just a fish obscuring the barrel.  You can check with [k] to see what is in the square.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!