Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: how to entice someone into playing dwarf fortress  (Read 3647 times)

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
Re: how to entice someone into playing dwarf fortress
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 10:42:56 pm »

yes they are
i cant make a labyrinth i dont understand pressure plates

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 10:47:05 pm »

on the same topic is there anyway i could convince my mother to play dwarf fortress and maaybe my girlfriend

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 10:47:46 pm »

Okay, now you're just being silly.

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 10:48:47 pm »

im kind of serious about my mom

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 10:51:42 pm »

Cerealsly? It kind of depends on how open-minded a person is - If they want to spend time learning how to play Dwarf Fortress then they will be more inclined do to so, but if they just want to get into the action and start playing then Dwarf Fortress isn't the game for them.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 10:52:00 pm »

Ho ho ho, I appreciate that you appreciate it. Sophistication is in short supply, you know.

Mister Grey9, I took the liberty of riding an elephant into the depths of Dwarf Fortress. The inhabitants are not civilized, wot? They insist upon spreading religion or, worse, entreating me to handle such worrisome things as the decapitation of their government! I'll keep myself clean of these fellows, thank you very much.

Your mother? Your girlfriend? You must realize the foolishness of this! The women you love will likely both be quite offended to hear of the cat leather trade. Being a man of culture, I find the luxuriousness of the material far outweighs whatever suffering was necessary to bring it to my lodgings. But these are not men of culture we speak of. In fact, they are not men at all! You will plan this battle out in advance, if you are foolish enough to try at all, yes?
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 10:54:15 pm »

Being not so cultured my good sir as can be seen by my skills in puctuation, i am foolish enough to try

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 10:59:09 pm »

on the same topic is there anyway i could convince my mother to play dwarf fortress and maaybe my girlfriend
If i were in such a surreal presence where you could read my face, but still we would remain unseen, I'd give a quite strongly expressed face of doubt and say that you may be quite a bit more youthful than your profile suggests, but that peice of information is currently irrrlavent.

Back to the topic at hand, i suggest that you try to muster more of your time towards someone else who may find the thought of 'playing a losing game' quite amusing. If your siblings and/or residence fit that criteria, suggest Dwarf Fortress to them. If not, try someone else.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 10:59:36 pm »

Dears sir, you must have adequate planning! When my knife brought upon itself the duty of trimming my facial topiary, did it go about it without an idea of how the battle would be executed? No! It knew that the jungle that lies upon my upper lip was a ferocious, if quite civilized, beast, and it planned accordingly.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 11:01:37 pm »

Dears sir, you must have adequate planning! When my knife brought upon itself the duty of trimming my facial topiary, did it go about it without an idea of how the battle would be executed? No! It knew that the jungle that lies upon my upper lip was a ferocious, if quite civilized, beast, and it planned accordingly.
this is quite possibly the best thing i have read all day also who the hell lies on the internet i AM actually 16 as my profile suggests

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 11:08:22 pm »

"Who in gods name lies on the internet at 1AM (Or 16 PM, as my profile suggests)?
(At least I think that's what you meant)

Time zones?

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 11:09:44 pm »

"Who in gods name lies on the internet at 1AM (Or 16 PM, as my profile suggests)?

Time zones?
well i take it i am being made fun of but cannot help but remind you that getting your eyes checked every two years is very important lest you mistake an i for a 1

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 11:12:20 pm »

Time zones?
well i take it i am being made fun of but cannot help but remind you that getting your eyes checked every two years is very important lest you mistake an i for a 1

I was not making fun of you, and I realized that that was an i, however, when I regarded the spelling and grammar of your previous posts, I sort of just assumed that it was a 1. Also, I realize that my post (hilariously) makes absolutely no sense and that you were referring to your age. My bad.

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 11:14:25 pm »

500 dwarfbucks for everyone who has brought me so much silly joy tonight

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 11:14:52 pm »

this is quite possibly the best thing i have read all day also who the hell lies on the internet i AM actually 16 as my profile suggests
I actually would disagree with you so, as i would see this as another sign of fair youth through your naivety if it weren't for you meddling kids the very fact that the insanely high amount of ruses which can easily be created on the internet devoids the fact i am saying anything at all. Would you believe that i am 13? Of course not, but that is what I percieve as truth.
But taking in account your post, I will make my exiting statements.
Now to take a little poke at logic:
"You are younger than your profile suggests."
Now i ask, is that a lie?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5