Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm going to end it all.  (Read 3164 times)

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
I'm going to end it all.
« on: September 03, 2010, 02:57:00 pm »

How should I?

A)  Prepare a magma 'SCREW THE WORLD!' device
B)  Breach HFS
C)  Catsplosion (FPS death)
D)  Mass Dwarven Suicide Chamber
E)  Burning lignite bins + Overworld Map
F)  Give everyone a pet alligator.
G)  Last Dwarf Standing super-survivor arena
H)  Mass Artifact/Masterwork destruction
I)  Cave the entire map down into the magma sea
J)  Prepare a REAL goblin siege, with 100+ goblins, 20+ trolls, and various mounts unleashed behind my defenses and see how far my traps can go?  (Armok's favorite, i'm sure.)
K)  Variation of J.  Goblin Supersiege vs. The Clown Aramada?
L)  Get the worst noble possible (though selective magma-ing) and attempt to have all my dwarves jailed at once?
M)  Forgotten Beast Blood Sauna?
N)  Prepare a ginormous dwarf-launching bridge and fling everyone in random directions
O)  Use Runesmith to blind all dwarves and see just how they fare
P)  'Bad King', specially isolate a very demanding Forgotten Beast Adamantine King to where dwarves can come 'serve' him but he cannot escape the fort
Q)  The Dwarflander, drops dwarves from 3 z-levels with no medical intervention, allowing only those who survive to continue
R)  Go Hippy, stop eating meat, using wood, metal, and farming and live off the land-  and on the land
S)  How I Make Babby, kill all female dwarves and let them age to death
T)  Vomitorium, force every dwarf to cave adaptation then lock them in a bright, shiny room with food and booze for a lifetime and see how long they last (without beds)
U)  Hazardous Workplace, put an automated upright spike (menacing spike) trap behind the door of every workshop and watch OSHA have a fit
V)  Aquadwarves, dump them into 4/7 water labyrinth with a few breathing spots lined with traps and carp venemous water monsters, and see if anyone survives?
W)  Yggdrasil, attempt to build a 50 z-story tree (out of wood, of course) and survive the elven hypocritical ambushes
X)  Dead Weight, attempt to replace EVERYTHING possible with lead, and watch my dwarves crawl to a halt.  Also, no booze.
Y)  We're All Mad Here, use Runesmith to force all but one dwarf into a strange mood at once.
Z)  D'oh, make everyone a miner and cause them all to die by digging into something unintelligent.

D FOR DWARF)  Build a 'Dwarven Laboratory' and cage all manner of horrific beastiest, for !!SCIENCE!!.  Nothing can possibly go wrong, unless that janitor accidentally pulls the 'off' switch on the 10 megaton ectoplasmic containment unit.  (Bonus for Doom references)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:07:32 pm by janglur »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to end it all.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:15:59 pm »

Combine A, B and D.

Mass suicide with magma+water obsidian cave-in that collapses the entire fort and it's population down to funland.

Tommy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 04:00:08 pm »

I'm under the impression that they won't drown in anything less than 7/7 water, so V needs a bit of work.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER
Dwarf Fortress in a nutshell. It includes dead things, parties, and getting really excited over updates.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 04:02:02 pm »

Tommy is correct. 4/7 water just gets them swimming. To drown, the water must be 7/7, and be enclosed.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Darkcrystal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:18:02 pm »

I'm under the impression that they won't drown in anything less than 7/7 water, so V needs a bit of work.

They have to get tired sometime. Once they do they start drowning cause the whole place will be in 4/7 water and there might not be any stair to get out of it. He doesn't want to drown his dwarfs outright he want them to swim to their death.

Anyways I think you should definitely do G and F and see how far your dwarfs and pet alligator go. Last man(reptile) standing wins(a lava bath)!

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 04:32:24 pm »

All of them.
I don't care how, but make them all happen.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 04:38:48 pm »

AA) If you only have one layer of SMR above Princeto... Clown College you could try dropping your fort through the roof via Cave-in.

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 04:39:44 pm »

ALL AT ONCE.

Or Y. The thought of a melancholy babbling berserk fortress pleases me. Also, in an effort to make things even more fun,

Put levers around. Lots of them. One for magma, water, sealing doors, unleashing seiges, beasts, ferocious creatures, and cave-ins.

For !!science!! of course.
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 04:41:18 pm »

AA) If you only have one layer of SMR above Princeto... Clown College you could try dropping your fort through the roof via Cave-in.
That won't work.
SMR eats anything that attempts to be on the same tile as it.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 04:44:44 pm »

but you'd get to ERASE YOUR FORT FROM EXISTENCE. Think of how awesome that would be. your dwarves just removed a LARGE section of the world from reality. No atomsmasher can even HARM raw stone, so this is several orders of magnitude more impressive. Granted, your game is likely to explode...
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 05:31:01 pm »

but you'd get to ERASE YOUR FORT FROM EXISTENCE. Think of how awesome that would be. your dwarves just removed a LARGE section of the world from reality. No atomsmasher can even HARM raw stone, so this is several orders of magnitude more impressive. Granted, your game is likely to explode...

What he^ said... (call it "AB").

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 05:38:10 pm »

Clown vs. Gobbo fight to the death.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 06:41:17 pm »

Y. and make sure you film it to the tune of Yakety Sax
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 09:13:28 pm »

I want T. I've never seen it really done on purpose. Post screen shots!
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 09:18:36 pm »

Do them all...make sure in an order that they all can happen at once/in succession.

But make sure you do it while wearing nothing but a coonskin hat.  Because that is just more hardcore  8)

(Bonus points to anyone who gets that reference)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]
Pages: [1] 2