Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Hazing?  (Read 666 times)

fluiddruid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Hazing?
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:47:00 am »

So I set up my first jail recently (after the inexplicable beating and subsequent expiration of one of my stonecrafters), and then finally figured out how to get my military working properly and doing group trainings (rather than just individual).

One of my dwarves promptly got chained up in jail.  His status says "training session"?  What kind of training involves being in jail?!

I fear my dwarves, after long months of individual drills, may have gone a bit too far when I gave them permission to hold classes.  Is there a way for me to tell what crime he committed, or if he indeed committed one at all?  I'm a bit concerned that they piled a bunch of silk socks and gloves on top of his chains for no particular reason (no stockpile, and he's the first prisoner).  Are they concerned that he's too effeminate to be a proper Pikedwarf?

Tommy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Hazing?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 11:49:26 am »

Z -> Justice should tell you all you need to know about his crimes, if you dare investigate them.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER
Dwarf Fortress in a nutshell. It includes dead things, parties, and getting really excited over updates.

fluiddruid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 11:57:41 am »

Ah.  Violation of production order (no platinum).  Still doesn't explain the socks, but that makes sense.

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 12:10:16 pm »

Press k and then enter while looking at one of the socks. See if he happens to be the owner of said socks and gloves.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:46:44 pm »

His status says "training session"?  What kind of training involves being in jail?!

Mental Training... Use the force!

Or hes planing a way to escape.